Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

65 results found

1. Using a professional solution, you can convert data from Thunderbird files to PST. With WholeClear Thunderbird to PST Converter, it is simple to convert Thunderbird to Outlook PST Files without losing any data. It is possible to move files swiftly and with the best results. The new Outlook PST file format can be used to store Thunderbird files. It supports Thunderbird, Apple Mail, OperaMail, Entourage, Pocomail, Eudora, Mulberry, MozillaMail, Netscape, and other email clients without any usage limits. Anyone should be able to use the application effectively without technical support or in-depth knowledge thanks to its straightforward user interface (GUI).…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Since acrobat pro dc 20135, and patch 20138, acrobat is not working with BPDX files to update a search index. I call acrobat.exe with a bpdx file passed as an argument, acrobat launches, and then the window appears as it did before attempting to update the index. Then message appears "fatal search engine error (-6) not able to find the file". I just went through an issue - after update 20135, with acrobat not being able to search a PDX file - saying file not found. Update 20138 fixed the issue with acrobat but I suspect the issue still exists…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

The issue has been fixed in our latest Acrobat release (version# 21.001.20142). Please update your Acrobat and let us know if you’re still facing this issue.

Thanks
    Adobe Acrobat DC Team

3. Adobe Acrobat DC (21.001.20135)

Yesterday 11/2/21, my Adobe Acrobat DC pro stopped searching indexes I have made. I Opened an index file (*.pdx) which I built using Adobe Acrobat DC pro a couple of weeks previous and when you search for a term, no results are found.
    So I re-built the index again (~8 mins duration) and the index was then able to return hits on search terms. It worked throughout the day yesterday with no problems.

This morning, I opened the index again (the one I re-built on 11/2) and again it doesn't find any results on search terms…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I open a PDF and choose the save command or save from the File menu, the "save" screen that pops up is blank. This is a significant functionality that is critical to using the software.

I am running Mojave 10.14.3 and Adobe DC 2019.10.20098

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not able to reproduce at our end, can you please check this again by updating acrobat and trying this again.

5. I just had my computer repaired which required a migration of my old computer SSD to a new SSD. Before that, I used to be able to open up several PDF files at the same time in their own window, which is how I like to work as I frequently have to review multiple documents at the same time. I would like to know if that option still exists and if not I would like it back please.

Also, the icons have changed on my desktop (why; that was your brand and was easy to depict from other doc files?).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.
    For openign several PDF files at the same time in their own window you can
    1)open the preferences box by going to edit menu > click on preferences or by pressing ctrl+k
    2) In categories select ‘General’
    3) In basic tools uncheck ’Open documents as new tabs in the same window.

For “fit a page to the full Adobe view screen” you can
    1) Right click and select ‘Document properties’
    2) Click on Initial view tab and select your preference in ‘Layout and Magnification’

I hope this will help you.

6. I deal with multiple sheets of similar layout. I would like to zoom in on an area and go from sheet to sheet with the same area zoomed at the same scale. The version prior to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC allowed me to do that IF I was zoomed in anywhere that included the top margin of my image. But the new Adobe Acrobat Pro DC will only allow a similar zoom if I have zoomed into the TOP LEFT corner of an image. : ' ( : ' ( : ' (

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can use Loupe tool for getting your desired result.
    Follow below mentioned steps to activate loupe tool.
    Go to view > zoom> Loupe tool.

Hope this will help you

7. Like many others I am unable to have more than one PDF open using Acrobat DC. I've gone through all the suggested troubleshooting measures and nothing has fixed the issue.

It doesn't matter how I attempt to open the 2nd PDF, Acrobat DC immediately crashes.

Any help with this would be great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you please update acrobat to the latest version.
    The 2nd pdf will open in the newer tab.

8. The Action Wizards that are custom setup can no longer save to a pre-specified folder.

Previously action would save to a designated folder when "Save to Local Folder" was the option.

It no longer saves at all even though the operation is checked.

What should happen is it should be saved in the folder specified as previously.

I'm running MacOS 10.14 and using Acrobat 20080 on a MacBook Pro.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For saving the file to a particular folder you can click on File menu > save as.
    The popup opens up now select ‘choose a different folder..’
    Now you can save your file to your desired location.

9. Want to selectively delete individual lines from the RECENT LIST without deleting the actual files from my HD or Document Cloud. As it stands now the Recent List gets so long as to be a nuisance. At least allow clearing items after a certain period of time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try the following steps after updating your Acrobat to the latest version:
    1. On the recent file list, Select the individual files using the check mark on the left.
    2. After the selection you’ll see the option “remove from recent” on the right, select the same.

10. When taking a form and editing it or whatever you want and then you go to email it I shouldnt be forced to save the form before emailing it. Me personally I dont need a copy of the form, I just want to email it like you used to be able to do on the old version before the update.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can't share or email. When I click either button they prompt to save document then when that is done, the buttons are greyed out.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. New UI changes continue to make Acrobat more complicated to use for PDF workflow when doing prepress.
    Why can't I turn off the Home window?
    Why does adobe want everything to be full screen

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I do not like the fact that I cannot just simply send a PDF as an email attachment any longer with the new upgrade 10-3-18.

Having to go through all the steps of going the the share process is very inconvenient when you have to send hundreds of different PDF through the course of the day.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New Acrobat DC recent files list wastes a lot of space. It's a list, the name entry includes a separate line just to say "PDF" which spaces apart the items unnecessarily. Just put that in a column (there's lots of wasted space there too).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This service operative wasted over an hour of my time. He is not qualified enough to fix simple problems.
    Please view chat on Bomgar and get back to me. He wasted over an hour of my time. Luckily I spoke to someone else and they fixed issue in 15 minutes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I download a large pdf document every day. This must be broken up into smaller documents, but there is NO EXTRACT BUTTON! I have to open the "Page Thumbnails" and highlight what I want to extract, then right click, hit "extract" and go from there. It takes so much longer!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    You can use the extract button by following below mentioned steps:
    1) Open a pdf
    2)Click on Organize pages
    3) Now click on extract
    4)Now you can select the pages you want to extract
    5) Also you have the option to ‘Extract pages as separate files’

Hope this helps you.

17. With Flash/Animate for years, I've had trouble with nested animations. In order to use the nesting to its full potential, and for organization, I will animate small pieces in nested animations (Flash) and am now trying to use pre-Composite groups on the main composition (AfterEffects). For multiple items, and for many nested animations, it's extremely difficult to create a uniform animation when I can't see what's happening in the Main Composition/ Timeline while in the nested animation or pre-composite. A feature to allow you to see what happens in the Main Timeline while working on these smaller pieces would be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When opening Adobe Acrobat Standard DC, it shows you a list of Recent Files that you have used; however, you can only open one of these files at a time. Similar to the ability to select multiples files in other programs of holding the Control key to select more than one file or holding the Shift key to select a range of files, it would be useful (and a standard Windows function) to be able to select multiple files and open them all at the same time. If reviewing the files in Windows Explorer, you can open multiple files at…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can select multiple files also from the recent list, by clicking on the checkbox and also by holding the control key to select more files.

19. Rotten PDF saving. Why is it I constantly get Adobe saying I have to save the document using another name as this document is already open when I have closed the document and Adobe, see attachment.

Yours frustrated

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You may be getting this error because the same pdf file is currently open in some other program e.g. it may be open in browser or some email Clint

Requesting you to close other application and again try this scenario.
    Please get back to us if you again face the same issues.

20. On my Mac (OS 10.10.5) I use DC version "save as" does not work so I have to resort to emailing processed files?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you please update your Os vesion and use the latest DC version and check with that.

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?