Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Accessible PDF's accessible.

The process to make a PDF accessible is overly complicated and buggy. Usually while doing this, something will go wrong and the only way to fix it is to close the document, open it again, do the same process and hope it works. This process should be as simplistic as possible so everything can be accessible.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Bug: General preferences > Use Single Key Accelerators To Access Tools: doesn't work

Both, Acrobat DC and Reader DC ignore the "General preferences > Use Single Key Accelerators To Access Tools" settings.

Although I checked this option, whenever I open a PDF document, acceleration keys (e.g. "H" or "D" for changing the selection mode) don't work.

Deselecting and selecting this option in General Preferences temporarily enables this feature, but both programs "forget" this setting the next time one of them is getting launched.

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  7 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Accessibility Checker

With Accessibility Checker, I think there is a bug - the title was flagged as an issue. I took all the steps to correct this but it continues to come up as an issue when I use the checker. I've recreated the issue twice. I'm on a Mac, OS Sierra v10.12, MS Word v15.38, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Thank you.

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • PDF Initial View Magnification Guidelines

Why doesn't Adobe set the default initial view magnification setting to "fit page" so a viewer can see an entire document upon initial view? As a seasoned graphic designer, I believe it is much more courteous to allow the viewer to orient themselves to an entire document and then allow then to zoom in for more detail. It is disconcerting to see a partial document when opening a PDF file. Adobe is a leader in accessibility standards and I wondered if you had insight into this topic, I don't see a recommended initial view magnification in the WCAG 2.0 AA…

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Accessibility for Arabic PDFs

Although tagging Arabic content shows in Acrobat, however it doesn't display correctly in Tags panel, neither Content panel displays Arabic content properly, nor the Order panel.
            "Read Out Loud" feature pronounce each Arabic character independently which drives a listener mad, I'm afraid.

I posted my findings on Adobe Acrobat forums, I wish you have the time to view.
            https://forums.adobe.com/message/10060292#10060292

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Zaid

Sorry for the delayed response. I had a look at the files you shared and basically for Read Out Loud to work Arabic content well (or any other language for that matter), we need to select the corresponding Language “Voice”.
              The default “Voice” of ROL is English, so it does not speak Arabic works right.

To get it working, you need to first download the corresponding language pack or Voice. In Mac its fairly simple : Go to Syatem Preferences → Accessibility → Speech. In ‘System Voice’ select any Arabic Voice (It would get downloaded first).

Now go to Acrobat → Preferences → Reading → Read Out Loud Options.
              Uncheck the option “Use default voice” and in the ‘Voice’ Dropdown, select the Voice you just downloaded in System Preferences (the Arabic Voice).

Read the content and it should read fine.

On Windows, you need to download and Install…

• Read out loud

Because of my dyslexia, I would benefit from Adobe reading the text aloud as I scan the words. But it never works! How can I get the “Read Aloud” function to work?

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  6 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Headings are not being shown in the TURO tool after saving as a tagged PDF from Word

The document is being tagged, perhaps properly, but it is impossible to tell using the TURO tool when showing structure types. In the Tags pane, headings are shown as H1, H2, etc in the actual tags, but whether the TURO tool is on when the Order or Tags panel is active, these show up as text (P).
                I've never seen this problem before and suspect it has to do with a recent update/release.

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  6 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • shortcut keys for touch up reading order tool

Shortcut keys already exist if you have a screen reader enabled. If you could put in tooltips giving us those keys, it would speed up manually tagging files tremendously.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Mark

I am not quite clear about what is the issue you are facing. Can you please give me some specific steps and your expectations?

Thanks
                    Vivek

• read aloud

How can I turn off the Read out loud feature?? I do not use it at this point. I get a pop-up window that states the document is being prepared every time I make a change. Thank You!

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

You can turn off the Accessibility (Reading) support by going to Preferences → Accessibility. Under “Other Accessibility Options” uncheck the preference ‘Enable assistive technology support’.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks
                      Vivek

• Bullets voiced twice

Product Adobe Acrobat DC
                      Build Beta Release (Beta M44)| Version 2018.011.10005
                      Platform Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
                      Locale English
                      State Needs Review
                      Status Open
                      Component Accessibility

This report references InDesign Bug ID – ID-4204915 Bullets are voiced twice – posted by Bevi Chagnon on September 22, 2017, 6:53 AM.

Problem Description:
                      When a different bullet is used in In Design other than the 3 default bullets (round, asterisk, and lozenge), the tag tree in the exported accessible PDF has two span tags, one empty and the other with the bullet character.

The double span tags cause screen readers to voice…

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Creating table summary removes accessible table tags

Using the latest Acrobat DC on MacOS Sierra, the only way to add a summary to a table also removes correct, accessible tags.

The only way to access the table summary is to open the Touch Up Reading Order panel, highlight the table in question, and mark it as a table in the TURO panel--even though the table was already correctly tagged and in the correct reading order. After this is done, the user can right click on the table and add a table summary.

However, doing this changes the <table> tag to two nested <sect> tags and removes any…

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

We tried doing this and could not reproduce the issue.

As per your description – “highlight the table in question, and mark it as a table in the TURO panel—even though the table was already correctly tagged and in the correct reading order…” I feel you are re tagging the table before adding the summary.

If the table is correctly tagged, just open the Touch Up Reading Order tool, click anywhere on the table to select it, Right click on the table and add/update the table summary.

Please let me know if this does not work for you.

Regards
                          Vivek

Thanks
                          Vivek

• How to modify or hide adobe acrobat DC properties

I would like to know how to delete or hide properties in Acrobat Pro DC? For example, the dates modified, the created, and the edit time. This would be great for documents that are reused over the course of time.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• 1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Autotag Document Assigns Failed Character Encoding

Steps to reproduce
                              PDF files generated by Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services 2008R2
                              Process with 'Accessibility tools, Autotag Document'

Environment (OS, version)
                              Windows 10, Acrobat Pro DC
                              2015 Release (Classic) Version 2015.006.30392

Note that files were OK with Windows 10, Acrobat Pro XI (currently on the same workstation)
                              Note that files had previously been OK with Windows 7, Acrobat Pro DC (prior workstation, no longer available)

Expected Result
                              Text recognized and assigned text characters
                              Bullets recognized and assigned 'bullet' character
                              Accessibility Checker passes content

Observed Result
                              Bullets assigned text character ('w', 'n', etc. - possibly the different values were based…

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Read Out Loud

Currently Acrobat Pro DC can not read slower than 150 words per minute (wpm). I chatted with support (January 30, 2018) and they confirmed that currently it can not be reduced. Therefore, I request that this be modified to any number that a subscriber wants. 150 WPM is ridiculously fast. The range is 150 to 650 wpm. I would hope that Adobe does not discriminate against persons with disabilities anywhere especially in the United States of America.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Sir

We have recently changed this limit and now it can be set between 50 to 450 wpm.
                                  Please try updating to the latest version and let us know if this works for you.

Thanks
                                  Vivek

• Reading order list

It would be a HUGE improvement for the work I do if the reading order also could be changed by typing the order numbers in the order list. The reading order list can be very long sometimes, with endless, tedious drag and drops on each page as it is now.
                                  It is also annoying that the list jumps back to the top each time you re-order the list.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • You really have stuffed up this product. Why do I have to keep signing in to use it. Why does it continually crash? Why has it stuffed my

Why do i have to keep signing in to use it. Why does it continually crash? Why has it stuffed my computer so that it runs at a snail pace?. You really have over engineered, over done the security, and over complicated this product. I will never use Adobe products again!!!!!

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Neutral Screen Colour so reading is easier on eyes

Ability to change from a bright white screen to a neutral clour so it can be easier on the eyes when readign documents/ ebooks/ etc.

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Need a google drive plug-in!

It is frustrating to have to save pdfs to desktop then transfer to Google Drive. Please create plug-in!

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• test

this is a test.Plz ignore this report.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?
                                          Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base