Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. File > Save As has stopped working

A few days ago Adobe Acrobat updated, and now the File > Save As dialog box comes up blank. Now I am reduced to just saving the file and then saving it to a another file pathname using Windows Explorer. :-(

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Roland,

Thanks for trying out the latest update and apologies for the inconvenience caused. We are investigating the issue and will release a fix soon.

Regards,
    Sandeep

2. Accessibility Errors with PDF Maker Update Sept 2021

Several major bugs have been documented by users in the Adobe Community Forums since Acrobat and PDF Maker were updated on September 14, 2021.

They are:

1: Alt-Text from MS Word is not converting into the PDF. Instead, it is dropped and gibberish code is inserted. See https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/alt-text-converting-wrong-from-word-to-pdf/m-p/12393017 This violates the PDF/UA-1 standard which requires that every graphic have alt-text that verbally describes the graphic.

THIS IS A HUGE BUG. You essentially have made Acrobat unusable for those who are required by their country's laws to make fully accessible PDFs.

2: Every cell border on every table cell is being…

182 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for raising these accessibility issues. The post mentions about the following six bugs being introduced with the update that went live on September 14, 2021:

1: Alt-Text for images from MS Word is not converting into the PDF. Instead, it is dropped and gibberish code is inserted.
    2: Every cell border on every table cell is being tagged as P tag with PathPathPathPath
    3: The underline on Hyperlinks should be tagged as artifacts
    4: Borders and background shadings on Text Boxes are being tagged as a combination of Figure tags and PathPathPath
    5: Paragraph borders and shadings: same deal as #4 above.Per the PDF/UA-1 standard, they are visually decorative and should be artifacted
    6: Dragging and dropping elements in both the Tag and Order panels is now broken

Would like to mention that out of these, #1 and #6 were introduced with the Sep 14…

3. Add an option to "save as PDF" from MS Word with "Bookmarks panel and Page" by default

Add an option to the Microsoft Word Adobe Acrobat driver that allows to save as PDF with the "Navigation Tab" - "Bookmarks panel and Page" property of the PDF file activated by default.
    Currently it needs to be activated manually. The driver only saves with the "Navigation Tab" - "Page Only" option.
    Other Drivers such as AutoCAD; however, save as PDF with the "Navigation Tab" - "Bookmarks panel and Page" property of the PDF file activated by default.
    Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. embedded

When converting documents that contain embedded documents to PDF, the final product should keep those embedded documents intact instead of converting them to images - forcing you to go back one by one and reembed the document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Acrobat DC - Please create version that will enable embeded video

Adobe Team,

I have created several thousand Acrobat DC PDFs that contain multiple embedded videos. All of those thousands of PDFs worked pretty much perfectly. Now, due to discontinuation of Flash, none work. I cannot create those PDFs with embedded video. What a nightmare. Please, if you can create a new version of Acrobat DC that restores the capability to embed video, I'll be happy to send flowers! Or money, how about money!? Everything else works fine with Acrobat DC... get the capability back! Thanks, Scott

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Error with PDF Maker: missing <Document> tag

When using PDF Maker 20 with MS Office 365, the tag tree is missing the document root tag. Has a Sect tag instead of Document tag.

Please correct this tag structure to meet the PDF 2.0 tag standards requirements.

Screen capture shows the error.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adobe Acrobat - Excel Cell Contents Paste As Image

Adobe Acrobat version 21.001.20135 appears to have a bug related to pasting contents from Excel and LibreOffice. The contents will paste in as an image instead of text in the focused textbox being edited. Troubleshooting this with Adobe support had no luck, but Adobe support was able to successfully downgrade me to version 20.013.20064, which does not have this issue. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC v.2019.008.20071 crashes on "Fill & Sign"

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC v.2019.008.20071 crashes as soon as I click on "Fill & Sign". No error message either.
    I installed the latest version from the site (v.2019.008.20071) but the problem still persists.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Looks like you are on older version. Requesting you to please upgrade to the latest version by going to Help > check for Updates.

Please let us know if you still face the issue.

Regards,
    Sandeep

9. Unwanted fields in fill & sign form

The form below is an Adobe PDF printout from an Excel spreadsheet. For some reason, fill & sign always adds unwanted, mandatory fields to my document, they just appear, and I have to delete them every time. I send this form for signature dozens of times per week, so this is becoming more time consuming the more I use fill and sign. Your help with this bug would be most appreciated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow the option which to update email database

I currently have an Adobe Acrobat DC Pro account and regularly use the e-signature option. I love that the emails usually populate when I begin typing the name/email address. We recently changed email domains within our organization and I have several old or incorrect email addresses in my "contact list". This has led to the selection of incorrect emails and I have to cancel the signature requests and start the process over again.

After an extensive chat with one of your techs, it was explained the option which to remove or delete obsolete or incorrect emails is only available on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Self-signature in Fill & Sign

I've been advised by customer service that it's impossible to issue a document to yourself ONLY to sign - it MUST also go to someone else. This doesn't sound like it makes sense but apparently that's the way it is.
    So, functionality should exist that I can put a document in the cloud or issue it to myself only to sign, which I can then pick up on mobile phone so that I can sign with my finger.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to remove incorrect emails from Auto-Complete

I use Acrobat Pro to "Request Signatures". In the past I have misspelled email addresses and now they show up in the auto-complete. Would love a way to clear our incorrect emails or even just clear out all auto-complete emails and start over.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Many time i sign outs of dc..i have to resign in why?

there should be a program to tune DC to cloud

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Buttons on Acrobat Pro DC Start Disappearing

I use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC a lot for my job, the fill and sign option, for about 5 - 6 hours a day. At least 2 times a day, randomly, I will try to access the fill and sign toolbar and as I scroll over the buttons, they just start disappearing. Luckily I have memorized the ones I need and can still save, shut the program down and reopen it. But, seriously....should I really even need to do that?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. is it possible for you to share a snapshot of the toolbar? Also does this happens with every PDF file?

Regards,
    Sandeep

15. Scope and associated header cells in tables should show when you hover over a cell

It would be amazing if you didn't have to go all the way inside Cell Properties to check and see what a header cell's scope is set as, and what header cells are associated with any given cell in a table. If, once you were already inside Table Editor, that information would be available when you hover over any given cell (could be a feature that can be turned on or off), it would save so much time and effort in a very tedious job.

When a table is really large or complicated, it can be easy to lose your…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Thank you for connecting with us. I have shared your concern with the higher management. I’ll update you on the request one I receive a response.

Meanwhile, check out the new features on latest version of Acrobat Pro DC.

Thanks
    Rachit

16. Command + Cursor Left Navigates Rather Than Moves Cursor

When using Acrobat (Mac version) and Adobe Sign the key sequence command + cursor left navigates the page resulting in loss of work. The expected behavior (typical for an application) is that this sequence moves the cursor. I think this is happening because of how the functionality is simply presented from the web in the app, but it's annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unable to change the colour for checkmark

Unable to change the colour for checkmark

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Please provide the below information :

1. What happens when you choose the added checkmark an change the color?
    2. Are you able to change it for other annotations like cross, line etc ?

Regards,
    Sandeep

18. Microsoft Access Multipage

I need Microsoft Access to "add in" or be able to create multiple documents into one pdf. I had this in an older version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. synctex integration to acrobat

It would be extremely useful to those who use one of the various LaTeX typesetting engines (pdfLaTeX, XeLaTeX, LuaLaTeX, etc.) to have SyncTeX integration for Adobe Acrobat

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. open in adobe from SharePoint

Please work with MicroSoft and add the ability to open a file in the Adobe desktop app directly from SharePoint and include the ability to save back to SharePoint using the libraries versioning settings. I know we can add libraries via adobe to do this, but I need to access hundreds of libraries and its just too hard the way things are currently setup.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base