Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

551 results found

1. With pdflatex we've created a document with a single rotated page. We've tried several PDF viewers, which work as expected, but Acrobat Reader (tested version 2024.001.20604 and some others) jumps to the wrong page when any of the hyperlinks are clicked on the TOC, the navigation bookmarks, or in the text.

We've created a MWE that can be generated in overleaf (https://www.overleaf.com/read/yfwhpwjdcfvk#3d8e17). I attach also the PDF document showing the problem.

Other PDF viewers tested, which work fine are: okular, evince, google PDF viewer, Edge PDF viewer, some Android and iPhone viewers, which jump fine to the expected…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. bring back the Customize Quick Tools' option on Reader

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello man, I am big fun of psg and often use this trustable https://pari-match-online.in/bonus/ for betting, it has several undebatebal advantages such as big functionality, big amount of online everyday users, and smart interface, just try it, you will not regret at all!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. With the introduction of virtual desktops in Windows 10, some users such as myself have multiple projects going on simultaneously. The virtual desktop feature greatly aids compartmentalization in this aspect.

Let us say I am working in a virtual desktop called vd3 for instance, and I do not currently have an instance of Acrobat running on vd3. Now I open a PDF file and there is already an instance of Acrobat running on a different virtual desktop, say vd1. Now, instead of opening a new instance of Acrobat in vd3, Windows forces a switch to vd1 and opens my PDF…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In todays world, many browsers now have built-in PDF viewers to help deal with end of browser plugins and the rise of HTML 5 and mobile apps. Can you please consider eliminating browser plugin for Adobe Reader DC and make Adobe Reader a Mac and Windows App store app as quickly as possible to modernize pdf experience and introduce adobe Scan app which uploads scanned document from iPhone directly to mac or windows PC as well.

As many websites are going HTML 5 and browser plugin support is being reduced, we need to see adobe acrobat reader app converted from…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We Desperately Need To Be Able To Control How Much Zoom We Want In Full Screen Mode.
    The Ctrl+ And Ctrl- Just Take Such Big Steps And I Cannot Adjust The Right Amount Of Zoom I Want.

I Hope It's Not Too Difficult To Understand Or To Implement ... Because Without This, I Cannot Use Adobe Acrobat/Reader

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I was asked to create a document in such a way that when it gets passed along it opens in Read Mode instead of with the comment, fill &sign and more tools panel open. Apparently that can't be done.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. バージョン2023.006.20320において、Acrobat Readerに関連付けられたPDFファイルをバックグラウンド印刷することができなくなりました。
    エクスプローラーでAcrobat Readerに関連付けられたPDFファイルを右クリックして「印刷」を選択すると、既定のプリンターに印刷されるのが期待値ですが、実際には印刷動作が行われません。
    Acrobat Readerを起動してからバックグラウンド印刷を行うと正常に印刷が行われます。
    印刷の関連付けに基づいてバックグラウンド印刷を行うアプリケーションが動作しなくなっていて非常に困っています。

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Technology plays a pivotal role in advancing audio description video accessibility by introducing innovative solutions to enhance the creation, delivery, and user experience. Here are some key roles technology can play:
    1. Automated Audio Description: Utilizing machine learning and artificial intelligence, technology can automate the process of generating audio descriptions, making it more cost-effective and efficient.

1. Personalization and Customization: Technology enables users to personalize their audio description experience, allowing them to adjust narration speed, voice preferences, and even select specific audio description tracks tailored to their needs.
      Seamless Integration: Streaming platforms, video players, and smart devices can integrate audio description…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Small Incision Lenticule Extraction surgery, often known as SMILE eye surgery, is a new type of laser refractive surgery that uses a femtosecond laser to generate a small lenticule in the cornea of the eye. The lenticule is then retrieved via a small incision produced with the laser.
    Read more: https://bhartieyefoundation.in/smile-eye-surgery.html

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. During the height of the pandemic, many used to take solace in solitude while playing video games. Currently, gaming businesses are struggling as prices surge and society gradually returns to its pre-crisis form.
    Similar to IT giants who saw their businesses grow as Covid-19 fears kept people at home, producers of gaming consoles, peripherals, and software are going through a post-pandemic phenomenon. After relying primarily on indoor entertainment for years, the squeeze has been made worse by gaming fatigue and growing inflation.
    The expert emphasized that, despite the fact that gamers must choose how to spend their money as a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am trying to hook up with developers to ensure we can work better in protected mode

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I want to restore the page menu on my pdf document. How do I do it. I've tried everything that is described but it isn't working

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Today I learned that when a PDF's text includes URLs that are -not- marked up as hyperlinks, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Preview, and Google Chrome's built-in PDF renderer all attempt to convert the URLs to clickable hyperlinks for the reader's convenience.

However, Adobe Acrobat Reader does a noticeably worse job than the other software. Specifically: if the URL is followed by punctuation, Acrobat includes the punctuation in the target of the hyperlink, resulting in a broken link. Apple Preview and Google Chrome handle punctuation correctly.

You can see this behavior by opening the attached PDF in Acrobat, Preview, Chrome, and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Following bug has been introduced with a recent Adobe Reader (or Windows?) update. It affects all our customers.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create a 64 Bit C# application (32 Bit Works)
    2. In the application, use ActiveX, or WebBrowser control and open/navigate to "C:\documentname.pdf"

Expected result: PDF shows up

Actual result: Screen stays gray. In the Windows Error Reporting you will see that AcroPDFImpl64.dll has crashed.

It is very important for us, because our customers rely on this functionality and our software product is currently not useable due to this bug.

Please contact me through email info at hickelsoft.de .…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hello. We have a situation where a Windows protocol handler product is used to open documents from an EDRMS. At some point Adobe has apparently changed how it opens links. Now it simply passes a link to the system's default browser on the command line. As as some browsers (notably Chrome and recent builds of Edge which are based on Chromium) don't handle protocol handler URLs from the command line, this style of link now fails to activate.

Links will be of a form similar to example://12345/open but I think this is an issue for all Windows protocol handlers.

ENVIRONMENT:

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be nice to have a 'save all closed tabs'. Then I can re-open these on the next session. Unfortunately, this option is still not available.
    Google has such extension called OneTab. Something similar on Adobe Reader would be great!
    This has been requested by several others (see in comments https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/31145458-save-all-tabs-with-one-click)

Once you re-start, you should just be able to re-open the whole bunch of pdf's that you closed before with one click

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. This appears to be an ongoing issue for the past several years and I am still experiencing what so many others have found. There is a problem printing a LARGE (100+) PDF with mixed legal and letter sized pages using Adobe Reader on a Mac with a Brother laser printer.

I think that Adobe support has not been able to recreate the issue because their test file has only two pages. If they create a 100+ page test file with mixed letter and legal and they should be able to replicate the issue.

Here is what I have:

I have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The request is to allow for selective sync on libraries because the creative cloud is taking up too much space and storage on my computer and a lot of my libraries do not need direct access at this time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. AR is unable to open files where the file and folder path exceeds 255 characters. To accommodate this we have had to replace it with a competitor's software.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?