Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

63 results found

1. Using TurboTax, tax returns can be prepared for US citizens. You can feel confident about TurboTax's commitment to protecting your information. Enter 16 digit code at installturbotax com to get started. https://takeactionnyc.com/install-turbotax/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Installation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We are working with SCCM/packaging and we discovered a problem when trying to uninstall latest Reader DC 2021.011.20039 from computers by command line. Uninstallation seems to be finished successfully (Reader DC is removed from Programs and Features) but the process "hangs" and never ends, which will cause SCCM or other install system to report it as still running/in progress and not report as success. Attached is a log file from one instance of this issue. We were able to reproduce it on several VMs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In Windows, when Acrobat Reader is installed, AcrobatInfo.exe is registered as a COM server. It is registered with the wrong path : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\AcrobatInfo.exe. The correct path is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\AcrobatInfo.exe. This has been a longstanding issue that I have seen reported by CCleaner for years.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adobe Reader DC version 2021.007.20099 has broken the Right-Click menu, removing "Marque Zoom". Yes, I know the icon can be added to the toolbar, but I and my staff have been using the right-click method for years and do not understand why we are now forced to change. Why can't we add it back to the right-click menu? It was working fine, why change it? Note this is a problem that generated identical complaints back in 2015.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Data Scanner for IMessages photos Location in everything else please thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The percentage of completed installation is not updating in the tooltip.
    I have attached an image of it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There is no 64-Bit IE Addon available with 2020 Classic Reader. Could you help with updating the package with the 64-Bit IE Addon to have seamless access when accessing IE with Reader 2020 Classic ?
    version Installed - 2020.001.30020

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Our company has an active Enterprise license agreement for Acrobat and other products. One of the key reasons we did this was to enable Federated IDs for access to the applications so that the ID would be integrated to Azure AD. Users that only need Reader and do not require a full-blown licensed copy of Acrobat are not able to login to Reader. The only way to login to Reader is to create a personal, ‘Adobe ID’ which is then outside of corporate control or management. Since Reader is ‘free’ software, there should be no reason that it can’t be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We see in the last month/year a much bader update experience for reader than before. The formerly usable ftp-server is not actual anymore:
    ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/
    And we see lots of customers where the function "Search for updates" inside Reader is GONE - even a clean NEW installation does not show it anymore! So what can be done if this position is gone in the help menu? And how can update enrollment be done better (actually we get the ARM folder on an updated PC and deply this packet afterwards, but this only works incremental - and if one version is missing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The new released MAC uses the new OS which is called "M1". Apple stopped using intel as their OS and started producing their own OS. I hope that the M1 OS compatibility will be available soon.

Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have most recent windows 10 Pro 64 bits, but I could not install Acrobat Reader DC 64 bits. I installed several times, but it appeared only installed the ones of 32bits.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Standardise the appearance to match the rest of the Adobe family.
    The Step 1 Operating System list is hard to understand and I battled to find my Mac OS. The install took ages and has now hung twice without managing to install. Overall, the experience is unsettling and worrying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When there re space restrictions on the C: drive Adobe apps can be moved to the D: drive. However, Acrotray.exe. errors happen. There needs to be a way for the Cloud installer to repair this automatically and let the user continue to use the D: drive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adobe Reader DC updated to Continuous Release 2020.012.20048 (File version 20.012.20048.6926). I open a SCANNED PDF and immediately get error reading:
    A font package is required to correctly display this page. Click "OK" to direct your browser to download the add-on from adobe.com. After installation, you will need to close and re-open the document to correctly view contents dependent on these newly installed fonts.

I click OK and eventually get directed to: https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=6839&fileID=6837

This page has a "Download Now" button but when clicked does nothing - no download is initiated and I get no warning of a popup being blocked.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I installed the latest version Reader DC on a Windows 7 64-bit pc, fater the old version freezed after some seconds. But the result is always the same, the new installation always freeze after few seconds.
    I tryed a new installation from scratch, restarted many times, disinstalled DC some times, used the Acrobat Cleaner tool, tryed to correct the installation, but nothing worked, DC always freezes and I have to kill it.
    The dump files below were collected at the same time (there were two AcroRd32.exe processes running at the same time, I do not know if this is normal).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Serveral users in different environments having issues with the August 2020 update. Reader DC no longer works to open PDFs. Uninstall and Reinstall, and repair have not fixed the issue. Issue exists on Windows 8.1 systems and Windows Server 2012 R2. Issue occurs when attempting to open PDFs. On some uninstall and reinstall, tests of opening PDFs are successful, and then start failing again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Realy sorry to hear about the issue that you are facing with the Latest Reader when trying to open the PDFs.

We would like you to kindly share the requested Procmon logs(as shared in the previous replies) with us so that the engineering Team can start actively working on the issue that you are facing.

Also we would want to do a Web-Conference session as soon as possible where we would also debug the issue virtually on your machine for fixing.

Please let me know your availability so that a meeting could be scheduled for the same.
    You can drop an an email directly at ajain@adobe.com for any other assistance that you may need in this ?

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

18. How do I fix this please\

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

File: C:/Users/Ganapathy/AppData/Local/Adobe/Reader 9.0/Setup Files/AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.exe
    Info ID: 32.414.03.2.20020
    Please send the Info ID and file name to http://www.adobe.com/misc/bugreport.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Environment: Win 10-64/Version 2004/OS Build 19041.330/Dell Inspiron 7000 Series.
    If Chrome extension option is selected, my install fails with Libcef.dll error (see entire error in attached image file). Both optional choices were also deselected.

With all options deselected, the install runs correctly
    The downloaded filename is readerdcenxacrainstall

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)