Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Accessible PDF's accessible.

The process to make a PDF accessible is overly complicated and buggy. Usually while doing this, something will go wrong and the only way to fix it is to close the document, open it again, do the same process and hope it works. This process should be as simplistic as possible so everything can be accessible.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Joel,
    We are always working to make it a better of experience for our accessibility customers.
    We’ll be adding the support of Undo/Redo in order panels and Reading Order Tool in our coming releases.
    Can you please tell me why you need the Tags Panel and Reading Order to be merged.

Thanks
    Rachit.

2. Bug - PDF Tag Panel does not match Reading Order Tool by marking all Tags as Span

This issue of InDesign and Acrobat incompatibility in regards to Acrobat displaying all spans even when the Reading Order is correct has been around for over two years. We deserve to know what Adobe is doing about it.

Acrobat Team acknowledges the problem and blames InDesign:

"It's actually not an Acrobat issue, it's an issue with InDesign and how it's generating the Content that Acrobat is displaying correctly"

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10005333#10005333

InDesign Team acknowledges the problem and blames Acrobat:

"You'd have to talk to the Acrobat team about why they display in the Tags panel the way they do." - Adobe
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10225230#10225230

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Losing german äüö (Umlauts) and letters in the Structure Tree when using "Add Tags to Document" in Adobe Acrobat DC

1. Brief Title

Losing german äüö (Umlauts) and letters in the Structure Tree when using "Add Tags to Document" in Adobe Acrobat DC (previous operation Number ADB-3207012-T1M7) German Language Problem?

2. Steps to reproduce the issue

Export a text document with german words that contain german umlauts (äöü), e.G.: "für, können, öfter, mögen" as a PDF without tags from InDesign or Word
    Open the file in Acrobat DC
    Go to "Tags" and open the little menu and choose "Add Tags to Document"
    After the Structure Tree was created — save and close
    when you open the document again in Acrobat…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  7 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Auto Tag a Single Page

Acrobat's new Autotag utility re-tags the entire document.

Sometimes most of the PDF is fine and I just need to correct one page or a portion of content that I've selected.

But we can't do that: right now, it's all or nothing.

Give us the option to autotag the entire document, a single page, or the content we have selected with our cursor. Keep the other tags that are already in the PDF.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Accessibility Requests!!!

Feature Requests / Bug Reports for the Accessibility features in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Version 2018.011.20063) on Windows 7 Professional.

For the Tags panel:
    1. Option to create Lists <L> tags with a set number of List Items <LI> tags instead of one at a time. Time wasted creating one at time.
    2. Option to created tables <Tables> tags with a set number of Rows <TR> tags instead of one at a time. Time wasted creating one at time.
    3. Stop forcing all the Tags folders to all be opened when opening a PDF file! Not…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. User- Friendly Accessibility Tagging

Please change the way Adobe Acrobat does the reading order so that the tags in the tags pane will automatically correspond to the order in the Touch- up reading order pane.
    Also please make it easier to tag links - when I try to tag links it doesn't work right. Please consider creating a version of Adobe Acrobat that makes it easy to comply with Section 508 as described at Section508.gov. Dealing with the tags pane is a nightmare and also the unmarked annotations issue and other issues are a nightmare and don't fix easily. Please make this easier to…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. language tags lost

When importing pages from other PDF's, any language identifiers associated with the individual accessibility tags should be imported. Currently the language tags are lost for the documents inserted. Adbobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe DC

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    I have shared your concern with Engineering team. Meanwhile Please share some sample documents via weblink which you are trying to combine so that we can fix it for you.

Thanks
    Rachit

8. Feature Requests / Bug Reports for the Accessibility features in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Feature Requests / Bug Reports for the Accessibility features in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Version 2018.011.20063) on Windows 7 Professional.

For the Tags panel:
    1. Option to create Lists <L> tags with a set number of List Items <LI> tags instead of one at a time. Time wasted creating one at time.
    2. Option to created tables <Tables> tags with a set number of Rows <TR> tags instead of one at a time. Time wasted creating one at time.
    3. Stop forcing all the Tags folders to all be opened when opening a PDF file! Not…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    We have taken up your request and we are continuously working on making a better experience for our customer.

Meanwhile, you can check out the latest updates of the May release.

Thanks
    Rachit

9. Accessibility Problems with Images/Figures

I have a Microsoft Word file that has a number of images. I need to make an accessible PDF. I have entered alternate text for each image in MS Word. When I convert the Word file to PDF, the alternate text I had entered in MS Word is carried over to the PDF, which is what I want. The problem is that it puts all images/figures at the beginning of the tag tree no matter where the image comes in the document. When I look at the Reading Order for each page, it puts all images as the last item…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Headings are not being shown in the TURO tool after saving as a tagged PDF from Word

The document is being tagged, perhaps properly, but it is impossible to tell using the TURO tool when showing structure types. In the Tags pane, headings are shown as H1, H2, etc in the actual tags, but whether the TURO tool is on when the Order or Tags panel is active, these show up as text (P).
    I've never seen this problem before and suspect it has to do with a recent update/release.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Table row \ cells alignment BUG in hebrew support .....

Hi

When I auto tag a Table the cells read left to right
    no matter what I tried I cannot fix it :-(
    in the attached image you can see the issue
    the correct reading order in hebrew right > left should have been
    4 3 2 1
    please try to help me as it presents a great problem for me

Thank you in advance

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Acrobat deleted form fields from reading order when moved even one pixel

I am using the latest version of Mac Acrobat DC 2018.011.20038

1- Make a form field.
    2- Select it so you can make a <form> with the OBJR
    3- Drag it into its proper spot in the reading order.
    4- Then move it even one pixel, it will delete itself. This happens on all fields of any type. It also happens if you just resize any field.

Since this Adobe Forum usually asks questions until people give up on the thread I even made a video of the whole thing:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S79CQ53xiebkxiXmZawAML2kpSY3O6Bn

By the way, I lost 17 hours of work.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Accessibility / ADA Complaint

Will the Accessible PDF be a ADA Compliant?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Yes, it is ADA Compliant. You can check it by using the following tool :
    Open Accessibility in Acrobat
    Open Full Check
    Run the Full checker and it will help you validate whether it is ADA Compliant or not.

Please confirm if this answered you query properly.

Thanks
    Rachit

14. Hello, I made the document accessible. All items are tagged, including proper reading order, but a screen reader ignores the reading order.

Hello,
    I made the document accessible. All items are tagged, including proper reading order, but a screen reader ignores the reading order. Would appreciate help

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Replace document colors scrolling bug with multiple tabs

When "Replace Document Colors" is used with multiple tabs (documents) open, the background will "window blind" as you scroll through the document. For example, if the background color has been changed to gray and a new PDF is opened in a tab, that PDF's background will have white, horizontal stripes as you scroll through that persist when scrolling stops. This only happens with the "Enable Scrolling" view option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support SVG and SVG's accessibility features

SVG graphics have some helpful accessibility features. Is it possible to incorporate these into the PDF structure? This could be a big improvement in PDF accessibility.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug: Reading Order Right-Click Context Menu Loses Items

As the title states, the right-click context menu is not consistent when in the Accessibility Reading Order tool. For example, when right-clicking tables to access the Table Editor and/or Edit Table Summary views, those items are sometimes not available.

With the Table Editor you can still at least access the floating Reading Order window to click open the Table Editor. However, when the Edit Table Summary menu item disappears (they always disappear in pairs), I have to manually save the PDF to refresh its context menu. Sometimes I have to close out completely. It appears random. I can go for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. accessibility reading order

When I drag a box around the text Adobe isn't marking it as a reading order item. Sometimes if I drag it a second time it works, but sometimes it doesn't.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Lenguaje Catalan for accessibility

We cannot mark the PDF document as Catalan when we make accessibility corrections in the document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Text-to-speech functionality does not work with the Apple OS version of Adobe Acrobat Pro, as in previous versions

It has been important in my practice to review reports and multitask. The Apple OS version of Adobe Acrobat is not compatible with the system-wide keystroke of option+s, which activates text-to-speech. This essential function works with MS Office 365 and other third-party apps. Secondly, the rate of speech (even after changing the preferences) is too rapid for use. Clearly, the options of reading the whole page or whole document are limitations. I work with patients who have auditory processing problems, and I can imagine that this function makes some document reading inaccessible. The current configuration is probably an upgrade for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base