Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

320 results found

1. It is absolutely unacceptable that the Acrobat Reader changes the system cursor, and doesn't allow for some method of disabling this!
    It shows that Adobe have ZERO respect for their customers.

I have a vision impairment. I have changed my Windows cursor to a very visible, fat, red cursor, because otherwise I lose track of where it is. But Adobe's opinion on that is "********!!!!" apparently.

Why?

Why do you hate your customers, Adobe?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Since I do not use these buttons, and can use keyboard shortcut I want to remove them as when have muti-windows open and Reader is small portion of screen, the only visible tools are not useful. Other windows may not be Reader. The only useful tools are the find and page. This worked well in older versions of reader and acrobat in general.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The "Print Sections" command under the bookmarks panel won't work for the first section only. This command works for all other sections of the report. The problem is only with the first bookmarked section of each report.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I signed in using the wrong email account. When I tried to sign out so that I could sign in with the correct account, the service would not allow me to sign out until I had agreed to sign up for a seven day trial on the initial account. It seems like a very bad design to not let users sign out until they agree to a trial

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When the DDE command "DocGoToNameDest" is called in Reader DC 2021 x64 (Win10 Pro 21H1 x64) by a x86 program, the Reader crashes. The same call in the x86 and earlier Reader versions works without any problems.
    The DDE command "DocOpen" works in the x64 version without any problems, that is, the handle to conversation is correct.
    In addition, the x64 Reader is only entered in the registry under "Computer \ HKEYCURRENTUSER \ SOFTWARE \ Adobe \ Adobe Acrobat" and not in "... \ Acrobat Reader" and requires "acroviewA21" instead of "acroviewR21" as the service name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are delighted to share with you that Acrobat and Reader Desktop release for DC Continuous (21.007.20091) is Live now and this Takes care of this bug.

Please update your Acrobat (It should Auto update or you should do Help → Check for updates) and let us know your Feedback.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

6. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi,

We have installed the latest Adobe Reader(2021.005.20048) and the MIP plugin(AIPPlugin2100520048RdrDC.msi). Now we can view the banner, but a label name is not correctly displayed in the banner. There is a problem with turkish character in the label name as seen in the attached screenshot.

A label below should be “İç Kullanıma Özel\Kişisel Veri”. This seems a bug of MIP plug-in when it retrieves and displays label names in Turkish.

Can you recommend us any solution to fix this problem?

Thanks for your help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Many PDF documents contain internal links. When clicking on these, the user is taken to another part of the document. It would be incredibly useful to me and my colleagues if there was a 'preview link' option. Perhaps this could work by hovering the mouse over the link, and the preview to the link pops up in a small temporary window, allowing you to quickly view the link, without redirecting to a different page.

The motivation for this is as follows: In mathematical sciences, these internal links often refer to equations earlier in the document, which are being combined to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The PDF/UA ("tagged PDF") standard was established in 2012 to add accessibility features to the PDF format using a system of tags.

The tags add semantic information to a document, "marking up" such elements as headings, lists, figures, tables and other common document idioms.

PDF/UA also offers a 'read order' feature, which allows content to be presented in a non-visual way which corresponds to the intended sequence.

These features may be created and edited using Acrobat Pro, which is good. although Acrobat Pro is currently unable to generate or accurately assess a fully compliant PDF/UA file without additional 3rd party…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. environment: Windows 10
    Need a feature which can translate PDF text from Russian to Dutch, Russian to English please.
    As the PDFs aren't like Obama's bc; I can't just open layers in Illustrator to copy & paste, then use a google translator. Plus, with crochet patterns, meaning is everything.
    For now I am paying a lady in Petrograd to do the English trans for me. Thanks, research0digo a/t gee male!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. HI. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 and Adobe Reader DC.
    I think there is security bug at Adobe Reader DC when handling 3d-pdf files.

The problem is enabling 3d measurement tools at Adobe Reader DC with secured 3d-pdf files made by Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020.
    I contacted to region customer service about this problem and received this function is intended option.

Customer center said that you’d better to contact bug report if you want to know about further information.

I should have not have bought Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 bundle if enabling 3d measurement tools for secured 3d-pdf…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If you put the cursor mark in the text of a pdf, then click out of the window while the cursor mark is black, it will remain black on the page frozen until you click that spot again. This can be repeated infinitely, making a bunch of black marks on the page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Is there a way to save multiple open documents to as a book mark? I often open multiple documents which are located in various places. It would be great to be able to save a session/project so that I can return to all those documents when I continue working on that project!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Why comes the "Save as..." dialog when going to File - Save?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Microsoft Information Protection (MIP) is a Microsoft rights management solution. Users of Azure Information Protection and other Microsoft Information Protection solutions can use Acrobat or Acrobat Reader to read labeled and protected content. Plug-in

want to view under each PDF's taps to view all MIP classification for easy usage.
    similarly as Microsoft Office word Document
    the MIP classification shows under the Ribbon.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Open the attached document, which is a dishwasher manual, in Acrobat reader, and search for the word "floor". It will not be found. However, it's present in the document on page 6 in the bottom of the left column.

2. In Reader, go to the page 6 and copy to clipboard the line beginning with "When the GREEN LIGHT"'; then open Notepad and paste. You will see the space in the middle of the word "floor".

So it looks like the text has a space in the middle, although the word appears in Reader without the space. This makes more difficult…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When having multiple tabs open from diferent PDF documents, would be nice to have to option to save current session to close the program and be able to reopen as left in the previous state. Sometimes Windows is requiring a restart for updates and you don´t want to loose all the documents open for the next day.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Previously when i had fullscreen view on (ctrl+L) and would then open a new document from second monitor while the other was still on fullscreen view, it would open the new document in fullscreen as well. Ever since the latest update when opening a new document the program exits fullscreen view no matter what kind of settings i have on.

Steps to reproduce

1. open pdf file
    2. go to fullscreen view with CTRL+L
    3. open a new pdf

Expectation: new document to be opened in fullscreen
    Observed resul: program exits full screen when openin a new document

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing here.
    However, this Change has been done explicitly with this release update.

This is done because previously there was a bug(ADC-4100538) that on opening the 2nd PDF when a pdf is already launched in Full screen View, The Top Toolbar, The Left hand navigation pane and the Right hand taskpane used to appear clipped which is undesired behavior.

As a part of Fixing this bug, we now switch out the view from Full screen view if User switches to any existing PDF Tab or Launches another PDF.

Please let me know if you have any further concerns in this ?

Thanks
    Ayush Jain
    Acrobat Team

1 2 6 8 10 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?