Adobe Acrobat in Browsers

1. Trouble printing

I can't print directly from the page that opens. I have to save it and then open the page and print it. Not convenient. It was working before.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Adobe Acrobat in Chrome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Camille,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Apologies for the inconvenience faced by you. We would require some more details to help investigate your issue.   Requesting you to please share the PDF url that you were trying to print. Would be extremely helpful if you can also share the error message that you are seeing when you are trying to print the document.   Looking forward to hearing from you, so that we can make your experience with the Acrobat extension seamless.   

Thanks and Regards,  

Shilpa Setia 

Lead QA, Adobe

2. Printer button won't work

It won't let me print from the browser adobe acrobat

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Acrobat in Chrome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Give me the option to have it open in the full program rather than the anemic extension.

Give me the option (preferably default) to have it open in the full program rather than the anemic extension. It's ok to see in a browser (Chrome or Edge), but if I want to open it, give that option w/o navigating to a folder, etc.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Acrobat in Chrome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add or suit a dark mode

Please add (or support browser's) Dark mode. The bright interface really hurts my eyes in dark theme.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Acrobat in Chrome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I do not like the extra page that needs to be opened before downloading. I would like to see a return to full-size opening of pages.

I do not like the small print extra page that now needs to be opened beforI do not like the extra page that needs to be opened before downloading. I would like to see a return to full-size opening of pages.e downloading. I would like to see a return to full-size opening of pages in the browser, enabling me to see the content immediately before deciding whether to download. This is particularly important to me because I have visual acuity issues.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Acrobat in Chrome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Huge tool bar is open by default

Tool bar on right is open by default. Takes up so much room, the document is too small to read. 99% of the time you just want to read the document and then 50% of the time you might save it. That's all. Make the toolbar a pop-out that is closed by default.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Prompt for download location

I wish that the 'download PDF' button would prompt a 'save as' folder instead of auto-saving to the downloads folder. If I'm downloading a pdf, it's pretty certain that I am going to want it filed in a specific location. The current setup adds an extra step (save as from the desktop reader program) which I am prone to forgetting and clutters the downloads folder with extra copies of pdfs. I already have Chrome set to prompt for a save folder with all downloads, but somehow the Acrobat extension bypasses this setting. Thank you!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. all

I am unable to print ANY pdf's from Chrome. They open in in Chrome and I then have to download them so they open in the Adobe Acrobat program. Only then can I print anything. It's a tedious process. I wish NO pdf would open in a browser window. I've tried to find and change the settings so they don't, but have been unsuccessful. >:o(

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make print work directly from the browser

The print button requires me to use the "Open in desktop" button to print. After tapping the "open in desktop" it will open and have the print dialogue box open. Seems redundant since I would rather not open it in the desktop to begin with.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. URL sharing is weird

As soon as I open the document in the plugin, the URL is changed and when I share it people don't have access to it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Restore useful zoom capability

The zoom capability sucks! I cannot easily change the zoom level on my touchscreen, and there is no zoom percentage field for me to enter a level. This used to be a normal feature of Adobe Reader; please bring it back.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Open in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC with Chrome initially please

Hi,
    I love adobe products.
    How can I automatically default to Open in Desktop app while using Google chrome ? The documents initially open in Adobe Acrobat, but I would like Chrome to open them in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC initially please.
    Can you kindly let me know?
    Thank you.
    Best,
    Steve

skargas@csilaboratories.com
    Cell 626-644-7728 EST

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Page down functionality

"Page down" should move the document one screen (which is the standard for every other PDF reader), not skip to the next page (often skipping over large blocks of text where less than one page is visible on screen). The way it is now makes it much more jarring to read long documents.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Why was I forced to download the extension?

It's not really an issue. I was forced to download the extension in order to download something and the extension itself is just annoying.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Unable to print PDF's that open in Chrome

I am unable to print PDF's when they open in Chrome. At first the print icon would be there but it was greyed out. Now it is not there at all. I have to download PDF's before I can print them.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Acrobat in Chrome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. プリントができない

フォンとが変わってしまっている。中国語の日本語対応になっている印象がある。
    chrome上でプリントボタンを押してもプリントできない。ダウンロードはできる。プリントボタンが有効ではない。

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. All

This just slows everything down. Now I'm constantly waiting for Adobe to open every time I access a PDF. I wish I had not chosen this option.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://d3ddkgxe55ca6c.cloudfront.net/assets/t1215440315/a/bb/48/81710_mindtpg-19_mgm-32

Can anyone help me so I can open my documents in the orginal desktop version. This is extension is very annoying and don´t know how to change it

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow progress to be posted without sending an email

It's okay for use when it's just a one-page PDF or a quick read, but I know how to use the desk app and it's a lot easier to download the file and open it if it's more than a page or two.

I'd rather see more effort put into integrated Acrobat into IOS so that when a PDF is received it can open directly from email or text without having to jump through 50,000 Apple hoops and swirls and shares and hamburgers to read a frickin' one page PDF.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5b75fcd83c3a5332af1a36b2/t/62c8876405592776e3f919ee/1657309047972/The+3-Day+Perfectionist%27s+Half-Assed+Challenge+-Amber+Petty.pdf

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base