Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

61 results found

1. Add an option to the Microsoft Word Adobe Acrobat driver that allows to save as PDF with the "Navigation Tab" - "Bookmarks panel and Page" property of the PDF file activated by default.
    Currently it needs to be activated manually. The driver only saves with the "Navigation Tab" - "Page Only" option.
    Other Drivers such as AutoCAD; however, save as PDF with the "Navigation Tab" - "Bookmarks panel and Page" property of the PDF file activated by default.
    Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When converting documents that contain embedded documents to PDF, the final product should keep those embedded documents intact instead of converting them to images - forcing you to go back one by one and reembed the document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Adobe Team,

I have created several thousand Acrobat DC PDFs that contain multiple embedded videos. All of those thousands of PDFs worked pretty much perfectly. Now, due to discontinuation of Flash, none work. I cannot create those PDFs with embedded video. What a nightmare. Please, if you can create a new version of Acrobat DC that restores the capability to embed video, I'll be happy to send flowers! Or money, how about money!? Everything else works fine with Acrobat DC... get the capability back! Thanks, Scott

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When using PDF Maker 20 with MS Office 365, the tag tree is missing the document root tag. Has a Sect tag instead of Document tag.

Please correct this tag structure to meet the PDF 2.0 tag standards requirements.

Screen capture shows the error.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I need Microsoft Access to "add in" or be able to create multiple documents into one pdf. I had this in an older version.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be extremely useful to those who use one of the various LaTeX typesetting engines (pdfLaTeX, XeLaTeX, LuaLaTeX, etc.) to have SyncTeX integration for Adobe Acrobat

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I recieve the error when using the PDFMaker Plug-in to create a PDF in excess of 7,000 Outlook messages:

"You have chosen to convert a very large number of email messages. Please try again with a folder or selection having fewer messages."

I would like the limit to be raised to in excess of 10 or 15 thousand.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently, PDFMaker tags table headers as <TH> when "Header Row" and/or "First Column" are checked in Word. However, it does not change the default scope, column span, or row span of the headers based on these values.

Description of desired feature:
    * For each table header tag added by "Header Row", set the Scope attribute to "Column".
    * For each table header tag added by "First Column", set the Scope attribute to "Row".
    * If both "Header Row" and "First Column" are checked, and the data cell in the first row and column is not empty, set the Scope attribute…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The Acrobat Plugin for Microsoft Outlook on Windows, which enables Users to create an Adobe PDF Portfolio from any Mailbox or Folder while preserving the "From", "Subject" and "Date" fields while also embedding all attachments, is an INCREDIBLY powerful feature that is crucial to many of our business practices. Unfortunately, at this time, this feature is only available on the Windows version of Microsoft Outlook, thus forcing me to run a Windows 10 Virtual Machine explicitly to perform this task. If the Adobe team could implement this feature on macOS versions of Microsoft Outlook, I would be incredibly grateful as…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be very helpful if in the "Merge to Adobe PDF" function/plugin under Mailings in Microsoft Word to be able to specify a filename from the fields of my dataset. In other words, I would like to be able to have a column in my dataset that the plugin uses for naming files. It's horrible having to rename a hundred documents if you want to distribute PDFs.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When creating multiple PDF's, if I choose to place them in the source folder, everything works fine, and all files are being converted into PDF, remaining the source structure. But I end up with a folder structure with mixed files (Word and PDF) next to each other. I do want a different output folder, but preserving my source folder structure. This way I get a new output structure, with only PDF-files in the structure. This option is currently not possible. When selecting a different output folder, all files are created directly into that new main folder. I would like to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I find myself unable to convert a word document file to pdf with proper hyperlinks for the table of contents. Please either increase the size limit for conversion of the files on Document Cloud and/or enable preferences option in Microsoft application for better conversion of files including attaining the hyperlinks in the documents and other features.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When creating a pdf from a Word file, it would be useful to be able to set the default zoom of the file.
    From posts on other platforms, it appears that some get random default zooms on their files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adobe Acrobat has been compatible with the major business application like MS Outlook or Lotus/IBM Notes since a long time.

With the version 10 of IBM Notes (that was October 2018) Adobe Acrobat 2017 is no longer compatible with this email suite.

The PDFMaker Addin did a great job in creating PDFs from Mail.
    Unlike just "printing to PDF" the right border has not been cut when the text was too long and the PDFMaker did include all attachments from the mail into the final PDF.

So the Adobe Acrobat was a perfect companion for documenting approvals and other buisiness…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I wish the application can convert outlook email with attachments into a single pdf with attachments immediately following the email. It will be ideal if a whole folder of emails can be converted with same format of file names that can be chosen by the user

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We have a functionality till Acrobat DC October 2018 release which shows the page number when combining the PDF files on Page thumbnail. This feature was enhanced in such a way that now the users have to rollover the mouse to the document to see the number of pages. It would be great if we can have a separate column which shows the page numbers in such a way we can have both complete view of the document in Page thumbnail and the page number as well without rolling over the mouse cursor to PDF.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide support for HEIC files. This is apple's new standard and lots of clients send over these image files like jpegs that need to be inserted into my pdfs. PDF is intended to be the "universal" format so this seems like an obvious addition. Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I've used this tool for years and have turned to 3rd party vendors for better options. Adobe should step in and revamp this tool.

For me the issue with this tool is the processing features. I cannot add multiple folders containing multiple files and output aggregate PDF's that correspond to each folder. The same is true with more complex file/folder structures where I may wish to add and combine specific sub-folders from specific directories into aggregated PDF's.

Moreover, the file naming features could benefit from an upgrade in features. I'd like to have the option of renaming a new aggregate…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In the PDF Maker plug-in for MS Office, add additional controls in the PDF Preference settings to make accessible PDFs:

Set the Display Title options to a drop-down menu with the choices of Document Title or File Name.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There should be a way that you can drag/drop an email into Adobe so that it converts the email (Outlook) into a PDF, and ALSO converts and combines the attachments onto the PDF. The way I know to do this is extremely clunky and includes having to download each attachment separately to later have to use the combine feature to add each one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?