Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

319 results found

1. With the older version of Adobe reader in the commenting feature, I could highlight some text and start typing and it would automatically cross the text out and allow me to type to replace it. Now I have to manually select the function any time I want to replace text.

Same with selecting text and deleting it.

The update is not user friendly, and it's now taking me a lot longer to complete my proofreading jobs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear user,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are fully aware of the problem, and I want to assure you that our team is actively working on it. We will notify you as soon as we have a fix scheduled for inclusion in one of our upcoming releases.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Arvind

2. As a devoted user of Adobe Acrobat, I appreciate the powerful tools it provides for working with PDF documents. However, I believe there is room for enhancement in the area of document markup and annotation. There should be a part of the user interface where you could link and include US Cook Groups The proposed feature is a "Contextual Markup Palette" designed to streamline the annotation process and improve overall user efficiency.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We use adobe reader to access the internal secure documents with username log in and password. Normally these files are electronics schematics made from an OrCAD software. Recently when I found a problem in adobe reader during display of these secure documents. The text and lines all will be displayed in gibberish way and sometime the desktop background also display in adobe reader secure documents. I tried to repair the adobe reader, unfortunately that didn’t work. But this problem only solves after I try to uninstall and re-install again only. But it’s not possible to uninstall and re-install again and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can you please provide an option to hide the dotted page break lines when "enable scrolling" is on? Can you also please include this feature when in Read Mode. Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In the free Adobe Acrobat reader, for Windows 11, have the right margin tool bar default to HIDDEN when opening a PDF. I never use it, it takes up screen space and I want to see my PDF content in full screen when I open. There should be a user preference to have it hidden. FYI, clicking "Remember Current State of Tool Pane" in Preferences does NOT solve it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Have experienced an issue where when you click on the Properties button on the Print window, the Properties window is unclickable. This was raised by one of our users who had experienced this on multiple computers we had provided them over the years.

Initially thought it was a printer driver issue, but I was able to replicate this on multiple different printer brands with different drivers (including the latest). Mainly tested with Konica and HP printers. This could be reproduced on different computers running Windows 10.

To replicate, you have to click on the Properties a number of times and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. an option to export pdf in txt files to be used in AI, for asking and for summarizing.
    When exporting ask the maximum number of tokens(words) per each file, because there is a maximum number of words in each file when uploading to ai, so adobe exports in several files so you can upload in services like keymate.ai, you could check keymate.ai, to understand clearly the requiriments.
    exporting a clean file whenever possible, without page number, headers, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There is a malfunction with the read out loud feature. It stops reading if it reached hyperlinked text or italics. In the attached doc, you can confirm that the read out loud feature will stop both on the second and third paragraphs when it reaches the hyperlinked text, as well as when the word DEI is italicized and bolded. It either stops or skips to the next page. This needs to be fixed and does not meet accessibility standards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I want to simply click then release the mouse wheel and then be able to scroll up and down, say, a 60 page document at the exact speed I wish, stopping and starting as I wish, simply by then moving the mouse on the mat up and down, no further button pressing required, no further clicking required. This is a standard, indispensably brilliant functionality I use on every single web page I visit, Word document or Email I read, it is only Adobe reader which does not have this basic mouse functionality, other PDF readers all have it as well,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. To reproduce the issue:
    * Open any PDF;
    * Choose "Print" and select as printer "Microsoft Print to PDF";
    * Press the "Print" button;
    * Now Windows asks where to save the PDF file (Save Printoutput as);
    * Now press Cancel to cancel this window (for instance because this Microsoft Print to PDF was still active from a previous print, and now you wanted to print to a real device instead);
    * You get a message that the document couldn't get printed. Press "Close";
    * Now you get a message that an error occured during printing of the document. Press…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Helping to organize favorites, some type of grouping, would be very useful.

Folders would be a neutral way, stacks are fine as well. Any creative solution which helps to group different PDFs to keep them organized on quickly accessible would help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow a preference for "left-handed mode". When using a tablet, it would be much more convenient to have the scroll bar and side panel on the left-hand side as I am left-handed and using a stylus to annotate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The Adobe Acrobat reader User Interface (UI) does not append to the basic principle that allows each new document a new window. This is unusual as all different types of User Interfaces as a standard allow a new window for a new document. Having so many tabs confined within one window or instance of adobe is extremely limiting, particularly when a document is not always afforded the screen 'real estate' when multitasking with multiple programs. Secondly, when you need to access or read multiple documents, you need to easily be able to resize and manoeuvre multiple windows easily and having…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The "new" Acrobat Reader freezes a vertical tool bar in the upper left region. This is an annoying pain in the neck What a bad idea. I had to go back to the "old". Please allow the user to put this tool bar wherever they want.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Where is the tool to enlarge/magnify a page? Has it been deleted or is it just well hidden? And what happened to all the toolbars we used to have?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dear Adobe,

I have been a user of Adobe Acrobat for many years. I have used the application to read, create, and edit PDF documents on my personal computer and mobile device.

Overall, I am satisfied with the application, but I have an important complaint that I would like to bring to your attention.

There is no option to set the reading mode as default in Adobe Acrobat. This means that every time I open a new PDF document, I have to manually disable the tools and options that I do not need.

This situation is very frustrating, as it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Effectively, there are now 4 tool bars in Adobe Reader - one on each side of the document screen and two on top. While the loss of document space is not significant in general consider how even those minor losses affect users on laptops (varying screen sizes) and tablets. We have no option to dock and undock the floating tool bar with the rest of the tool icons on the second ribbon on the top. We also can't hide nor close the options list on the right-hand side of the screen although all these options are also available under editing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sometimes after 2021, the 2nd row of toolbars were removed and seemingly replaced by QuickTools. However QuickTools, albeit it's name, is less proficient than having the second row of tools available, in sight, and ready to be clicked.

Specifically, all I'm asking for is to bring back what was taken away just so that its inclusion can be set by the user. Personally, I'm on the side of a person who uses Adobe Acrobat Pro to edit documents and find that for the number of tools I use often, they're not as quickly accessible when having to click on a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. You've provided toolbars at the top since the pdf reader existed. Now they are on the side and we cannot move them in this, the era of customization. Who thought this was a good idea?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. After the latest updates, Adobe Reader won't allow me to quickly scroll through pages using the arrows after zooming in/out with the shortcut ("ctrl" + "+" or "ctrl" + "-"). I must wait until the "zoom panel" is hidden before scrolling with the arrows once again. That makes me wait to long to scroll the page without using the mouse. So I please ask you to revert that. Please, make the focus stay on the page, not on the "zoom panel", after zooming in/out using shortcuts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?