Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. measure text

the measure tool has no way of increasing dimension text height.

bluebeam has this. really the measure tool is way behind what engineers and construction guys need,

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Bug Report: Organize does not show image

If I am working for several hours in acrobat dc, the organize feature will show only blank pages... no content. I have to close the program and restart it to view the images. It will work for about 20-30 minutes and then do the same thing. UGH.

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Hyperlink to first occurrence of a range name

I have created a PDF file from an Excel Workbook. Each tab in the workbook has a range name that is in the "rows to repeat at top". I have a table of contents that hyperlinks to each of these range names in each worksheet. When the PDF is created, sometimes a worksheet will become 2 pages. The hyperlink shows at the top of both pages (because it is in the "rows to repeat at top"). When I click on the hyperlink in my table of contents, it always goes to the range name in the second page rather than…

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Adobe Acrobat Windows 10 Crash

My Acrobat DC is randomly crashing and I don't know why. I have unistalled and reinstalled it twice. I have done EVERYTHING on your webpage about fixing crashes. Nothing helps.

3 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Bug: Add to an already made selection with the mouse

If you already have an object selected and need to add to that selection the common universal procedure is to hold down the shift key on the keyboard while clicking the object you want to add to the already made selection. It works fine unless you have the "Output Preview" window open. In that case instead of adding to a selection it creates a new sticky note. You used a universal keyboard/mouse combo for "adding to a selection" to instead create a new sticky note but only when "Output Preview" is open. This needs to be changed to a different…

11 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Arabic script with Fill & Sign

This topic has been discussed before, but I want to share one thing the team might find useful.

Now we tell all Acrobat users that Adobe Fill and Sign doesn't support Arabic. But when you look at it, we are able to type Arabic very well on Desktop machines and mobile devices.

On a Mac for instance, as an Adobe CC subscriber, I have to choose English in Preferences for my Acrobat language in order to show [ Fill & Sign, Send and Track, and Send for Signature ] features in Tools workspace. If I go and change Acrobat language…

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Tab order feature

The field view is entirely too small to manually edit tab order. This should either be a separate pane or perhaps a pop-out window. I easily have over 100 fields on one page and it's impossible to order them as I need to (by column, within a section or rows of fields). Default tab ordering structures (By Row, By Column) are not useful here. Need more flexibility to set tab order manually.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Save Downloaded File in Any Location

Now when you download a file from the web and have Acrobat installed as the default handler, it automatically downloads the file on Windows to C:\Downloads, not to the actual configured downloads folder, which might be on another drive or in a different location. Acrobat should have a configuration which A) allows you to configure a default location, or B) Asks everytime, defaulting to the last, where to save the file.

The amount of time spent Saving-As then deleting the originally downloaded file is stupid.l Just let us put the file where we want it from the start.

All browsers…

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • PDF Thumbnails in PDF Portfolio : Portfolio/ View / Layout

In Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Classic & Acrobat Pro 2017 the PDF icons on the left are quite large in Portfolio / View /Layout . It would be great if PDF Thumbnails could be enabled like in Windows explorer by checking the preference in General . I realise not all file thumbnails for all types of files could easily be created ( example Excel , Word )etc ..but we combine a lot of PDF secured files into a Portfolio & the thumbnail PDF view would really be a great feature in Portfolio/View / Layout
                    Windows 7 Pro 32 bit &…

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Plug-in toolbars keep disappearing

A fix is required for anyone using third party plug-ins that have found that the plug-ins have gone after an update. This was reported by Enfocus at the following url: https://www.enfocus.com/en/support/known-issues-and-solutions#!/SupportPortalSolution?id=501570000018YbEAAU

They are claiming it is an Adobe Acrobat issue rather than their plug-in. Either way, it's frustrating and needs to be resolved

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • adobe reader for samsung smart televisions

many companies use LED tvs in meeting rooms and many presentations and designs are in PDF format.

We would like to read them on smart tvs also...

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Insufficient data for image in Internet Explorer

I am working on a software that generates PDF using ABBYY FineReaderEngine 11 and presents those PDFs to the users in Internet Explorer. The image compression algorithm used is JP2K.

Some of the PDFs generated are sending the error "Insufficient data for image". The problem can occur on very precise document (as for the example file attached), but also in a random way on other non specific documents. It is really hard to determine if it is created by a certain type of document.

Our users are using Adobe Acrobat Standard 11.0.20 with Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.18665CO (Adobe plugin version :…

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • 以前のバージョンの場合、必要な文章の一部をドラッグすれば、テキスト化されて利用できました。今は、全体を一度テキスト化してから、コピペする形となり、非常に不便を感じています。現在のやり方が悪いのか、それとも、ソフト的にそのような使い方を想定していないのか。改良ください。

以前のバージョンの場合、必要な文章の一部をドラッグすれば、テキスト化されて利用できました。今は、全体を一度テキスト化してから、コピペする形となり、非常に不便を感じています。現在のやり方が悪いのか、それとも、ソフト的にそのような使い方を想定していないのか。次回のソフト改善の際に、そのような使い方ができるように改良お願いします。

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Acrobat pro 2017 can`t re-arrange sort order after creating Portfolio

when adding another file it goes to the end . In older versions of Acrobat Pro you could sort & re-arrange Portfolio files
                              tried that workaround where you create a new column in view /portfolio details & edit the values to get the files in the proper order sequence .. bit that is a bit of a kludge & really doesn`t affect the printing order of individual Portfolio files or default view when opening
                              version 2017.011.30065 Win 7 32 bit & win 10 64 bit

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Internet Explorer crashes on AcroPDFImpl.dll randomly

Within our company we use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (currently 15.020.20042). About 140 employees are having issues with random crashing Internet Explorer when using a web application with PDF's Crashes are appearing to be random about 3-5 times per day.

The exact message is:

Name of the application with errors: iexplore.exe, version: 11.0.9600.18666, timestamp: 0x58f30f27
                                Name of the module with errors: AcroPDFImpl.dll, version: 15.20.20042.8920, timestamp: 0x5811d3ec
                                errorcode: 0xc0000005
                                faultoffset: 0x00005c89
                                Id of proces with error: 0x1274
                                Starttime of the application with error: 0x01d2e023792e665b
                                Path to application with error: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
                                Path to module with error: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroPDFImpl.dll
                                Rapport-id:…

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Adobe PDF Printer should be installed automatically.

Adobe PDF Printer should be installed automatically when installing Acrobat DC. Instructions for manual installation are incomplete. Everything worked great until recent update failure and reinstallation.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Plug in Icons missing if we do not open documents as tabs (Pitstop and Prinergy)

After installing the last Updates we have an all Clients with Acrobat Pro the problem that the Icons from Plugins such as Pitstop are missing under Tools. The problem only exists if we start Acrobat without the Option to Open documents as new tabs in the same window. If we start Acrobat with the option enabled, everything is normal.

The Clients are on Windows 10 64bit and Windows 7 64bit. We have the latest Acrobat Pro DC Version 2017.012.20095

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Precise placement of objects in Prepare Form and Edit Form

I would like to see a "transform" capability similar to InDesign, with a panel or set of boxes in which the actual pixel X & Y coordinates, as well as the dimensions of an object, can be precisely set. Currently, the resolution on this type of placement appears to be set at 2 points, and I would like to be able to fine-tune that to pixels or 10,000ths of an inch as I can in InDesign. That's the basic idea, but read on for rationale.
                                      I work mainly in InDesign to create pdf forms that I then take into Acrobat…

4 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Snapshot of PDF page for export to JPG has bugs

If you open those files in Acrobat, and use the snapshot feature, then "control-a" to select everything, you will see differences in each one. In each case, on the right side, the app selects more than it should be selecting. For example, the sample with inset and color has a small band of white on the right side that is included in the selection that should not be. This was a bug in Acrobat 9. I was hoping to find this problem fixed in this version, but it is not. I only discovered this recently, because I started adding background…

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are able to reproduce the issue you are facing. I am forwarding this to the engineering team and we will get back to you on this.

Thanks for your patience!
                                          -Amboo

• Does acrobat have access to my computer?

Whenever I use acrobat, my mouse seems driven by commads - not mine - to do things in acraobat. Things like scrolling, moving mouse, opening other windows in acrobat. Is it a ghost or is it Adobe?

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base