Quickbooks error 1904
If you are looking forward to resolving QuickBooks error 1904, then you have come to the right blog. This blog is to guide the users towards the common causes, usual symptoms, and easy solutions for the QuickBooks error 1904. Help from the team of QuickBooks online customer service can also be availed to resolve the QuickBooks error 1904. You can contact the QuickBooks service team.
How to Fix Error: 1904
Step 1: Hide the built-in Administrator Account
- Click on the “Windows” button on the keyboard.
- Type in the “CMD” in the search box. Press right-click on the “CMD/ Command Prompt/ cmd.exe” & choose the “Run ad Administrator” tab.
- In the command prompt screen, type in the “net user administrator /active:no” and hit the “Enter” key.
Step 2: Change installation directory security settings
- Browse to the “C:\Program Files\Common Files”.
- Perform right-click on the “Common Files” folder & choose the “Properties” tab.
- Select the “Edit” icon under the “Security” tab, & then choose the “Users” under the “Group or user names” icon.
- Under the “Permissions for users” tab, choose the allow for the following permissions:
Read and Execute
List Folder Contents
- Choose the “Apply” and then “OK” button.
Solving Method - Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
- First, download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit’s official website
- Next, save the software on your system screen once the download is successfully done
- Now, perform a double-click on the downloaded file and then follow on-screen instructions for successful installation of QuickBooks Tool Hub
- After that, move to the Home screen where you saved your software’s icon
- And then perform a double-click on the same in order to launch the program
- Once the application run then look for the Installation issues option within the Tools hub and select it
- Pick the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool in the next window and this will initiate the tool
- The further process will continue for about 20 minutes
- Finally, you need to simply restart your device and open your QuickBooks Desktop after the process is successfully completed.