Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Adobe Document Cloud forum.

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add the ability to set defaults for the Share feature, So that Send as Attachment can be set as the default

Please add the ability to set defaults for the Share feature, So that Send as Attachment can be set as the default

34 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

49 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Set Default Font for Edit Tool

Why can we not set a default font in our editing tool. One already seems to be the default, but I can't change it.

34 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  21 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Create option for email icon to send as attachment with default email always

Email button on the tool bar requires 2 more click than in the previous version. This is extremely clunky if you spend a lot of time sharing multiple pdfs with multiple people.

Now you have to click the letter button > Send as attachment> Use default email. Compared to just clicking the icon.

30 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Re-enable emailing without saving first!!!

Up until the last update, it was possible to email a pdf without first saving it. It is a total waste of time and space to have to save something you don't need to keep just to be able to email it.
          PLEASE FIX THIS BACK THE WAY IT WAS!!!!!!!

11 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Highlight properties multiple Colours

Would it be possible to make a small enhancement under highlight properties.

Can development add addition default colours to allow for quick selection.

When I study I highlight my documents and use an array of colour to keep concepts together.

It detracts from the process having drill down separately adjust opacity and colour.

10 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Select default font for Add new text in editing

While editing a PDF, user should be able to select her default font.

10 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  10 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • revert "Save As" dialogue

Acrobat DC's Save As dialogue is horrible. Why does this product need to differentiate from a typical Save As--even from the rest of Adobe's products? I want to immediately be able to choose Desktop or Documents or whatever, and not have to click an additional "Choose a Different Folder..." button, just because my save location does not appear in the recent short list.

8 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We are closing this request as we haven’t got further info on this.

Please reach out to us again if you have more concerns.

Thanks
                  Ayush

• Make Tools easier to access

In the new version od Adobe Acrobat (Pro DC) I can now longer show the highlight tool and other tools on the top toolbar - I need to click a few times to show the Comment tools. This wastes a lot of time.

8 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Tools

1. You should be able to "pin" tool bars of your choosing and have them automatically be in your workspace when you open a pdf.

This use to work and now does not. It is extremely frustrating.

2. There are way too many clicks involved to open up the navigation pane. I should not have to memorize shortcuts to do such a simple task.

8 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • How do I simply create a signature and store it??? You are getting too technical and overlooking the little stuff...

How do I simply create a signature and store it??? You are getting too technical and overlooking the little stuff..

7 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Emailing PDF Files

I do not like the fact that I cannot just simply send a PDF as an email attachment any longer with the new upgrade 10-3-18.

Having to go through all the steps of going the the share process is very inconvenient when you have to send hundreds of different PDF through the course of the day.

6 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Cannot fix resolution problem because the Apply button isn't visible, due to resolution problem

The banner (top of the frame) is too large, as is the Find box when you ctrl+F. When you try to fix this in the properties area, this area is also too large. I am assuming this is making an apply button run off of the visible area of the window. When i try to fix the resolution (from Auto-Detect, which I'm assuming is also part of the problem) to 100% it doesn't fix it when I close the window (which is why I assume there is an "apply" button that I cannot see or use - See Bottom of…

6 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Since we haven’t got further updates from you on this. We are closing this issue for now.
                            Please reach out to us again if you have further concerns

Thanks
                            Ayush

• Ugh.... I hate this new interface. Where is my comment text box with arrow???

Is there anyway to go back to the prior view? I understand that sometimes updates need to be done, however, existing functionality should not be taken away.

6 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • It would be great to set a default font AND color when editing a document.

It would be great to set a default font AND color when editing a document.

6 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • 6 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Enable a way to have a drop down menu blank (no items selected) until clicked

Please enable a way to have the drop down menus on PDF forms blank until clicked on. If the item list has three or less items, you can click the blank space (Under dropdown properties > options > item list) but if there are four or more list items, one of them is always selected and shows on the drop down list (not blank.)

6 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Display navigation pane by default

We still desperately need to be able to show the navigation bar by default. I understand that certain features of it may not be available due to settings in the PDF. I use this program to view 99% of the time and it's a real hassle clicking around every time, to show the thumbnails.

Every rudimentary viewer allows thumbnails to be shown by default and I believe previous versions of Acrobat did as well.

Please allow this navigation pane and the selected tab to be sticky.

6 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • 64 bit IE plugin - required to run IE 11 with Enhanced Protected Mode

Adobe Reader XI was given a 64 bit IE plugin in patch 11.0.7, but the 64 bit IE plugin has not been included with Adobe Acrobat XI.

1. 64 bit IE plugin - required to run IE 11 with Enhanced Protected Mode
                                      2. Include the same 64 bit IE plugin, that was added to Adobe Reader XI in patch 11.0.7, to Adobe Acrobat XI
                                      3. Verified in Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2
                                      4. When IE 11 is configured with Enhanced Protected Mode, sites that are in the Trusted Zone open in a 32-bit process and will use the 32…

6 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Why doesn't my email signature get used when sending PDF files via Adobe directly

Why doesn't my email signature get used when sending PDF files via Adobe directly

6 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Edit images in PDFs

I want to edit images in a PDF document with simple controls like rotate, crop etc.

6 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
                                          • Don't see your idea?
                                          Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base