Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1452 results found

1. When I use Adobe the CTRL F search function of Adobe Acrobat DC, I often find it hard to see where on the page the item I'm searching for is being highlighted. The highlighter colour that Adobe uses is a light grey/blue and it simply doesn't stand out enough. Very often, I'm searching for a single character and the documents I'm proofreading such as reports and brochures often have a coloured background, making it even harder to spot that pesky highlighter! It seems so simple to me that there should be a way for users to opt for a bright…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Adobe Reader has a bug when it comes to pdf files that get updated. I create pdf slides using latex+beamer. After recompiling to make a new pdf, sometimes adobe reader does not like displaying the updates. I close the tab for that file and reopen the file only to see that the old version without the updates. Sometimes the file also then displays some pages as entirely blank from the point where the changes were made onward (or so I am guessing). Quitting Adobe Reader DC, reopening Adobe Reader DC and then reopening the file works to then show the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi,

We have installed the latest Adobe Reader(2021.005.20048) and the MIP plugin(AIPPlugin2100520048RdrDC.msi). Now we can view the banner, but a label name is not correctly displayed in the banner. There is a problem with turkish character in the label name as seen in the attached screenshot.

A label below should be “İç Kullanıma Özel\Kişisel Veri”. This seems a bug of MIP plug-in when it retrieves and displays label names in Turkish.

Can you recommend us any solution to fix this problem?

Thanks for your help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Dear leader, hello, I reported 17 stack exhaustion vulnerabilities to Adobe's security department through hackerone. This type of vulnerabilities have always been given cve numbers and thank you(e.g. CVE-2020-3753/CVE-2020-3756/CVE-2020-9611/CVE-2020-9702/CVE-2020-9703/CVE-2017-16419), but your security department notified me that these 17 bugs that I reported will not be given cve numbers and acknowledgements, I think it is unfair to me. And these 16 vulnerabilities did have an impact on your products, I also made contributions, I deserve the cve number and acknowledgements. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The comment-filtering tool isn’t working as it used to. Before this issue, the comments I marked/checked as ‘completed’ would hide automatically when I set the comments-filter to ‘none’. I could then easily see how many comments there left unsolved. Now I have to constantly “manually refresh” the filter to get the checked comment to hide as I am working though the document.

By “manually refreshing” I mean go into the filter menu, change filter to ‘none’ and ‘completed’, click use, then go back to the filter menu and choose only ‘none’ and click use. This is a really wierd change…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Many PDF documents contain internal links. When clicking on these, the user is taken to another part of the document. It would be incredibly useful to me and my colleagues if there was a 'preview link' option. Perhaps this could work by hovering the mouse over the link, and the preview to the link pops up in a small temporary window, allowing you to quickly view the link, without redirecting to a different page.

The motivation for this is as follows: In mathematical sciences, these internal links often refer to equations earlier in the document, which are being combined to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bug: Acroread Plugin causes Firefox to hang and later the whole system crashes

..when loading this document:
    https://www.unesco.de/fileadmin/medien/Dokumente/Wissenschaft/WWDR_2018_infographic.pdf

In Adobe Acrobat Reader DC the file is displayed correctly. Using the browser plugin the page starts in white, sometimes there's a flickering in white and black extending to the whole screen. Later the system stalls and other applications report memory problems. I was unable to make a screenshot as the system was not navigateable anymore

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The PDF/UA ("tagged PDF") standard was established in 2012 to add accessibility features to the PDF format using a system of tags.

The tags add semantic information to a document, "marking up" such elements as headings, lists, figures, tables and other common document idioms.

PDF/UA also offers a 'read order' feature, which allows content to be presented in a non-visual way which corresponds to the intended sequence.

These features may be created and edited using Acrobat Pro, which is good. although Acrobat Pro is currently unable to generate or accurately assess a fully compliant PDF/UA file without additional 3rd party…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please add "Fill & Sign" in "Collaborate on PDF" in Microsoft Teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. environment: Windows 10
    Need a feature which can translate PDF text from Russian to Dutch, Russian to English please.
    As the PDFs aren't like Obama's bc; I can't just open layers in Illustrator to copy & paste, then use a google translator. Plus, with crochet patterns, meaning is everything.
    For now I am paying a lady in Petrograd to do the English trans for me. Thanks, research0digo a/t gee male!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. HI. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 and Adobe Reader DC.
    I think there is security bug at Adobe Reader DC when handling 3d-pdf files.

The problem is enabling 3d measurement tools at Adobe Reader DC with secured 3d-pdf files made by Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020.
    I contacted to region customer service about this problem and received this function is intended option.

Customer center said that you’d better to contact bug report if you want to know about further information.

I should have not have bought Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 bundle if enabling 3d measurement tools for secured 3d-pdf…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Today I learned that when a PDF's text includes URLs that are -not- marked up as hyperlinks, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Preview, and Google Chrome's built-in PDF renderer all attempt to convert the URLs to clickable hyperlinks for the reader's convenience.

However, Adobe Acrobat Reader does a noticeably worse job than the other software. Specifically: if the URL is followed by punctuation, Acrobat includes the punctuation in the target of the hyperlink, resulting in a broken link. Apple Preview and Google Chrome handle punctuation correctly.

You can see this behavior by opening the attached PDF in Acrobat, Preview, Chrome, and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I use Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 to view pdfs because it loads pdfs very quickly, and is smooth and responsive; it takes less than 5s to open 300MB+ pdfs.

Installed Adobe Reader recently because I needed the Fill & Sign function. I use Reader to Fill & Sign pdfs while viewing other pdfs with Edge.

After the installation, Edge takes more than 15s to open a pdf, even with small pdfs under 1MB. It has also become laggy. Chrome isn't affected though.

Completely closing Adobe Reader and reopening a pdf with Edge again solves this issue. It's a workaround…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I've already went online to unchecked the 'Auto-suggestions' option and cleared suggestions history.

Went back to using the Windows offline version. I am not signed in. suggestions still pop-up. Please look into this.

Also, for the love of all's good, please make this setting more accessible. Either make this setting available directly within the app itself or accessible directly online.

I cannot fathom why would they make the user jump through hoops for simple, commonly used functions. It's almost as if the offline and online functions were designed and developed completely separately and then later clunked together.

Recently kind of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If you put the cursor mark in the text of a pdf, then click out of the window while the cursor mark is black, it will remain black on the page frozen until you click that spot again. This can be repeated infinitely, making a bunch of black marks on the page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Acrobat Reader DC should have a setting similar to Chrome based browsers to "Remember where I left off". Example - I have have 5 tabs for 5 different PDFs I'm reviewing, it would be extremely helpful to be able to shut down the app and have it reopen all 5 tabs again when reopening the app

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The percentage of completed installation is not updating in the tooltip.
    I have attached an image of it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Since a recent Adobe Acrobat DC update, button styles set in InDesign are no longer working. They still work when the pdf is opened in a browser.

Steps to reproduce the issue: Create a radio button or checkbox in InDesign. Customise the style appearance for the on/off settings (colour, shape, text, removing default checks and dots, etc.). Export to Interactive pdf. Open in Acrobat. Button off styles have now reverted to default style settings. When you click on a button, it briefly shows the correct on style, but once you click off it reverts to the default style again.

Environment:…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. For a new bug:
    Brief title- BUG - PASSWORD PROTECTED FILE CAN BE UNPROTECTED EASILY

Steps to reproduce the issue 1)Open protected file with password, Print the file through PRINT to PDF option & save and THIS file is unprotecte!!

Environment - WINDOWS 10 --
    Expected result ---File should ask for password
    Observed result--File DOES NOT ask for password...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please expand your comparison chart for acrobat and acrobat pro to include functions of adobe reader for quick reference

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?