Bug Report: Fillable forms on iPad, when the document is signed it remains fillable!
First I create a fillable form using Acrobat Pro (latest version)
- Then I add the document to Dropbox
- I open Dropbox on my iPad and select the file
- I opt to open the file in Adobe Acrobat (as they are linked)
- I fill out the fillable file and then sign the bottom (adobe doesn’t support iPad signing if the document has been made will a sign area in the form).
- Once I add the signature (using fill and sign) the document warns that ‘Signed documents are no longer editable once saved).. which is exactly what I want.
- I save the document (actually it auto-saves when you exit out of the form) and this saves the signed file back into the Dropbox!
- Everything is great up to this stage, seemless, Professionals and easy for my agents to use.
- THE PROBLEM is when the saved file is opened again the document fillable fields are still able to be edited! :(
Please see the video attachment for a Better Explanation.
Please help, this is a big part of my business plan for 2019!
I would appreciate a speedy resolution to this issue. I have been testing electronic forms for my service technicians for months and it worked seamlessly. Then this morning a go to do a presentation to my tech on how to do it and the files won’t save once they are signed and won’t update to Box. Very annoyed.
AdminRishi Oberoi (Admin, Adobe) commented
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks for reporting the problem. We are aware of this issue and the team is looking into it.