Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1459 results found

1. In Windows 10, the file type association for .pdf stops working after upgrading from Adobe Reader 2017 (Classic Track) to Reader 2020 (Classic Track). Issue occurs if file association was originally configured by DISM or user for previous Adobe Reader version. The same .pdf file association is expected to work with new Adobe Reader versions.

Double-clicking a PDF file displays Windows prompt "How do you want to open this file?". The HKCR registry key still contains an entry for the ProgID, AcroExch.Document.2017. Should the Reader 2020 installer remove the HKCR\AcroExch.Document.2017 registry key? Deleting the key appears to resolve the issue.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In Windows 10, after installing Acrobat Reader 2020 the start menu shortcut for the previous installation of Reader (2017) has not been removed. The Reader 2020 installer is expected to remove the Reader 2017 start menu shortcut. This does occur as expected if the base version of Reader 2017 (17.008.30051) is installed prior to installing Reader 2020.

Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1. Install Windows 10 Enterprise.
    2. Install Adobe Reader 2017 (Classic Track) using bootstrapper installation (setup.exe). Setup.ini includes PATCH command under [Product] section; PATCH=AcroRdr2017Upd1701130196_MUI.msp.
    3. Install Adobe Reader 2020 (Classic Track) using bootstrapper installation (setup.exe).

Bootstrapper Deployment
    https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/DesktopDeployment/bootstrapper.html

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please remove the 'Content Preparation Progress' dialog. It is very annoying and provides no value what so ever.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When the above option is selected the hightlighting of the current bookmark should follow the reading, i.e. the hightlighted bookmark should be synchronous to the currently read text. This was the case in former Readers but does not work any more.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hello. We have a situation where a Windows protocol handler product is used to open documents from an EDRMS. At some point Adobe has apparently changed how it opens links. Now it simply passes a link to the system's default browser on the command line. As as some browsers (notably Chrome and recent builds of Edge which are based on Chromium) don't handle protocol handler URLs from the command line, this style of link now fails to activate.

Links will be of a form similar to example://12345/open but I think this is an issue for all Windows protocol handlers.

ENVIRONMENT:

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be nice to have a 'save all closed tabs'. Then I can re-open these on the next session. Unfortunately, this option is still not available.
    Google has such extension called OneTab. Something similar on Adobe Reader would be great!
    This has been requested by several others (see in comments https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/31145458-save-all-tabs-with-one-click)

Once you re-start, you should just be able to re-open the whole bunch of pdf's that you closed before with one click

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow for the mouse scroll wheel to scroll drop-down lists in Forms instead of scrolling to the next page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. If we don't know meaning of the word while reading in a document then there must be search by web option along with the copy tab or you can simply add Dictionary into Adobe so that it will become more user friendly and more helpful to the person who is in need to search that meaning.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I need to see 2 full pages (A4) up on full screen and still be able to do commenting. Standard 16:9 screen has enough space for that. Just allow to move all menus and panes to either left or right side of the screen.

Robert

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When the default Highlight text tool (marker icon) is applied on document with inconsistent text (either poorly generated text scattered across page, math formulae etc.) the highlighted area does not look good or even does not make sense. Of course, I can manually click&switch to Drawing tool (pencil icon) and mark that area by hand but it can be set to other color, thickness, and opacity. I wish I could switch between these tools using ALT, CTRL of SHIFT keys for rapid commenting (while keeping the same color, thickness and opacity - ust like if the Highlight text tool is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Photoshop for iPad is of great importance especially for natural work with a pencil. Especially with tools like brush, eraser ... But why isn't the "blur" tool available in Photoshop for iPad? This tool is directly designed for the pencil, according to my experience. Would it be possible to supplement it?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Menus are not readable with a voiceover application.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Seriously what a DOG act for you to do and go and change the installing process for Adobe Reader, so you took the mcfee install out of the installer and put it no where near the download section what so ever so you done this by choice I had no idea YOUR GARBAGE MCFEE BLOATWARE installed you knew this long before changing the effects it would have, not only did your GARBAGEWARE stop my PAID for kaspersky total security, I spent hours trying to find a solution to get rid of THAT GARBAGE, so stop bloody auto checking that ****…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add option to change word lookup from dictionary.com to Google or any local dictionary we choose.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I color code my highlights and would really appreciate having an option to choose any color from a color wheel or hex code rather than having to choose from the 12 predetermined colors in the app. The iPad app is even more limited with only 7 colors to choose from.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It is already extremely annoying to hide elements in Acrobat.

For reasons only known to your idiot design team, you persist in the view that the UI MUST BE RESET ON EVERY DOCUMENT LOAD.

I read > 30 PDFs in a DAY. FOR EVERY ONE, I have to hide elements of the UI (typically the left side). EVERY F*** PDF.

Today I find that hitting Ctrl-Home re-displays the full left bar.
    WHY.
    WHO THINKS THIS IS A GREAT IDEA - Lets re-purpose a standard document navigation key into a UI state change.
    PG UP to the top page does the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I know that a lot of programs are switching towards a tab-based structure when opening several files at a time. But it sometimes is very handy to be able to open several PDFs in several windows. I know that this is possible by rightclicking the file etc., but I miss a setting that opens PDFs be default in a new window - and not in a new tab.

Can there be some kind of "setting" that says:
    O - open PDFs in new tabs
    X - open PDFs in new windows

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have to work with PDFs a lot and I have to deal with them via browser. For the past years I haven't had any problems with using the browser PDF-viewer, but as of recently the option to do a quick google search in a new tab when highlighting text within a document and right-clicking on it is no longer available. There is 'copy', 'print', 'rotate', 'save as' but not the 'search the web for [highlighted text]' which was so very helpful and useful for me. Please, consider making it available again since I can hardly imagine how anyone would…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes

We're glad you're here