Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

117 results found

1. If you comment dots (no movement, just a click) with the drawing tool, erasing anything with the eraser tool will delete all dots regardless of the eraser's distance from the dot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please make an Always Show Comments Bar option. I work with the stamp, shape and text box tools on many PDFs daily. I have to open the comments toolbar for each one of them. While it's a small thing to do on one PDF, it gets old fast when it must be done for each of many PDFs every day.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I need to see 2 full pages (A4) up on full screen and still be able to do commenting. Standard 16:9 screen has enough space for that. Just allow to move all menus and panes to either left or right side of the screen.

Robert

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When the default Highlight text tool (marker icon) is applied on document with inconsistent text (either poorly generated text scattered across page, math formulae etc.) the highlighted area does not look good or even does not make sense. Of course, I can manually click&switch to Drawing tool (pencil icon) and mark that area by hand but it can be set to other color, thickness, and opacity. I wish I could switch between these tools using ALT, CTRL of SHIFT keys for rapid commenting (while keeping the same color, thickness and opacity - ust like if the Highlight text tool is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. First of all I want to thank all of you guys you are doing a great job.

second, I know that we can attach a jpg file ,but you will have to leave the reader and open it and when you send it to others it won't open and I know that we can edit pdf to add images ,but sometimes there is no enough space in the page and its so hard to readjust the pdf so it looks normal again, so if we could to comment with a sticky note but we can add in that sticky note…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Similar to Explorer, allow dragging an area as a selection box for comment elements. Selecting multiple elements is only possible by holding CTRL and left clicking, which can get time consuming if you have a bigger number of comments on your documents.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This document can't be printed successfully on my Windows 10 PC. It stalls partway through preparing to print, and then after several minutes reports a print failure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Every time I try to log into adobe pro it keeps telling me that my trial period is over and that I need to install it. Please advise on how to fix this issue asap.

R/ Unjel Harris

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Acrobat Reader allows to highlight text and then enter comments to the highlighted text into the separate panel on the right of the text. I use this feature a lot, when reviewing papers. It would be very handy for me if the comments in the right panel were somehow marked with the same colour as the highlighting in the text. Such feature would allow me easily navigate between the comments later, when making a summary: e.g. first selecting green comments, then red comments etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The arrow ignores the pre set color and is always placed red. You have to place an arrow and go into settings every time to change the color from red to f.e. black.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am studying a pdf and when I have arrived at almost 2000 comments adobe started not working well. For example after having underlined a word Adobe block for a few seconds and then restarts. I trid checking for uploads and restoring the version but nothing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In this era of online/distance learning, never has it been so clear that Adobe Acrobat Reader is sorely inadequate for everyday use for students. The PDF format has long been used by teachers for worksheets, but ironically only to print them out. Now that everything is digital, most routine worksheets in PDF format are not easily editable or annotatable for students to fill them out and return them! This is the moment the PDF format has been waiting for its whole existence, and it is coming up short. In practice, even when PDFs set up as fillable forms, they are…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I like the annotation experience on the ipad using the apple pencil. However when I try the same experience on the Surface using the Microsoft pen it is harder to use. For one, trying to navigate with your finger to scroll through the pages results in lines being drawn. I think it would be helpful to turn drawing off unless it is being used with the pen. Another thing. there is a button for the ipad to turn annotating on on the bottom right hand corner. On the surface there is not. It is easier to remove the lines on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The comments field allows for sorting but it doesn’t have alphabetical sorting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We can provident a voice search in pdf file, we can load any pdf file & we can search on voice in that file, it will be one of the most useful function.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. My name is Manu Tarí and I am getting in touch with you because we have a serious problem with Acrobat Reader

We are a designer studio from Alicante, Spain and we have created interactive catalogs in InDesign with videos, sound clips and buttons that have to play movies and in InDesign they work correctly but when exporting the catalog as interactive PDF and opening it in Acrobat Reader they do not work . A month ago the catalogs worked correctly in Acrobat Reader, you could click on a button and it played the video or sound, now not, and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I color code my highlights and would really appreciate having an option to choose any color from a color wheel or hex code rather than having to choose from the 12 predetermined colors in the app. The iPad app is even more limited with only 7 colors to choose from.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When using 'Save As' for PDF's = previous versions of Adobe defaulted to the last save location, now it defaults to the main library every time and I have to do multiple "clicks" to save it to the file or folder that I want. If I am saving multiple pdf's to the same location at one time - this would save time. I don't want to 'pin' folder, as I may save to a different folder for another group of PDFs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The computer is useless as it's xp. I get advertising all the time. I will soon have to pay to see the screen . billionaires squeeze you dry. How much more do these big companies want. Why don't they REDUCE THEIR PRICES. instead of giving billions to charity.
    WHAT ABOUT us. ? Oh of course you're too busy isolating on your Abu Darbi island.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?