Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

320 results found

1. HI. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 and Adobe Reader DC.
    I think there is security bug at Adobe Reader DC when handling 3d-pdf files.

The problem is enabling 3d measurement tools at Adobe Reader DC with secured 3d-pdf files made by Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020.
    I contacted to region customer service about this problem and received this function is intended option.

Customer center said that you’d better to contact bug report if you want to know about further information.

I should have not have bought Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 bundle if enabling 3d measurement tools for secured 3d-pdf…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be useful to have arrows like in web browsers to move smoothly in documents with cross-references and bookmarks.
    I am a latex user and often in pdfs produced by latex for scientific documents there are hyperlinks for equations, figures and bibliographical references in text. It would be useful in reading, once you have checked the reference to be able to go back.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow end user to set the cursor and carat to use the Windows System settings.

Also allow end user to set other WS settings enhancing highlighting or visual impairment support aids

using when working from home conferencing and sharing display being able to set colours or size of pointer enhances presentation

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Clients with Windows 10 1809 or more (or Win2019) trying to access a PDF via a DFS that is stored on a Windows server 2019 server are not able to open more than 1 pdf.

Can this please be fixed as Windows Sever 2019 is being used more widely.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. SUGGESTION
    With the current version (2020.006.20034), these can be hidden but for the current session only. Put an option in settings to hide these interface elements globally.

WHY THE FEATURE IS NEEDED
    To maximize vertical screen real-estate; as most of the devices these days are shipping with widescreen displays.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Since using Adobe Reader DC for PC, the last few updates have only increased the number of clicks required to do basic tasks. When saving a document, with either the CTRL + S key press or selecting Save from the file tree, there doesn't seem to be any necessity to have the window attached pop up. It's a similar feature to Office programs now, and really only makes the process take longer. Clicking on Choose a Different Folder just brings up the same save options we had in the past. This just creates more steps and wastes time.

To be…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have an option or a call switch that can be made so that when a file loads it can simply close the file and not save it if the ADOBE is closed?

We print labels and the user does not want to save the labels - merely print them so they would like to be able to see the labels and print then and then close the Adobe and not have to cancel the save.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dark Mode. Just like the mobile / android version has. Change documents with white background into dark / black background, and dark text into bright text.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The "Save" function for saving a pdf is extremely annoying, it behaves like "Save as". And from googling I see this is "as designed"??? Why would you design the "Save" function to behave like "Save as". It's like 4-5 clicks to save one pdf! I see others complaining about this also. Why would such a big company design it this way one wonders..when every other program uses "Save" as they're supposed to.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow users to keep a toolbar displayed. I have to constantly go to View<Tools<Comment<Open to display the Comments toolbar.

I should have the option of keeping that toolbar open and have it persist even to another session using the software, until I instruct otherwise.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow users to tick a box in preference so that it becomes possible to open all pdf documents in read mode by default, and revert back to a more complete mode only when needed.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It's very essential more than helpful to stick the comment toolbar always on the menu so that we do not have to open it each time we open a document.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently, click-hold and dragging with the middle mouse button results (hand symbol with four arrows) in the document scrolling at a (rather extreme) rate of speed that is determined how far away your cursor is from where you first clicked the button. The document will scroll continuously until you either move your cursor back closer to its initial location, or release the mouse button.
    I would much prefer the behavior to be like what you get when you hold space and then click and drag with the left mouse button. I.e., you "drag" the document around with the mouse, and…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. To add a button to open the next pdf in the same folder.

Will help a lot with workflow and saving time

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. With all the programs I have tested I can click my mouse wheel and enable scrolling by moving my mouse. With Adobe Reader when I click the mouse wheel a hand icon appears with four arrows. As long as I hold the mouse wheel down I can scroll the document. What I am asking for is that the program have the feature so that I can release the mouse wheel and be able to scroll. With other programs this works until I depress a button, move the mouse wheel, or click the mouse wheel which resets the mouse scroll.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Open the attached pdf
    Search for HELLOWORLD
    Although there are 7 occurrences of the text of page, but on pressing enter for searching all occurrences it only highlights 4.
    Somehow, it is clubbing some occurrences under one

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sometimes after 2021, the 2nd row of toolbars were removed and seemingly replaced by QuickTools. However QuickTools, albeit it's name, is less proficient than having the second row of tools available, in sight, and ready to be clicked.

Specifically, all I'm asking for is to bring back what was taken away just so that its inclusion can be set by the user. Personally, I'm on the side of a person who uses Adobe Acrobat Pro to edit documents and find that for the number of tools I use often, they're not as quickly accessible when having to click on a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This issue happens with keyboard-only and screen reader users.

When exporting, saving or publishing a document as a PDF, the interactive features within that document (such as hyperlinks) don't work when the PDF is viewed in a browser (any browser). The only way an interactive PDF works as intended is when it is opened with Acrobat Reader.

There must be an issue between the interactivity within a PDF and how browsers render that PDF document for accessibility. Can this be fixed so it doesn't matter whether a user has Acrobat or uses a browser to view a PDF and interact…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to be able to save a PDF in only one click.
    Currently, I have to click 3 times. I click on save.
    1. The 'Save as' windows open (this window is a fraud btw).
    2. Then I have to click on the folder that I want.
    3. Then I have to confirm the file name in the right folder.
    Other softwares (such as Foxit) allow to simply save in one click my PDF in its original folder. As simple as that.
    Thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?