Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

115 results found

1. Link Alternative text is not accessible -- the latest version of Acrobat is not creating an /Alt entry in the Tag Element when you add alternative text using the Link Alternative text box. Therefore, alternative text added with version 2023.003.20215 Acrobat DC Pro will not be read by a screen reader or other AT. Previous versions of Acrobat created an /Alt entry in the Tag Element when Alternative text was added to a Link Tag. This version does not.
    What is the purpose of providing an Alternate Description for Links field if it will not be accessible to AT? If…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. This is fixed in the latest update of Acrobat Pro DC. Please update to the latest version and check. 

Incase you face any issue, please connect with us.

Thanks

Rachit

2. These options can allow for a smoother reading experience. Also, a good chunk of the population has neck and shoulder issues, and autoscrolling allows one to read without constantly having one arm curled forward on the mouse or keyboard.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Text in PDFs is too light--much harder to read than in older versions of Acrobat Pro. Zooming in doesn't help. Please restore darker text to make documents legible without eyestrain!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you, I believe the issue is resolved on your side.

Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

4. When we change the reading order in Accessibility of images in a scanned and OCR'd document, the image becomes a grey or white box and no longer shows the image if we move it in the reading order. If you move it back to the original location in the reading order, the grey box disappears. If you save it once the grey box appears, it's permanent. We have tried working with support and they've witnessed the issue happen. The open case may be under cheil@wooster.edu but I don't have the case number handy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

5. Would love for alt text to be part of the searchable text in Acrobat's "Find" function—whether that's alt text that's been added in Acrobat as a tag or has been set up prior in another program (like INDD).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thanks for connecting with us. We have taken you suggestion and we have kept it in our radar. Currently we do not plan to implement it in near future but you may see it coming in future releases.

Thanks
    Rachit

6. I am interested in being able to auto-tag a part of a page, such as a table, for example. Can you let me know where Adobe is in term of implementing the partial auto-tag suggestion. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be great to have a function that allows you to scroll left to right - as well as - up and down.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thanks for connecting with us. I have share the request with the management and we do not plan to implement it right now. We have kept it in our radar and will provide the support in near future.

Thanks
    Rachit

8. We need a way to setup adobe Pro to automatically utilize the accessbility scanner when saving a doc to become more ADA compliant.

Out of the box, this should be a feature we can turn on.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    You can check the Accessibility of a pdf by running the Run Accessibility Check feature in Accessibility App.
    Also we have kept this request in a radar and will try to provide the support in future.

Please check out latest features on Acrobat Pro DC.

Thanks
    Rachit

9. I am a PhD student and have switched to Adobes pdf viewer because I think it is the best one (google and edge do not offer the same accessibility for mark up etc.) The one thing that I love about google and edge is that you can set them to open the previously viewed document. I read a lot of articles and use the tabs as a sort of reading to-do list. But when I close adobe (or my computer restarts) that list disappears, I have to either remember them or go to the recently opened files to open them…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks
    Rachit

10. I am just updating my resume to be more accessible to vision impaired. I am having trouble with some items running together in read-aloud.

In Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

My favoured option would be that we have the option to insert a <pause> object in the reading order.

If this is not possible, can you change Read-Aloud to pause between elements.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks
    Rachit

11. We noticed that your PDF viewer doesn't have AccSupp ActualText support. This means that copy-pasting technical text such as shellscripts and programming code, does not work in your PDF viewer and this greatly restrains the use of your whole program.

The replacement text is said to be supported, according to the file "Document management - Portable document format - Part 1: PDF 1.7" both on Table 323, page 559, and on section 14.9.4, page 615. Available here: https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/pdf/PDF32000_2008.pdf.

But according to the tests made using PDFs produced by pdflatex using the package accsupp, the replacement text support seems to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I understand your concern here. I have shared this with the higher management. We currently do not have any plan to implement it but we have kept it in our radar and will pick up in future,

Check the latest features in Acrobat Pro DC by keeping the software on latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

12. Working with tagging of PDF documents for accessibility purposes, with a lot of them being nearly identical to each other or within a document there are repeated patterns, it takes a long time and a tidious task to create tags individually. It would be a very neat if it were possible to Copy/Paste the (selected) tag strutucture within the Tags-panel (excluding any actual content they may contain)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Read out loud to end or read this page only: The ability to start from anywhere (make option available using right+click from selected area of the document). It's maddening to have to listen to the document over and over and over and over and over and over and over... when troubleshooting order errors. TIA

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you and this is a feature request, we have kept it in a radar.

Thanks
    Rachit

14. Read to end of document only reads a single page or sometimes doesn't read at all.

(PS is this the same Rachit who use to work for the Forest Service? If so, I hope you are doing well. I'm still waiting on a TA for a MacBook Pro :-()

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks
    Rachit

15. Auto Generate Cell IDs adds a space to the end of IDs which are not long enough, and appears to be including internal spaces. Since cell IDs cannot contain spaces, those headers are not announced by AT when reading the table. (OS: Windows 10 on desktop PC; Acrobat Pro DC 20.012.20043; latest as of 8/30/2020).

The attached file has two identical tables (Word 365, Saved as PDF) with auto-generated header IDs. With the first, NVDA (v 2019.2) only announces the headers for Vegetable, Potassium, and Brocolli. All other headers have spaces at the end, and the IDs for % DV…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

With the latest release of Acrobat on June 14, 2022, this issue has been addressed.

If your product is not already updated, you can manually do so from within the product.  Click on the menu Help-> Check for updates.

Thanks

Rachit

16. Trimakasih

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It's been over ten years since I sold the tech company I owned for 22 years. I've been enjoying retirement...until about a month ago! A friend recruited me to help convert some hard copy documents, produced in the mid-eighties, and make them into accessible PDF files. She knew I had some background in technology and specifically with creating PDFs from paper. The documents were going to be part of a new web site about the history of ADA! Given the nature of the site, the documents needed to be accessible! I downloaded Acrobat Pro DC (and a couple of screen…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi John,
    Thank you for such a overwhelming feedback. We appreciate your contribution in helping us provide better services to our customers.
    Please check out the latest updates in Acrobat Pro DC for new features.

Thanks
    Rachit

18. How do I save a doc?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. With the newest update, F2 (used universally for renaming across every other PC/Windows program/functionality) was changed to a help function that brings up an Adobe Internet help site.

F1 is used universally for help, and no one needs that much access to Adobe help pages.

F2 should be returned to renaming. Ctrl-F2 is a ridiculous and difficult change for renaming and it's the worst idea ever.

I remediate hundreds of PDFs for accessibility, and having to make a more complicated keystroke to rename tags is a huge problem.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  6 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hi Team
    Please include with Table Control, the option of reading table header with each column value so that it can become easy for person who is trying to understand the contents read
    Also it would be better if user can read a hidden column

Thanks and Regards,
    Manoj Prithiani

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks
    Rachit

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?