Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

325 results found

1. This issue happens with keyboard-only and screen reader users.

When exporting, saving or publishing a document as a PDF, the interactive features within that document (such as hyperlinks) don't work when the PDF is viewed in a browser (any browser). The only way an interactive PDF works as intended is when it is opened with Acrobat Reader.

There must be an issue between the interactivity within a PDF and how browsers render that PDF document for accessibility. Can this be fixed so it doesn't matter whether a user has Acrobat or uses a browser to view a PDF and interact…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It is absolutely unacceptable that the Acrobat Reader changes the system cursor, and doesn't allow for some method of disabling this!
    It shows that Adobe have ZERO respect for their customers.

I have a vision impairment. I have changed my Windows cursor to a very visible, fat, red cursor, because otherwise I lose track of where it is. But Adobe's opinion on that is "********!!!!" apparently.

Why?

Why do you hate your customers, Adobe?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to be able to save a PDF in only one click.
    Currently, I have to click 3 times. I click on save.
    1. The 'Save as' windows open (this window is a fraud btw).
    2. Then I have to click on the folder that I want.
    3. Then I have to confirm the file name in the right folder.
    Other softwares (such as Foxit) allow to simply save in one click my PDF in its original folder. As simple as that.
    Thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Keep the Comment tool bar permanently open on starting up adobe.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Brief title:
      Jump to specific page in pdf document via URL (browser extensions)

2. Description of desired feature:
      When doing research for university, I often open many tabs at once. Sometimes books in pdf document form from my local file system. When closing google chrome and reopening on the other day, the document opens up at the first page. It would be nice if a) the document keeps its position when closing the browser and reopening, or b) via an #[pagenumber] at the end of the URI in the browser I can navigate to specific pages, especially on browser reopening -…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. please add and allow the cursor to change. I am visually impaired and have enlarged Window mouse pointer. When mouse pointer gets into the Reader, it "disappeared" and was so small and hard to follow!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Should have Keyboard Shortcuts for Page Display to cycle thru single-page, dual-page, etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I read a lot of research articles. And, I am pretty sure we all know how academic jargon can be exacerbated sometimes. Having an offline/online dictionary would be a great deal. Imagine if I can just double click/tap on a word and then the definition pops up! It can be a pain to switch from the Reader to a Browser at times for a definition.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please for goodness' sake give users the option to completely remove the left and right sidebars instead of merely collapsing them. For users using Reader, the vast majority of the time all they will want to do is only read a PDF, and many will want as much screen space as possible to do so.

For the average Reader user, in the left toolbar the only thing they may want is thumbnail or chapter view. This could be on the top toolbar, with the other options available on a drop down menu from that button if you really must keep…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. After opening Acrobat Reader DC (in a windowed mode, not in tabbed), it, for some mysterious reason, switches off the Windows 10 Explorer setting for windows to cast shadows. It results in focused folder windows becoming visually borderless, making it very difficult to work with them.
    The problem was described here for Acrobat DC:
    https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/38822896-bug-shadows-disappear-on-windows-10-explorer-wind
    but it fully (and even more irritably) applies to Acrobat Reader DC, too.

It seems that for some reason, Acrobat Reader changes (switches off) each time the inherent Windows setting which can be found in System > Visual Effects tab > Show shadows under windows…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In the 'New Acrobat' UI, I got a new floating bar on the left top. However, sometimes it hovers over the content and is annoying. I want to have a option/button to collapse it to a small size, and on mouse hover/click it will be expanded again.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have been disappointed with the update to the layout. The pages are the right hand side. As a left handed person, I often use a touch screen or key strokes for many things. It wasn't great at the top, but I'm left handed, I'm used to adapting. The right hand navigation is disappointing. :( Please test more with lefties before you change things! Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The "new" Acrobat Reader freezes a vertical tool bar in the upper left region. This is an annoying pain in the neck What a bad idea. I had to go back to the "old". Please allow the user to put this tool bar wherever they want.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Why comes the "Save as..." dialog when going to File - Save?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello,

I have usually opened few pdf files on my 3rd monitor (datasheets, manuals,etc - documentation for somethig that I work on right now), I also send inquires and initialize orders for things I need to... When I open pdf with invoices/inquires those files tends to move the Adobe Reader window to my center (primary) monitor and resize it (and change zoom) - it drives me mad.
    I did a bit research and this must happens because those files have defined so called "InitialView", so here is my petition:

Add option that prevent window Adobe Reader DC from moving and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have accessibility settings for mouse cursor in windows, big red cursor because I don't see little white/black cursor. In adobe reader it disappear hovering to document, it turn into tiny black cross-hair. Please keep it as i set it in windows.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Edit Quick Tools bar use to be available in Acrobat Reader (Windows 10) but not any more.

Please put it back.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Restore the simple, clean layout of Reader 11, at least as an option, for those of us simple needs. I want a simple document reader, not an editor. Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi. I would like to see in future versions two new improvments:
    1) set the "read mode" as de default viewing when opening every PDF file, instead of having to press "Ctrl+H" each time (just add an option in Preferences);
    2) create a new form of navigation throughout the file, a full screen thumbnail view, with page thumbnails side by side similar to what Adobe made with "Adobe Reader Touch" (too bad you discontinued that app) with a button shortcut to access it;

Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please, keep the Toolbar menus as they have been; there is no benefit to the professional end-user community for the change, we don't have the time to learn yet another new way to do something that works fine in the original format. We know you are bored. Please find something else to do. We appreciate that you kept a lifeline out of the mess that was done, truly. On the next security patch update; kill that bloody "new menu" option. It'll wind up becoming unsupported, and another security surface opportunity for villains.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?