Quickbooks firewall error
Quickbooks firewall error occurs when Quickbooks can not access the company file or can not create a connection with it. In case of a firewall blocking the company file communication, you will have this error in your system. When this error occurs then an error message comes up which states that “ Cannot communicate with the company file”.
Verify Hosting on the Workstation : It is very important to verify the hosting on the workstation because sometimes, faultily, the user uses the Multi-user mode to access the company file on more than one computer that makes the error appears. It is necessarily important for the user to make sure that only one computer should host the company file. Follow the below steps to turn off the Multi-user access on the Workstation.
- First, the user has to open the Quickbooks desktop on the workstation.
- Make sure to only open QB desktop and not the Company file, the user has to go to the File menu and then go to the Utilities option.
- Now click on the Workstation option rather than the Multi-User Access option.
- Now navigate to the option Stop hosting Multi-user access in the list, and click on it.
- Now, the user has to check all the workstations, and then go to the server computer and reset the hosting setting there.
- After the above step, the user has to start the Quickbooks on the server computer.
- Now, go to the File menu and click on the Utilities option.
- And then, the user has to make sure to choose Host Multi-user access and click on it.
- After that, repeat the same process and choose the stop hosting Multi-user access option
- The user has to repeat the same procedure 2-3 times in a row, this will reset the multi-user mode.