Feature Request/Bug

Bug Report: Fillable forms on iPad, when the document is signed it remains fillable!

First I create a fillable form using Acrobat Pro (latest version)
- Then I add the document to Dropbox
- I open Dropbox on my iPad and select the file
- I opt to open the file in Adobe Acrobat (as they are linked)
- I fill out the fillable file and then sign the bottom (adobe doesn’t support iPad signing if the document has been made will a sign area in the form).
- Once I add the signature (using fill and sign) the document warns that ‘Signed documents are no longer editable once saved).. which is exactly what I want.
- I save the document (actually it auto-saves when you exit out of the form) and this saves the signed file back into the Dropbox!
- Everything is great up to this stage, seemless, Professionals and easy for my agents to use.
- THE PROBLEM is when the saved file is opened again the document fillable fields are still able to be edited! :(

Please see the video attachment for a Better Explanation.

Please help, this is a big part of my business plan for 2019!

Many thanks!

9 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Logan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would appreciate a speedy resolution to this issue. I have been testing electronic forms for my service technicians for months and it worked seamlessly. Then this morning a go to do a presentation to my tech on how to do it and the files won’t save once they are signed and won’t update to Box. Very annoyed.

Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base