Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

578 results found

1. V 21.007.20091
    Crashes to black screen and have to hard power off the machine or a ACROCEF.exe - system error unknown hard error
    Happening on MANY client machines. Having to un-install adobe reader DC to resolve issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Let me repeat honestly because I am exasperated by Adobe's incompetence:
    After decades, when Acrobat Reader starts, it still has not figured out how to reopen pdf files at the right page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you justify this BIG problem after so many years of having created Adobe Reader?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your query.
    This feature is already available in Acrobat Reader. Here is how you can turn that on.

1) Go to Edit → Preferences → “Documents” Tab
    2) Select the checkbox for “Restore last view settings when reopening documents”

This preference will make sure that your Acrobat reader remembers the last view of the pdf when it was closed and reopened.

Hope it helps ?

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

3. Dear leader, hello, I reported 17 stack exhaustion vulnerabilities to Adobe's security department through hackerone. This type of vulnerabilities have always been given cve numbers and thank you(e.g. CVE-2020-3753/CVE-2020-3756/CVE-2020-9611/CVE-2020-9702/CVE-2020-9703/CVE-2017-16419), but your security department notified me that these 17 bugs that I reported will not be given cve numbers and acknowledgements, I think it is unfair to me. And these 16 vulnerabilities did have an impact on your products, I also made contributions, I deserve the cve number and acknowledgements. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Acrobat Reader DC should have a setting similar to Chrome based browsers to "Remember where I left off". Example - I have have 5 tabs for 5 different PDFs I'm reviewing, it would be extremely helpful to be able to shut down the app and have it reopen all 5 tabs again when reopening the app

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The copy paste function doesn't work with words that contain letters with accents on my Mac running Big Sur. Letters with accents paste as a space. It doesn't matter where I paste the text. The result is the same. This is a real problem for people using languages with a lot of accents. I'm able to open the same PDF using Preview and copy/paste the same text and see all the letters.

I opened another PDF that was created years ago with accented letters. The copy/paste worked in my browser and in Preview. I had the same problem when copying/pasting…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'm working on a book and constantly use very large documents (300-600 pages) that I need to search through for specific terms. Trying to search for something as simple as a single word doesn't work 95% of the time. The app either (1) freezes and never returns results or (2) presents hundreds or even thousands of results for the first letter(s) of the term I entered in the search box. Ironically, I've uploaded those same huge PDFs to my iPhone and Adobe Acrobat Reader works perfectly, easily finding those exact same words in those exact same huge documents within second.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'm working on a book and constantly use very large documents (300-600 pages) that I need to search through for specific terms. Trying to search for something as simple as a single word doesn't work 95% of the time. The app either (1) freezes and never returns results or (2) presents hundreds or even thousands of results for the first letter(s) of the term I entered in the search box. Ironically, I've uploaded those same huge PDFs to my iPhone and Adobe Acrobat Reader works perfectly, easily finding those exact same words in those exact same huge documents within second.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When adding a correction which involves a superscript number or letter, when I "post" the correction the superscript is changed to a subscript.
    I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (21.001.20149) with windows 10

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We are using Adobe Reader 21.001.20145 (32 bit) Optional update, Mar 10, 2021 and Office 2013 Version 15.0.5275.1000 (32 bit) on Windows Server 2012 R2 with all updates installed (March 2021)

The error occurs after sending an email (successfully) using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 21.001.20145. If you then close Acrobat Reader, the program crashes with the error 32BitMAPIBroker.exe (see screenshot attached).

The problem does not occur with an older version, fe. 2020.006.20034 of Acrobat Reader .

The same problem existed before, here is the reference to it

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/sending-mapi-mail-via-send-button-still-works-but-when-closing-the-reader-it-will-crash/td-p/11370238

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. having auto save without having to use a cloud cause I almost always use the reader offline to not get distracted and because we have a really slow internet in our area that would take so long to save and open a pdf file it would be great .
    Thanks .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When you select and open a list of pdfs, the tabs are currently opened in a seemingly random order. It would be very helpful if they opened in list order. I either have to open each file one at a time, or spend ages re-ordering tabs. It's frustrating, and impacts my work every day (because I need to open many pdfs at once, in order).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. the option not change the paper size anymore on documents where it's ok before the update

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. i'd like to perform a text/content search in adobe reader dc which considers all pdf documents which are open in adobe readerdc at this time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Edit >> Preferences >> Language >> Application Language.

Change to CHOOSE AT APPLICATION STARTUP

This setting is IGNORED: No way to choose at startup, and the setting reverts back to English.

Windows 10, 2004, Adobe Acrobat Reader ver. 2020.013.20064

Reproduced on 2 different machines.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 2 pages side to side in full screen mode, without any menu's on the screen .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Just wanted to report a "problem"? When searching through a LONG document (over
    12000 pages), Reader DC gets confused and instead searches for just the first word in a search string (with multiple
    words). Once you start the search, it will hang up and eventually return when it finds the first word in the entered search
    string. If you then reposition back to the start of the document, you can then search for your entered multi-word search
    string and successfully find it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. First of the all it's not an IDEA it's a bug. As of the latest version (20.12.20048) Arabic RTL is broken; Even though letters are coming in the right order, they are disconnected. For Hebrew it should be okay since Hebrew letters are not connected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Need to allow users to open PDFs directly in/from SharePoint, and digitally sign/save directly back to SharePoint. This would mimic other office document behavior. Without this feature, we will be forced to abandon Adobe PDFs for digital signature requirements. Requiring users to download, sign, and upload (vice just sign) does not cut it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable multiple IDs to log into Adobe on the same computer at the same time. Ex: one ID for professional use and one for personal use.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Acrobat Reader DC was updated to ver.20.012.20041 the other day.

Since then, the following error message appears when printing with the command.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has stopped working
    The program did not work properly due to a problem.

The program will close and Windows will notify you if there is a solution

Printing is done just by issuing a message.

The command I am using is:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" /n /p /h "<PDF file path>"

The execution environment is as follows.
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @3.40GHz 3.40GHz
    RAM: 8.00GB

The…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here