Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

117 results found

1. Please make an Always Show Comments Bar option. I work with the stamp, shape and text box tools on many PDFs daily. I have to open the comments toolbar for each one of them. While it's a small thing to do on one PDF, it gets old fast when it must be done for each of many PDFs every day.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'm in my web browser, and like 99.99% of other applications, you know what's on the right side of the window? A SCROLL BAR.

Whoever at Adobe decided that you guys are so special that you could break this rule by adding a menu...needs to be shot.

At the very least give us an option to move it to a NORMAL menu position for cripes sake.

But this is horrible. Are you guys sharing UI dev people with Facebook or something?

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ditch McAfee. Windows defender, Malware Bytes, and Symantec are what I use, and I hate having to uninstall McAfee after accidentally installing it.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When highlighting scanned documents, would be very helpful to have a key stroke option to force the tool to highlight a straight line. Acrobat will currently do this automatically for short/very straight segments. Please consider adding option to hold down a key (e.g., shift, ctrl, etc.) while using the tool to force a straight line rather than truly free form - which can be very messy and unprofessional in appearance depending on the context.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. i am looking to keep the commenting tool permanently open on the tool bar at top of screen.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This new version is not designed for the user. I'd like to return to any of the previous versions.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like to turn a certain PDF into a .jpg and I do not anticipate a need to do this again in the near future. Seems a little out of touch to expect anyone to pay $15.00 for a month and “potentially” hundreds of dollars to use a service only once or twice in a year.
    On your most economical plan, Adobe receives about half of a dollar per day and allows an unlimited number of document conversions , as well as other services.

Adobe should offer an alternative payment schedule of $1.00 per document,
    up to, $3.00 for…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be great if comments could display Latex, i.e. rendering and displaying the math properly. Currently commenting with mathematical equations is a pain and just forces us to read the Latex source rather than seeing the rendered math.

This might be easily added using a service like mathjax.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The new update created inefficiencies for those of us up primarily use Adobe Reader for notating edits. The old tools allowed for highlight-and-type or click-and-type text replacement or insertion and the new version makes you select the tool and then the text/placement EACH time.
    The "replace text" tool isn't even in the quick tools when text is initially highlighted. Personally, I'm very unhappy with the commenting updates and think the old functionality was MUCH better.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Go back to the previous layout/version of Reader, this new version is terrible! Just making something new/different doesn't make it better and most software companies seem to be struggling to actually improve their product, so they slap some new stickers on it, move things around and try to convince us that we now have a better product to use - yeah right!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. With the older version of Adobe reader in the commenting feature, I could highlight some text and start typing and it would automatically cross the text out and allow me to type to replace it. Now I have to manually select the function any time I want to replace text.

Same with selecting text and deleting it.

The update is not user friendly, and it's now taking me a lot longer to complete my proofreading jobs. The old commenting functions worked perfectly well. Put them back please!!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We can provident a voice search in pdf file, we can load any pdf file & we can search on voice in that file, it will be one of the most useful function.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When commenting on files, I frequently switch between "add comment" "replace selected text" "cross out" and other tools. Now that tools are arbitrarily grouped together, it takes wastes time getting to the tool I need, especially if I have a document where I'm making thousands of comments.

Please make the toolbar customizable as the new changes render the program much less functional. I'll be finding a new commenting program if this isn't fixed.

Also, the toolbar should be at the top to make it much easier to reach. Please hire a UX person before making changes in the future.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The commenting feature on the new version is not as nice as the older version. It is limited to one type of text and confusing with sizing options. The old features w/ commenting and editing the document should be brought into the newer update to allow flexibility when editing the document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The comment-filtering tool isn’t working as it used to. Before this issue, the comments I marked/checked as ‘completed’ would hide automatically when I set the comments-filter to ‘none’. I could then easily see how many comments there left unsolved. Now I have to constantly “manually refresh” the filter to get the checked comment to hide as I am working though the document.

By “manually refreshing” I mean go into the filter menu, change filter to ‘none’ and ‘completed’, click use, then go back to the filter menu and choose only ‘none’ and click use. This is a really wierd change…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I need to see 2 full pages (A4) up on full screen and still be able to do commenting. Standard 16:9 screen has enough space for that. Just allow to move all menus and panes to either left or right side of the screen.

Robert

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When the default Highlight text tool (marker icon) is applied on document with inconsistent text (either poorly generated text scattered across page, math formulae etc.) the highlighted area does not look good or even does not make sense. Of course, I can manually click&switch to Drawing tool (pencil icon) and mark that area by hand but it can be set to other color, thickness, and opacity. I wish I could switch between these tools using ALT, CTRL of SHIFT keys for rapid commenting (while keeping the same color, thickness and opacity - ust like if the Highlight text tool is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I color code my highlights and would really appreciate having an option to choose any color from a color wheel or hex code rather than having to choose from the 12 predetermined colors in the app. The iPad app is even more limited with only 7 colors to choose from.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option to disable "Share" and "Sign in" buttons.

"Share" is an obvious distraction when trying to read PDFs, since it's a bright blue call-to-action.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?