Skip to content

Adobe Acrobat in Browsers

Help us improve the Acrobat PDF experience in browsers by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report. 

How it works:

• Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like
  • You may also post a comment for the idea
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it 
For a new feature request:
  1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed
For a new bug:
  1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Adobe Acrobat in Browsers

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1423 results found

1. I can't print directly from the page that opens. I have to save it and then open the page and print it. Not convenient. It was working before.

197 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Camille,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Apologies for the inconvenience faced by you. We would require some more details to help investigate your issue.   Requesting you to please share the PDF url that you were trying to print. Would be extremely helpful if you can also share the error message that you are seeing when you are trying to print the document.   Looking forward to hearing from you, so that we can make your experience with the Acrobat extension seamless.   

Thanks and Regards,  

Shilpa Setia 

Lead QA, Adobe

2. Give me the option (preferably default) to have it open in the full program rather than the anemic extension. It's ok to see in a browser (Chrome or Edge), but if I want to open it, give that option w/o navigating to a folder, etc.

165 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Adobe Acrobat keeps asking me to sign when I open pdf in chrome. This behavior is annoying. So I will try to find a different pdf reader.

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Apologies for the inconvenience faced by you. We would require some more details to help investigate your issue. Can you please share screenshot of the login screen that you are getting?

4. Let me open a PDF instead of opening a blank tab. My chrome settings are already set to save as PDF.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I do not like the small print extra page that now needs to be opened beforI do not like the extra page that needs to be opened before downloading. I would like to see a return to full-size opening of pages.e downloading. I would like to see a return to full-size opening of pages in the browser, enabling me to see the content immediately before deciding whether to download. This is particularly important to me because I have visual acuity issues.

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It takes many steps to download PDF files, which is very troublesome, please be sure to improve, thank you!

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The extension on Chrome and Edge is useless. Cannot print or save PDF's from either.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The print button requires me to use the "Open in desktop" button to print. After tapping the "open in desktop" it will open and have the print dialogue box open. Seems redundant since I would rather not open it in the desktop to begin with.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. Requesting you to share some additional details with us and try a troubleshooting step to help you further -

• Can you please share the PDF URL (if it is not confidential) OR share the exact steps to reproduce the issue?
    • Also, can you please open these browser settings - chrome://settings/content/pdfDocuments and check if the following setting for opening PDFs in browser is enabled "Open PDFs in Chrome". If not, please toggle from "Download PDFs" to "Open PDFs in Chrome". Now, please try to open PDFs in the Acrobat Viewer and print again.

Hoping the above will resolve your issue. Requesting you to please confirm to us by reverting back if your issue is resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa Setia

9. Ever since this extension installed itself on my browser it takes much longer for PDFs to load. I also have to click the print icon repeatedly before it will finally print anything. I never had these problems until this extension installed itself a week or so ago. I run an etsy business that generates customer shipping labels as PDFs so these problems slow down my work day and it becomes very frustrating very quickly.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. Requesting you to share some additional details with us and try a troubleshooting step to help you further -

• Can you please share the PDF URL (if it is not confidential) OR share the exact steps to reproduce the issue?
    • Also, can you please open these browser settings - chrome://settings/content/pdfDocuments and check if the following setting for opening PDFs in browser is enabled "Open PDFs in Chrome". If not, please toggle from "Download PDFs" to "Open PDFs in Chrome". Now, please try to open PDFs in the Acrobat Viewer and print again.

Hoping the above will resolve your issue. Requesting you to please confirm to us by reverting back if your issue is resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa Setia

10. It won't let me print from the browser adobe acrobat

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa Setia

Lead QA, Adobe

11. I really need a save as form so i can rename the pdf files. it's not useful for my workflow to click on download and go hunt for whatever generic name it was.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Would be so much better to directly view or print a PDF file once we click on a link. Not so much a fan of the extension.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. You can do this in Chrome and a collection of pdfs with unidentifiable filenames is near useless. It's become a deal breaker for me and since I rarely use the additional functionality of DC in Chrome, I may as well go back to its own pdf reader.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Can anyone help me so I can open my documents in the orginal desktop version. This is extension is very annoying and don´t know how to change it

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please provide an option to disable / enable pre-authorization in Chrome, or have it default to Adobe Reader. The current model opens PDF documents in Acrobat DC by default. This is probably fine for a user with a single computer. However, I have three computers where I use Adobe products under a single subscription, and the authorization step becomes grossly disruptive. When I have spotty internet connectivity, or cannot reach Adobe Servers, Adobe Acrobat DC just dies. This is very frustrating, and I typically just use the native plugins to avoid these issues.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. default type is way bigger than fields and no easy way I can see to resize.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There is too much zoom on the text (it's HUGE). Can you please make the link open normal size?
    Thanks!

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I wish that the 'download PDF' button would prompt a 'save as' folder instead of auto-saving to the downloads folder. If I'm downloading a pdf, it's pretty certain that I am going to want it filed in a specific location. The current setup adds an extra step (save as from the desktop reader program) which I am prone to forgetting and clutters the downloads folder with extra copies of pdfs. I already have Chrome set to prompt for a save folder with all downloads, but somehow the Acrobat extension bypasses this setting. Thank you!

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please add (or support browser's) Dark mode. The bright interface really hurts my eyes in dark theme.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 71 72
  • Don't see your idea?