Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

721 results found

1. Using Office 365 with latest updates. Using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2023.003.20244 64-bit.

For multiple PowerPoint presentations, we have seen that if the PowerPoint presentation has an embedded Excel chart or an embedded Excel sheet, when we create a PDF, the resulting PDF has a ghost/shadow type image showing.

This happens when pressing the PowerPoint toolbar button "Create and Share Adobe PDF".

Please note that this shadow/ghosting problem does NOT happen when choosing to print and selecting "Adobe PDF" as the device to print to.

Samples are attached.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Steps to Convert OST to PST File by Manual Method

1. Firstly, open Outlook and then go to the file menu option.
    2. After that, choose the import/export option.
    3. Then, select Export to a file.
    4. Next, pick out the Outlook data file (.pst)
    5. Select whether to convert a particular folder or the entire account.
    6. Verify the included subfolders box.
    7. In the last, Choose a location for the convert OST file to PST and then tap on the finish button.

This method is quite difficult and there are so many possibilities to lose the data so if you do not want to lose…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Link Alternative text is not accessible -- the latest version of Acrobat is not creating an /Alt entry in the Tag Element when you add alternative text using the Link Alternative text box. Therefore, alternative text added with version 2023.003.20215 Acrobat DC Pro will not be read by a screen reader or other AT. Previous versions of Acrobat created an /Alt entry in the Tag Element when Alternative text was added to a Link Tag. This version does not.
    What is the purpose of providing an Alternate Description for Links field if it will not be accessible to AT? If…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. This is fixed in the latest update of Acrobat Pro DC. Please update to the latest version and check. 

Incase you face any issue, please connect with us.

Thanks

Rachit

4. Using a professional solution, you can convert data from Thunderbird files to PST. With WholeClear Thunderbird to PST Converter, it is simple to convert Thunderbird to Outlook PST Files without losing any data. It is possible to move files swiftly and with the best results. The new Outlook PST file format can be used to store Thunderbird files. It supports Thunderbird, Apple Mail, OperaMail, Entourage, Pocomail, Eudora, Mulberry, MozillaMail, Netscape, and other email clients without any usage limits. Anyone should be able to use the application effectively without technical support or in-depth knowledge thanks to its straightforward user interface (GUI).…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. CubexSoft NSF to PST Converter Tool - a perfect and smart utility to migrate Lotus Notes database to Outlook PST file format including all emails, contacts, calendars, and other items along with attachments. It is a very simple GUI, everyone can easily use and perform the conversion process without having technical skills. This software allows users to batch import NSF files to Outlook PST file format without Outlook installation. This software also supports various file formats such as PDF, MBOX, EML, MSG, DOC, RTF, Office 365, IMAP, Gmail, G Suite, Exchange Server, etc. It was compatible with all the latest…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In an earlier version of DC I could erase the wrong information in paint, save and close that page. Go back to the original document. I try this with this new version but DC can not open MS paint at all.
    OS version: Win11 21H2
    Adobe version: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2021.001.20149

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In recent versions of Word (say the last 6 months), the option "Enable Accessibility and Reflow with tagged Adobe PDF" causes text to be omitted from paragraphs that contain inline images (so obviously it can't be enabled when creating PDFs).

Disabling the feature in the global settings causes the plugin to crash frequently. Disabling through the "Options" dialog in the "Save Adobe PDF File As" dialog avoids the crashing behavior ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

However, confirming a change in that "Options" dialog causes the plugin to ignore the global per-style bookmark inclusion settings (overwriting them with "Include all" or so).

All this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Internal hyperlinks, cross-reference hyperlinks, and TOC hyperlinks made in the latest version of MS Word 365 are not retained by PDF Maker.

Affects: Word 365 version 2109 14430.20270
    Adobe Acrobat 2021.007.0095 and
    Adobe PDF Maker 21 (Library 21.7.123)

These errors are in addition to others listed for PDF Mader at https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/44183082-accessibility-errors-with-pdf-maker-update-sept-20

Hyperlinks from Word are non-functional when exported to PDF via PDF Maker. Affects both traditional hyperlinks and accessible hyperlinks:

— Traditional internal hyperlinks are not clickable.
    — Accessible internal hyperlinks are missing the <Link> / <Link-OBJR> compound tag that provides an accessible hyperlink.

— TOC hyperlinks are not clickable…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your patience. We have investigated this issue and found that this has broken with a recent Office update and would require a fix from Microsoft. 

This has also been raised on Microsoft fourms in several threads and acknowledged and it seems they are investigating this issue. Please follow these threads for updates.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/cross-references-and-toc-in-word-do-not-work-when/712d50ee-e8dc-4266-9810-bb2d20dcc2c3

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/when-i-export-a-word-to-pdf-the-table-of-contents/66421104-a501-4b1c-851e-86cd25744e4c

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/exporting-hyperlinks-to-pdf-from-word/4b792dc6-b045-46f2-88c4-9d94125fbeb8

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/cross-reference-links-eg-table-of-content-table-of/181567c4-6cfe-4749-923e-452c75ba0c5f

As a workaround, please revert to older version of Office to make links work.

Thanks

Tanvi

1. 비디오 추가 후 블랙화면
      비디오 추가 시 <미디어에서 포스터 검색>으로 설정하였음에도 영상 첫 장면이 아닌, 블랙화면으로 제시됨

2. 영상 종료 후 2차 재생 불가
      영상이 끝까지 재생되어 종료되고 난 후, 재생버튼이 나타나지 않아 영상을 다시 볼 수 없음

3. 버튼 추가 시 미디어재생 동작을 선택할 수 없음
      2번의 문제를 해결하고자 재생/정지 버튼을 추가 하려 했을 때, 동작선택을 <미디어재생(Acrobat 5 호환)>이나 <미디어재생(Acrobat 6 이상 호환)>을 선택하면 아래와 같은 알럿창이 뜸
      "이 페이지에서 선택할 수 있는 Acrobat 5/Acrobat 6 이상 호환 미디어가 없으므로 동작을 만들 수 없습니다."

4. 버튼이 동작하지 않음
      재생/정지 버튼의 동작을 <멀티미디어 작업(Acrobat 9이상)>으로 선택하고 추가했으나, 버튼이 동작하지 않음

5. 영상을 삽입하여 만든…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. "Add Checkmark" does not work. also, the entire interface is super sluggish. I mean, super sluggish.

Architecture: x86_64
    Processor: Intel
    Build: 21.7.20091.452411
    AGM: 4.30.110
    CoolType: 6.0.0
    JP2K: 2.0.1.49214

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (21.007.20099) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. You may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html
    Please try it out and let us know your feedback!
Thanks for your patience and support!

Regards,

Arvind

10. For the last two weeks or since the last "visible" Acrobat Pro update, the Comment Set Status flyouts don't show up at all (but sometimes they do). Turning on the check box in the app preferences does not "wake up" the feature (an idea of mine that did not work ...besides, trying to toggle the check box is also dead). I had posted this problem here already (see below) but the Admin, Arvind, marked it "solved" because I told him it was... but it was not.

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/44150748-set-status-dead-after-latest-update

This issue seems to show up intermittently; sometimes, it resolves itself after relaunching…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I can't seem to add a @ in the signers field, I use a french keyboard layout on windows 10.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The issue has been fixed as part of the latest Update. Kindly go to Help > Check for Updates.

Do let us know in case of any concerns.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

12. After the latest update (2021.007.20091) the SetStatus fly-out in "Comment" told is 100% dead. No fly-out shows up so there's no way to change that status to anything...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I need to create French versions of forms where there is an option to format numbers as 44 534,41 $ rather than $44,534.41

When adding a date field to a form, I also need a French date picker, so the French users see the calendar in French.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I need to do a simple redaction on a file but it has ballooned in size just from adding redactions on a few pages, representing more than a 3x increase in its file size.

This now makes it too large to send where I need to send it, considering the recipient's file size limits for anything being sent to them.

What can I do to fix this!?

This is a terribly URGENT issue that needs to be resolved immediately.

• TIME SENSITIVE, URGENT SOLUTION REQUIRED!
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. These options can allow for a smoother reading experience. Also, a good chunk of the population has neck and shoulder issues, and autoscrolling allows one to read without constantly having one arm curled forward on the mouse or keyboard.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Text in PDFs is too light--much harder to read than in older versions of Acrobat Pro. Zooming in doesn't help. Please restore darker text to make documents legible without eyestrain!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you, I believe the issue is resolved on your side.

Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

17. Since acrobat pro dc 20135, and patch 20138, acrobat is not working with BPDX files to update a search index. I call acrobat.exe with a bpdx file passed as an argument, acrobat launches, and then the window appears as it did before attempting to update the index. Then message appears "fatal search engine error (-6) not able to find the file". I just went through an issue - after update 20135, with acrobat not being able to search a PDX file - saying file not found. Update 20138 fixed the issue with acrobat but I suspect the issue still exists…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

The issue has been fixed in our latest Acrobat release (version# 21.001.20142). Please update your Acrobat and let us know if you’re still facing this issue.

Thanks
    Adobe Acrobat DC Team

18. When we change the reading order in Accessibility of images in a scanned and OCR'd document, the image becomes a grey or white box and no longer shows the image if we move it in the reading order. If you move it back to the original location in the reading order, the grey box disappears. If you save it once the grey box appears, it's permanent. We have tried working with support and they've witnessed the issue happen. The open case may be under cheil@wooster.edu but I don't have the case number handy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you, I believe the issue is resolved on your side.

Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

19. Adobe Acrobat DC (21.001.20135)

Yesterday 11/2/21, my Adobe Acrobat DC pro stopped searching indexes I have made. I Opened an index file (*.pdx) which I built using Adobe Acrobat DC pro a couple of weeks previous and when you search for a term, no results are found.
    So I re-built the index again (~8 mins duration) and the index was then able to return hits on search terms. It worked throughout the day yesterday with no problems.

This morning, I opened the index again (the one I re-built on 11/2) and again it doesn't find any results on search terms…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?