Skip to content

Adobe Acrobat in Browsers

Help us improve the Acrobat PDF experience in browsers by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report. 

How it works:

• Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like
  • You may also post a comment for the idea
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it 
For a new feature request:
  1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed
For a new bug:
  1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Adobe Acrobat in Browsers

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

46 results found

1. desktop app button broken

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow to print from Adobe Acrobat Online. When you use the print icon on the screen it does NOTHING! You have to "Open in desktop app" or download the file. Super annoying.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. Requesting you to share some additional details with us and try a troubleshooting step to help you further -

• Can you please share the PDF URL (if it is not confidential) OR share the exact steps to reproduce the issue?
    • Also, can you please open these browser settings - chrome://settings/content/pdfDocuments and check if the following setting for opening PDFs in browser is enabled "Open PDFs in Chrome". If not, please toggle from "Download PDFs" to "Open PDFs in Chrome". Now, please try to open PDFs in the Acrobat Viewer and print again.

Hoping the above will resolve your issue. Requesting you to please confirm to us by reverting back if your issue is resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa Setia

3. The print icon won't print as I wanted to print this page. Please fix it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. Requesting you to share some additional details with us and try a troubleshooting step to help you further -

• Can you please share the PDF URL (if it is not confidential) OR share the exact steps to reproduce the issue?
    • Also, can you please open these browser settings - chrome://settings/content/pdfDocuments and check if the following setting for opening PDFs in browser is enabled "Open PDFs in Chrome". If not, please toggle from "Download PDFs" to "Open PDFs in Chrome". Now, please try to open PDFs in the Acrobat Viewer and print again.

Hoping the above will resolve your issue. Requesting you to please confirm to us by reverting back if your issue is resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa Setia

4. Only "Print This File" button does NOT work at all. I use the recent ver. of Chrome and this Acrobat for Chrome on Monterey Ver. 12.6. This problem has not solved about a year, so I have to download each pdf file everytime I want to print them out.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa Setia

5. The print button doesn't work. It's extremely annoying and reflects poorly on your product.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa Setia

6. print icon does NOT work. Please fix it as I do need to print my documents. Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa Setia

7. I am unable to print ANY pdf's from Chrome. They open in in Chrome and I then have to download them so they open in the Adobe Acrobat program. Only then can I print anything. It's a tedious process. I wish NO pdf would open in a browser window. I've tried to find and change the settings so they don't, but have been unsuccessful. >:o(

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Robin,

So sorry to know about your experience with Chrome extension. Can you please share the PDF URL (if it is not confidential) or share the exact steps to reproduce the issue? That will be very helpful.

Thanks,

Shilpa Setia

Lead QA

8. Not being able to print happens on every single PDF that it opens. Having one of my URLs is irrelevant. Also, there is no error message at all either. Nothing happens when I click the print button. There is no action at all nor anyway to engage a printer. The printer button is dead. This message is for Shilpa Setia . Asking the questions that you asked Camille are not helpful at all. When 100 people tell you it's not working, just assume it's not working and go figure it out. It should be easy to recreate on your end.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks.

9. The 'print pdf' function does not work. If a print is required then the document has to be opened in the Desktop app and printed from there.
    I have been unable to find any error message or setting that I can change to get this function working. What it means is that on most occasions the desktop app is necessary so why not just use it anyway.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa Setia

10. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa Setia

11. All the sudden this new app came up but the printer button doesn't work so it adds an additional step to download the pdf and then print it. What a pain! Why doesn't the printer button work?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa Setia

12. The letter L does not print from the browser extension. I have to download the document and print it from the stand alone program. An additional step that shouldn't be there in the first place.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The new Chrome extension is VERY SLOW! It takes over 5 seconds to open a PDF from a link, and I have a VERY fast high-end computer. I will see if I can switch back to the old extension while you work out the problems.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. whatever online print application this is connected to my gmail is SLOW. TURTLE SLOW. SPINNING WHEEL is really getting old. I need the desktop version back. I DO NOT WANT THE NEW APPLICATION FOR PRINTING PDF ONLINE FROM MY GMAIL. HELP!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I clicked on a link from either Chrome or Adobe to open pdf s in Chrome using Adobe, but I hate it. I've tried to "uninstall" this change, but nothing works - neither in Chrome settings nor Adobe. This is extremely annoying. What can I do to undo this change??

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Mke,

Sorry to hear that you are not liking the Acrobat experience. Could you please share your feedback on what issues you are facing and how we can make the experience better?

You can turn it off by clicking on the Acrobat icon in Chrome Extensions and turning off “Use Acrobat in Chrome” toggle. Please see attached screenshot.

Thanks,
    -Ashu Mittal

16. HI, when I select a portion of a PDF document that I opened using your app, the order of the words in the selected portion gets all messed up.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Erika,

Thank you for trying out Acrobat in Chrome and sharing your valuable feedback. Would it be possible for you to share a couple of sample links for such PDFs where these options are not working properly?

Thanks,
    Shilpa​

17. Since Google chrome did away with cloud print and allowed for a printer attached to the same wi-fi to be used, the print for adobe reader app and extension has not worked. This needs to be fixed as there are many people with the same problem.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. IT'S REALLY SLOW TO PRINT A PDF NOW. I HAVE TO PRINT 100 FILES EVERYDAYS AND NOW WITH YOUR NEW VERSION, IT'S A BIG WASTE OF TIME. IT LOAD for minutes for every print.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. IMHO, documents should be legible. The paragraph opens to full width of the screen. Having a document spread across a wide angle monitor is a pain to read. Why does a document open differently in a browser VS the ADOBE program.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for trying out Acrobat in Chrome and sharing your valuable feedback. Would it be possible for you to share a couple of sample links for such PDFs where you are not liking the reading experience?

Thanks,
    Shilpa​

• Don't see your idea?