Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Accessible PDF's accessible.

The process to make a PDF accessible is overly complicated and buggy. Usually while doing this, something will go wrong and the only way to fix it is to close the document, open it again, do the same process and hope it works. This process should be as simplistic as possible so everything can be accessible.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Joel,
      Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. We discussed about this particular issue and we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future. However, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future.

Thanks

• More Options for Accessibility Tables

Create 508 compliant PDF documents frequently that need to be passed. These documents more than not have several lengthy tables. These documents also come from different people using different software and versions. And more than not these tables need to be rebuilt. Would love to have the option to create tables in the Tags sidebar from scratch where you can at the same time specify how many TR, TH, and TD and in a certain order. Right now I can only add them one at a time. Also, if there is a way to remove the hard setup of tables.…

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing this feature to our notice. We discussed about this particular feature and we will raise a feature request for the same. We’ll update you once it will implemented.

Thanks
        Rachit

• Bug: General preferences > Use Single Key Accelerators To Access Tools: doesn't work

Both, Acrobat DC and Reader DC ignore the "General preferences > Use Single Key Accelerators To Access Tools" settings.

Although I checked this option, whenever I open a PDF document, acceleration keys (e.g. "H" or "D" for changing the selection mode) don't work.

Deselecting and selecting this option in General Preferences temporarily enables this feature, but both programs "forget" this setting the next time one of them is getting launched.

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,
          The issue has been resolved in the latest updates. Kindly check the same and share your concerns with us if you find the same issue again.

Thanks.
          Rachit

• Reading order list

It would be a HUGE improvement for the work I do if the reading order also could be changed by typing the order numbers in the order list. The reading order list can be very long sometimes, with endless, tedious drag and drops on each page as it is now.
          It is also annoying that the list jumps back to the top each time you re-order the list.

3 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Acrobat deleted form fields from reading order when moved even one pixel

I am using the latest version of Mac Acrobat DC 2018.011.20038

1- Make a form field.
            2- Select it so you can make a <form> with the OBJR
            3- Drag it into its proper spot in the reading order.
            4- Then move it even one pixel, it will delete itself. This happens on all fields of any type. It also happens if you just resize any field.

Since this Adobe Forum usually asks questions until people give up on the thread I even made a video of the whole thing:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S79CQ53xiebkxiXmZawAML2kpSY3O6Bn

By the way, I lost 17 hours of work.…

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Headings are not being shown in the TURO tool after saving as a tagged PDF from Word

The document is being tagged, perhaps properly, but it is impossible to tell using the TURO tool when showing structure types. In the Tags pane, headings are shown as H1, H2, etc in the actual tags, but whether the TURO tool is on when the Order or Tags panel is active, these show up as text (P).
              I've never seen this problem before and suspect it has to do with a recent update/release.

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  6 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Accessibility Checker

With Accessibility Checker, I think there is a bug - the title was flagged as an issue. I took all the steps to correct this but it continues to come up as an issue when I use the checker. I've recreated the issue twice. I'm on a Mac, OS Sierra v10.12, MS Word v15.38, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Thank you.

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • PDF Initial View Magnification Guidelines

Why doesn't Adobe set the default initial view magnification setting to "fit page" so a viewer can see an entire document upon initial view? As a seasoned graphic designer, I believe it is much more courteous to allow the viewer to orient themselves to an entire document and then allow then to zoom in for more detail. It is disconcerting to see a partial document when opening a PDF file. Adobe is a leader in accessibility standards and I wondered if you had insight into this topic, I don't see a recommended initial view magnification in the WCAG 2.0 AA…

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • crashing when running auto detect fields

so when running the auto detect field on this pdf every time I click the auto detect fields for the accessibility, it gives me an error that adobe has stoped working and has to be closed. can someone explain what's happening and what i need to do to fix this.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Artifacting error

In Acrobat DC, we have encountered an issue with method of artifacting/backgrounding. As best we can tell, in DC, there is only one way that it can be done to work correctly - through the content panel/right click/create artifact. Other methods of backgrounding (via the order panel or TURO panel) cause it to visually show on the screen and in order panel as a paragraph tag while in the content and tags panel it indicates it’s an artifact.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• alt text issue

We have had issues with alt text being duplicated into the actual text field when using the right click to access alt text or using the order panel to access alt text. The only way it is not duplicated is if alt text is entered via the tags panel properties method.

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Word 2016 create pdf plug in places artifact tags inside table structure

The Acrobat plug in for Word 2016 to create a pdf places artifact tags inside the table structure which causes an error in detailed accessibility checkers. The only way to make these fully compliant is to manually remove these artifact tags from the tags tree. We typically have to go back to old versions to pdf correctly. If you must place artifact tags in table structures (assuming due to new 508 refresh law), it would be fantastic if they could be placed together outside of the table structure or together at the top of the table structure rather than on…

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Pin favourite (important) pdf files on home screen

Pin favourite (important) pdf files on home screen. Some documents you use often and then they moved way down the list.

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Read out loud selected word(s)

I suggest a feature that would read out loud individual word(s) as selected by the user and also be able to read out loud the alt tag on images if the image is clicked. Thank you!

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Sir,
                                Thanks for bringing this feature request to our notice. We discussed about this particular request and we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future. However, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future

Thanks

• Table row \ cells alignment BUG in hebrew support .....

Hi

When I auto tag a Table the cells read left to right
                                no matter what I tried I cannot fix it :-(
                                in the attached image you can see the issue
                                the correct reading order in hebrew right > left should have been
                                4 3 2 1
                                please try to help me as it presents a great problem for me

Thank you in advance

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Stop the stupid ******* Protected View

It's a constant waste of my time to click 'enable' to print. If I click print, I just want the GD thing to print - this is a waste of my time.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• BUG REPORT: 18.011.20038 update breaks Zoom preferences in both Page Display AND Accessibility

18.011.20038 completely ignores Zoom preferences in Page Display AND Accessibility. PDF opens full width of the window.

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bug: language identifiers lost (re-post with attachments)

When importing pages from other PDF's, any language identifiers associated with the individual accessibility tags are not imported. This has been a long-standing issues across all Acrobat version.
                                      Attached are two files: English.pdf and Spanish.pdf, each containing a single <P> tag whose languages have been set to "English" and "Spanish" respectively. If you merge the two files by selecting both (in Windows explorer), right-clicking, and choosing "Combine in Acrobat", the resulting file will not have any language identifiers associated with the merged tags. The same outcome happens if, from within Acrobat, you go to page view and select insert pages…

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Why is there a Reading Order pane and a Tags pane? Is there any circumstance that would require them not to match?

Why is there a Reading Order pane and a Tags pane? Is there any circumstance that would require them not to match? Do any screen readers even use the Reader Order anymore?

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Joel,
                                          Basically Tags pane defines the structure as well as tagged reading order required for accessibility purpose. Reading order pane just defines the reading order (irrespective of the structure of the content). This is used by mobile devices to power the existing ‘reflow’ feature.

We have raised the issue for syncing both of them for now. Also, we have raised a feature request to unify both the panes in future.

Thanks

• Tagging table cell contents, attribute inherited

When remediating a document created from Word, we had a group of tables (actually embedded Excel sheets) that auto-tagged as Figures. When the cells in these Figures were manually tagged using the Reading Order Tool they inherited the Bounding Box and Placement attributes of the Figure tag they were within. If the Figure tag was deleted and then the content was tagged this problem did not occur, but who knew this would happen? This caused unexpected issues using several remediation Tools -- Commonlook Validator would not open the file and Axes PDF Quick Fix showed a large bounding box around…

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?
                                          Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base