Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Adobe Document Cloud forum.

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Full Tools, Menu customisation

Acrobat DC wastes so much screen space in non-customisable areas - It is common to 'snap' the Acrobat Application to Half-Screen - but doing so hides many menu Tools, but ALWAYS leaves 'Home, Tools, Document & then The Login Name. - These are rarely (never) used.
    Please allow them to be Hidden, Or return Menu/Tool icons to a 'normal' design/style as used in the previous 10 versions of Acrobat.
    'PRO' does not = Tablet user.

292 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  118 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Ability to add more toolbars

It was very cool in early versions that it was possible to add more toolbars. Its annoying that the space is limited for the extra tools I want to add into the tool bar.
      I would like to ask for adding the ability to add a new-line/toolbar so all the tools I add can be visible without need to expand a menu by clicking on the dots at the right side.

159 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  28 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Time saving toolbars

Give us more useful Toolbar with plenty of stuff - must make endless useless clicks to access simple things. Just to Open a page needs 2 clicks! This wastes time. Hover over text that fan open files would help.

This is a terrible product to use - thank goodness for the free stuff Foxit and PDF Creator. Not user friendly and pro-production at all.

135 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  24 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Reopen PDFs Launched in previous sessions on Opening Acrobat/Reader

A Prereference in Acrobat should be there which loads the last session of opened tabs/pdfs on relaunching. Also could provide options to save/load previous sessions.
          This may be Important to the users who work on several pdfs at a time but wish to retain the opened docs in the next Acrobat session.
          Also Session could be managed to retain even after machine restart and then launching acrobat.

123 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  37 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Remove tools sidebar selector, or make it an option, or an option to move it to the top or the bottom

The tool sidebar is too close to the scroll bar, and make it difficult to use and select the scroll bar, which is almost always used. Make the position and/or the visibility of the tools sidebar a preference, since this redundant control is available using many other existing ways. This is the must frustrating, duplicative, and unusually located user control I have seen in many years.

68 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  21 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Precise placement of objects in Prepare Form and Edit Form

I would like to see a "transform" capability similar to InDesign, with a panel or set of boxes in which the actual pixel X & Y coordinates, as well as the dimensions of an object, can be precisely set. Currently, the resolution on this type of placement appears to be set at 2 points, and I would like to be able to fine-tune that to pixels or 10,000ths of an inch as I can in InDesign. That's the basic idea, but read on for rationale.
              I work mainly in InDesign to create pdf forms that I then take into Acrobat…

59 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I have forwarded your request to engineering. It will be picked up after prioritization. We will contact you if we need some more information on this.
                Thank you for your patience.

• Dock Properties Bar

Through version 9, the properties bar was dock-able. Since X it is not, but it should be. Properties are always useful, it is annoying to have it floating over the document when I have toolbar space at the top of my screen sitting empty and gray and sad. I get that the properties toolbar is context sensitive so it will grow and shrink, but it was in 9 also. Please make all toolbars dockable!

55 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  12 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • 52 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Create Expandable Text Field Forms

Adobe Acrobat Pro needs to have the ability to create expandable text field forms that allow the text box to expand when the user types similar to what you can do with Livecycle.

This is a feature that has been requested a lot online. Currently Acrobat Pro only allows multi-line text field forms with a scroll bar, but you cannot create an expanding text field form that increases in the height of the text field to accomodate more text.

The functionality to create this even in Livecycle is too clunky and complicated to use.

49 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Adobe Acrobat Pro XI vs. Adobe Acrobat DC

Can we get the Acrobat XI version of the Scanning stuff back? This multiple page setup in order to get to scanning a document is horrendous. When you update things, try to avoid bloating them into more steps, more bells and whistles that are just eye candy and do little to enhance anything....I like when we go update and find out that the newer version has less garbage on it, less junk added to it for overall performance gain instead of the industry standard of new versions = more bloated programming = less productivity and horrible GUI - Why does…

47 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  19 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Arabic script with Fill & Sign

This topic has been discussed before, but I want to share one thing the team might find useful.

Now we tell all Acrobat users that Adobe Fill and Sign doesn't support Arabic. But when you look at it, we are able to type Arabic very well on Desktop machines and mobile devices.

On a Mac for instance, as an Adobe CC subscriber, I have to choose English in Preferences for my Acrobat language in order to show [ Fill & Sign, Send and Track, and Send for Signature ] features in Tools workspace. If I go and change Acrobat language…

43 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  17 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Spell Checker

A fully functional spell checker is necessary for Acrobat DC (17.009).

Frequently I get documents requiring proof-reading and the only option is to export as a DOCX, run a spell checker there and, for every error, go back to DC and either comment the error or correct it myself. Not ideal, to say the least.

Such functionality would also provide useful features. For example, to check French text has the correct accents or, even, being able to "translate" from US English to British English

43 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • more than 2 signature / initial options for fill & sign tool

Only 2 signature / initial images can be stored currently. Every time I want another signature I have to swap out an existing image for one from my files. It would be hugely beneficial to be able to maintain a much larger selection of stored signatures / initials for completing documents for multiple members of the household.

38 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • It would be great if Acrobat was multi=threaded. I routinely have to OCR 4000 page documents which almost always fail and take hours

Acrobat needs to be multithreaded. I have a top of the line machine with 32g of ram and an I7-6700k processor an m2 SSD, yet am unable to successfully run OCR on a 4000 page document without splitting it up into 250-500page chunks, which is cumbersome. Even then, acrobat will only use 12% of my resources.

34 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • TO: Adobe Acrobat Pro and Edit .Pdf Team: Please, please, please - you must make the edit .pdf tool much more user friendly. Terrible for

I just spent the last 2 hours trying to change the margins and the paragraph spacing on a simple document with just 4 pages.

YOU MUST GO BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD AND MAKE YOUR TOOLS MUCH MORE USER FRIENDLY TO THE AVERAGE PERSON. UNTIL ADOBE FIGURES OUT HOW TO MAKE THEIR TOOLS MORE USER-FRIENDLY, YOU WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE CUSTOMERS IN THE MEANTIME. GREAT TOOLS AND RESOURCES - awful user-friendly applications. When we spend 2 hours with an Adobe customer support person on chat who cannot even do this simple task with time efficiency, then it is clear to…

31 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Font Color should be available for change in the FIll and Sign

In our Industry all fill and sign portions of a form are required to be completed in Blue, therefore, the fill and sign portion should have the availability to change font colors.

28 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Add Search Function/Box to Cloud File Storage Services (e.g. Box, Dropbox, Onedrive)

We need the ability to query a Cloud storage account for a present folder (and the ability to create a new folder) when opening or saving files directly from Adobe Acrobat.

Since it seems Adobe uses the same infrastructure for all cloud storage systems, if this is implemented for one company, I'd imagine it'd be entered for all compatible ones (Box, Dropbox, Onedrive, etc.).

We already have this functionality in the Microsoft Office integrations of these same cloud providers, so using Acrobat significantly slows the process of opening or saving files from the cloud when one has to go through…

26 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Smooth Scrolling

We want real smooth scrolling (not just continuous scrolling).

I mean that kind of scroll we get when using a web browser. SMOOTH scrolling! It would also look like dragging text with a "hand tool" in Reader but with a mouse wheel.

Current method makes text jump one or three lines at a time (depending on your mouse settings), which pretty much irritating!

I appreciate your attention.

26 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Tool bars in acrobat Pro DC

DC Pro is very flash with some nice fearures. However, It is extremely frsutrating that it is not possible to open more than one tool bar at a time. For example - it is not unusual to want to edit AND comment - as this requires two tool bars for access to the different tools, there is a slow and annoying requirement to close and open tool bars when trying to edit and comment on work . Please consider reviewing. This was so much more efficient in Acrobat 10. thanks

24 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Acrobat CC excessive Ram usage

Acrobat CC has suddenly started using excessive amounts of RAM to the point that it is paused and has to be quit and restarted. This also happens if left alone with no files open.
                                          Having pitstop plugin open or not makes no difference. This is on an imac retina 5k late 2014 with 16gbs ram and only started happening Sept 1 2017, Acrobat CC has been installed for at least a year with no issues (and other versions before that have not had this issue).
                                          The RAM usage seems to increase much more quickly if it is an image heavy…

23 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
                                          • Don't see your idea?
                                          Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base