1 result found
An error occurred while saving the commentSean McCurry commented
Issue still exists and it's worse. It's not specifically the Read Order area, but text as a whole. If I copy paste from the main content to anywhere else (Word, browser, etc), I see the same unknown characters.
I've tried exporting from Word and InDesign. I've tried tweaking indd export options to include all fonts all the time (advanced export settings in print style pdf). No matter what I do the issues still exist.
One thing that does work: After the PDF is created, edit (using Acrobat), and manually replace text from the source (copy paste it in). This solves the encoding / unknown character issues in the main content area of the PDF, but unknown characters can still be seen in the Read Order tab, which I hope won't affect accessibility. Note that when I do this, the font properties of the PDF are no longer ANSI, which is what I want.Sean McCurry shared this idea ·