Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1412 results found

1. Requiring 6 characters on a password is unnecessary and hurts the user-friendly nature of the program. This decision is asinine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I share PDFs to clients and they correctly receive the email and click the button link which displays the shared PDF.
    I'm sure that in the past I've received email notifications whenever they have viewed the file. (The status of the PDF then updates in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC desktop app to say 'VIEWED' or 'OPENED'.)
    Recently I've had no notifications and no updates and yet the client HAS received and viewed the PDF. Through much testing, I've worked out that the notifications/updates only trigger if the client is signed in to Adobe (with an Adobe ID) which I find…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In Windows 10, the file type association for .pdf stops working after upgrading from Adobe Reader 2017 (Classic Track) to Reader 2020 (Classic Track). Issue occurs if file association was originally configured by DISM or user for previous Adobe Reader version. The same .pdf file association is expected to work with new Adobe Reader versions.

Double-clicking a PDF file displays Windows prompt "How do you want to open this file?". The HKCR registry key still contains an entry for the ProgID, AcroExch.Document.2017. Should the Reader 2020 installer remove the HKCR\AcroExch.Document.2017 registry key? Deleting the key appears to resolve the issue.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adobe Reader suffering from delays when printing PDF files, switched reader to Edge or Foxit same files print without any issue. Repair install performed along w/ complete removal + reinstall of Reader but issues continued. End users reported problem did not appear until recently, possibly a bug with the latest build.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In Windows 10, after installing Acrobat Reader 2020 the start menu shortcut for the previous installation of Reader (2017) has not been removed. The Reader 2020 installer is expected to remove the Reader 2017 start menu shortcut. This does occur as expected if the base version of Reader 2017 (17.008.30051) is installed prior to installing Reader 2020.

Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1. Install Windows 10 Enterprise.
    2. Install Adobe Reader 2017 (Classic Track) using bootstrapper installation (setup.exe). Setup.ini includes PATCH command under [Product] section; PATCH=AcroRdr2017Upd1701130196_MUI.msp.
    3. Install Adobe Reader 2020 (Classic Track) using bootstrapper installation (setup.exe).

Bootstrapper Deployment
    https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/DesktopDeployment/bootstrapper.html

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It seems that after updating to Big Sur, I cannot save files locally on my desktop from a remote server. When I open the file off the server and then go to save as to my desktop, I get an End of File was reached unexpectedly error. I am running Reader version 21.001.20155. This error does not happen on macOS Catalina 10.15.7 so I am not sure if this is something Adobe or Apple has to fix. I will be filing a separate ticket with Apple on this matter. Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adobe Reader is very slow after I resize the window on my Windows 10 laptop. This includes maximizing and restoring down a window. If I only open one document, it usually takes 1-3 seconds to respond, depending on how complicated the document is. This is already significantly slower than Firefox and Chrome. Furthermore, if I open two documents, resizing takes 3-6 seconds, and longer when more document tabs are opened. This is a big performance issue. Looks like Adobe Reader is rendering all the documents synchronously after the window is resized, which is completely unnecessary; it should only render the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. McAfee as a default is an absolute disgrace. I wish there was some simple PDF software provided by a company less willing to bend over for a dollar.

Don't provide McAfee to finally appear as a legitimate, customer-first company. Embarrassing.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. If addressbook.acrodata is generated by updating Adobe Approved Trust List (AATL), EUTL will be corrupted. The default behavior of Adobe Reader when opening a signed document for the first time is to prompt for update of AATL. This causes EUTL to stop working and can only be solved by deleting addressbook.acrodata and update EUTL and AATL in the correct order.

Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1. Install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
    2. Open a document signed with an EUTL certificate.
    3. Accept the prompt for Trust Certificates Update.

Environment:
    Freshly installed clean VM with Windows 10 20H2(19042.985)
    Adobe Acrobat Reader…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Concerning the window "Recent opened" or "last viewed", I am not sure of the name since my language version is polish.
    I had a file on the list, that I wanted to view again. Unfortunately it was on a share that was not connected at the moment.
    Acrobat Reader could not open it, and it removed it from the list. I connected the share, but I lost the possibility to open the file since it was not on the list anymore. I had to find it again, what was really time consuming.
    The file should be kept on the list…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Windows 10 20H2 updated.
    Adobe Reader Product Version - 21.1.20115.433178
    Adobe Reader File Version - 21.1.20155.39962

When opening the program immediately it stops work and returns a "Not Responding" message. It occurs after opening the program being impossible to click in any tab or enter in the configuration menu or help tab.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If you comment dots (no movement, just a click) with the drawing tool, erasing anything with the eraser tool will delete all dots regardless of the eraser's distance from the dot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please remove the 'Content Preparation Progress' dialog. It is very annoying and provides no value what so ever.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The "Save" function for saving a pdf is extremely annoying, it behaves like "Save as". And from googling I see this is "as designed"??? Why would you design the "Save" function to behave like "Save as". It's like 4-5 clicks to save one pdf! I see others complaining about this also. Why would such a big company design it this way one wonders..when every other program uses "Save" as they're supposed to.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When I open different PDF files, the file names does not appear in the Adobe Reader tabs (as tooltip)! A simple example: if I have two copies of a tax form, one for me and one for my wife (with different file names), when I opened them in Adobe, the name appears the same and it shows the type of form only (form name only and not the file name) for both of them. When working with some files (e.g. I am opening some different standards to read at the same time), it is hard to find the one you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. After using "Fill & Sign" I get this error message. (See the attached picture.) This error is caused by only one PDF document which is not possible to upload there due to copyright restrictions. (It is a drawing for production.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There is no 64-Bit IE Addon available with 2020 Classic Reader. Could you help with updating the package with the 64-Bit IE Addon to have seamless access when accessing IE with Reader 2020 Classic ?
    version Installed - 2020.001.30020

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'm using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Version 2021.001.20150. I think you introduced a bug in the latest version, because I can no longer find a way to print double-sided. I'm using an HP Envy 4500 printer, which certainly does support double-sided printing, and I've used Acrobat Reader for years, but lately I can no longer print double-sided. When I press Properties in the print dialog box, that choice no longer appears.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. please, add a traductor for sentences and documents

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. So I have noticed that the arrow key scrolling when using the hand tool has somewhat inconsistent increment sizes. If I press the up or down arrow key once the distance scrolled is about half a line. If I hold down an arrow key to begin the fast scrolling, then let go and continue pressing the arrow keys rapidly, the increment is more like a line and a half.

I find this inconsistency extremely annoying, especially since the fast scrolling is redundant because of the page jumping that is achievable with the left and right arrow keys, and that the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?