Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

320 results found

1. Currently, click-hold and dragging with the middle mouse button results (hand symbol with four arrows) in the document scrolling at a (rather extreme) rate of speed that is determined how far away your cursor is from where you first clicked the button. The document will scroll continuously until you either move your cursor back closer to its initial location, or release the mouse button.
    I would much prefer the behavior to be like what you get when you hold space and then click and drag with the left mouse button. I.e., you "drag" the document around with the mouse, and…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When user tried to share pdf file from Adobe Reader(right hand upper corner) with share button via Outlook, it opens a new email. Until that email is sent, user is not able to access other Outlook windows open.

Adobe engineering Team has requested to raise a request for this so they can work with Microsoft to enhance this behavior.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The idea is to be able to change the position of the navigation pane from
    the left side to the the right side of the screen.

This would be useful when making presentations and using the thumbnail view to advance pages forward instead of scrolling which can sometimes be difficult to control.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When you right-clicked, there is no UNDERLINE option but there is a strikethrough option. Adding an Underline option would be more productive for many users as well as appreciated.
    Thanks

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. (i guess someone asked long time ago. but seems buried alive)
    add "copy link location" to adobe reader DC, when right click over a link in a pdf.
    why? this is a standard feature in most 2020 windows applicatoin. if adobe does not do it, i go somewhere else. adobe reader dc is not the only pdf reader in the world.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It is already extremely annoying to hide elements in Acrobat.

For reasons only known to your idiot design team, you persist in the view that the UI MUST BE RESET ON EVERY DOCUMENT LOAD.

I read > 30 PDFs in a DAY. FOR EVERY ONE, I have to hide elements of the UI (typically the left side). EVERY F*** PDF.

Today I find that hitting Ctrl-Home re-displays the full left bar.
    WHY.
    WHO THINKS THIS IS A GREAT IDEA - Lets re-purpose a standard document navigation key into a UI state change.
    PG UP to the top page does the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be useful to have arrows like in web browsers to move smoothly in documents with cross-references and bookmarks.
    I am a latex user and often in pdfs produced by latex for scientific documents there are hyperlinks for equations, figures and bibliographical references in text. It would be useful in reading, once you have checked the reference to be able to go back.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I know that a lot of programs are switching towards a tab-based structure when opening several files at a time. But it sometimes is very handy to be able to open several PDFs in several windows. I know that this is possible by rightclicking the file etc., but I miss a setting that opens PDFs be default in a new window - and not in a new tab.

Can there be some kind of "setting" that says:
    O - open PDFs in new tabs
    X - open PDFs in new windows

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Almost all other file cloud sharing and editing programs including OneDrive are able to create a cloud files access folder on the directory of the computer itself. They have had it for a while now and it is time that Adobe include have the same feature for Document Cloud. This can can clearly be achieved and should be included in an update considering the price paid to use this service. Thank you.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have to work with PDFs a lot and I have to deal with them via browser. For the past years I haven't had any problems with using the browser PDF-viewer, but as of recently the option to do a quick google search in a new tab when highlighting text within a document and right-clicking on it is no longer available. There is 'copy', 'print', 'rotate', 'save as' but not the 'search the web for [highlighted text]' which was so very helpful and useful for me. Please, consider making it available again since I can hardly imagine how anyone would…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. should have more pages view example 4 or 6 pages per view as some users use big screen and they can easily fit them using this feature instead of trying to use the zoom function.
    and perhaps to make the toolbar icons fit exactly and not have so much borders size

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I click to link to a video clip, Acrobat Pro DC asks my permission since it might harm my PC, and it gives me a box to check to say 'No, don't ask me again'. Also, I can go to Edit > Preferences and say 'Always' grant permission for whichever available players are listed. That solves a serious problem for me since my PDFs have over 100 little video clips in them, and readers will hate having to give permission again and again and again. Unfortunately these capabilities exist only in Acrobat, not in Reader. When I click to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In some documents, there is by coincidence background colors that are very close to the color that Acrobat uses to enhance the visibility of searched-for text.

In Acrobat preferences there is no way of changing this background color. For me, searched-for-and-found would be shaded a bright yellow. The default value is nice on a white background, but no use on documents that happen to have a similar (slate blue) color background.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adoraria que o Adobe Reader tivesse a opção de utilizar duas cores de realce de texto sem ter que ir em propriedades. Usualmente uso de duas a três cores para realçar meus textos e, se tivesse um ícone com seria bem mais fácil e usual.
    Obrigada!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Edit Quick Tools bar use to be available in Acrobat Reader (Windows 10) but not any more.

Please put it back.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Restore the simple, clean layout of Reader 11, at least as an option, for those of us simple needs. I want a simple document reader, not an editor. Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When Adobe Reader auto-updates, customized icons are reset to default. In my specific case, the "Previous view", "Next view", and "Fit to width" buttons disappear with irritating frequency.

I see no reason why this behaviour would be intentional, so it must be a bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Should have Keyboard Shortcuts for Page Display to cycle thru single-page, dual-page, etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. With the new widescreen and big monitors sometimes a maximum of 2 pages side by side doesn´t take advantage of the screen size. Adding the option to view 3 pages or even 4 pages horizontally would greatly improve workflow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When I open multiple documents in Arobat Reader DC, each document appears in its own tab. But if I open as much documents, as they don't fit in the bar, there appear two arrow buttons (left and right) for to move the bar and show wether the first, or the last document.

But clicking on the arrows to be able to click on a tab of the document you want to show can be boring and become uncomfortable. It would be nice to on mouse over the tab bar, activate a scroll function, so you would be able to use…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?