Acrobat Reader for iOS

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for iOS by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

To cancel your subscription to Adobe Document Cloud PDF services

Feature Request/Bug

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Phantom Files (local files only)

I have two pdf files on my iPad in adobe reader that have no content and cannot be opened, deleted, or renamed. They only have file names.
    I would like to delete them but there does not seem to be any way to do that. I have tried to access them both in the Adobe app and using the Apple file app. Any suggestions?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need Info  ·  8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There is major delay in syncing

I use smart phone and tablet. Using document cloud and dropbox to share content, so that i can read anywhere i want, using which ever gadget i want. But tablet data sync comparitively faster than mobile. It takes days mobile app to sync, I dont find annotations in tablet. Look in to this. Internet is working well.
    Regards.
    Regards

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Troubleshooting/Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Open PDF/A files read-only.

I use Document Cloud and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to store documents in PDF/A format. Acrobat Pro DC always warns that a file is (or claims to be) PDF/A and opens those files read-only, but Acrobat on iPhone allows me to draw over, highlight, underline, strike out, etc. a PDF/A without any warning whatsoever. The Acrobat mobile app should implement the same behavior as the desktop software when dealing with PDF/A files.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  File List and User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unable to change fill and sign information.

Can’t change information in fil and sign

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create your own bookmarks and edit an existing highlight.

Give us the option to make bookmarks , as it’s already possible on Androids. Would be better for rapid searching in long documents like books.

Also give us the option to edit an existing highlight , i mean we need to be able to extend that highlight as it already possible on Androids. Here we have to delete that highlight and create a new one and thats not handful at all.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. IOS update 12.2

Not able to open PDF file after the update

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. BUG no aplicativo IOS

Ontem ocorreu um bug no Adobe do meu ipad e o aplicado foi excluido com todos os meus arquivos e pastas. Tem como recuperar esses arquivos?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Highlighting

Dear Admins,

It would really be a great feature if u can add an option to see the highlighted parts of the pdf you’re reading, in case you need to review the pdf later .. they will act as a summary for the important notes u need to see

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Quick access to Bookmarks

Bookmarks panel should be more accessible. One tap instead of two. And since the thumb is closer to the bottom of the screen the bar with tapable options should be at the bottom.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  File List and User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Standard and Full Range highlight colors as a means of accessibility

I need to use the mobile app to read and markup my research lit reviews on the go. I have used the desktop app (I have the cc subscription) just for that for years now and annoyingly, the highlight color does not match. The desktop app has a mustard yellow color as standard and the mobile app limits the color range of yellow to a bright fluorescent yellow that bothers the eyes, especially if you’re starting at screens all day. My docs now have two color highlights from interchanging use of devices. I have to manually go onto the desktop…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set status on comments

On the desktop version you are able to set a status on a comment (ie accept/reject). It would be very helpful to have the same feature on the mobile app

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Resizing drawings very difficult in updated version

Before the comment options tab was moved to the bottom of the screen, resizing drawings was effortless. It’s become frustratingly difficult to resize drawings. I push my drawing around the page for minutes before the drawing box recognizes that I want to resize it. Can you please recover the sensitivity of the corners of drawing (and other resizable) boxes in this newer version?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Icloud

Hi. I want to save all changes on my original file in iCloud. However when I press done nothing will save on iCloud.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. pictures in pdf shown in windows not on Apple Mac/Iphone/Ipad

A pdf-file showes pictures that are included when viewing on a windws-pc but not on an Appe-device. Very strange.
    Those pictures also did not appear after I installed Adobe.
    Help!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bookmark UI is too narrow

1. Its balloon UI is too small, long bookmark names does not fit into the balloon UI's width.

2. It requires clicking into several "folders" in order to access a nested bookmark entry. It'd be better to have them expanded by default (which would require the point 1 to be addressed).

Personally I am happy with a UI for browsing bookmarks of pdf as implemented in an app called "kybook 3"

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sottolineature

Nonostante si attivi la funzione (diventando azzurro l'elemento sottolineatura e sia indicato un colore diverso dal bianco), la parte di testo sottolineata strisciando il dito resta priva di sottolineatura

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Troubleshooting/Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Replacing older versions of same document way too complicated/difficult on iPad 4th Generation

I have three iPads, an iPad 2, and iPad Mini, and an iPad Mini Fourth-Generation. The problem I am about to describe only exists on the iPad Mini Fourth-Generation. PLEASE fix it.
    The problem is that I frequently update saved PDF files with newer versions of themselves. On my other two iPads, whenever I move or share a new version of an existing PDF to Adobe from an email attachment or from another program on my iPad, the program puts the new file into the top folder level of "On This Ipad" and when I attempt to move it from…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File List and User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Viewing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base