Skip to content

Adobe Acrobat in Browsers

Help us improve the Acrobat PDF experience in browsers by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report. 

How it works:

• Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like
  • You may also post a comment for the idea
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it 
For a new feature request:
  1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed
For a new bug:
  1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Adobe Acrobat in Browsers

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

46 results found

1. I can't print directly from the page that opens. I have to save it and then open the page and print it. Not convenient. It was working before.

197 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Camille,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Apologies for the inconvenience faced by you. We would require some more details to help investigate your issue.   Requesting you to please share the PDF url that you were trying to print. Would be extremely helpful if you can also share the error message that you are seeing when you are trying to print the document.   Looking forward to hearing from you, so that we can make your experience with the Acrobat extension seamless.   

Thanks and Regards,  

Shilpa Setia 

Lead QA, Adobe

2. Adobe Acrobat keeps asking me to sign when I open pdf in chrome. This behavior is annoying. So I will try to find a different pdf reader.

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Apologies for the inconvenience faced by you. We would require some more details to help investigate your issue. Can you please share screenshot of the login screen that you are getting?

3. The print button requires me to use the "Open in desktop" button to print. After tapping the "open in desktop" it will open and have the print dialogue box open. Seems redundant since I would rather not open it in the desktop to begin with.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. Requesting you to share some additional details with us and try a troubleshooting step to help you further -

• Can you please share the PDF URL (if it is not confidential) OR share the exact steps to reproduce the issue?
    • Also, can you please open these browser settings - chrome://settings/content/pdfDocuments and check if the following setting for opening PDFs in browser is enabled "Open PDFs in Chrome". If not, please toggle from "Download PDFs" to "Open PDFs in Chrome". Now, please try to open PDFs in the Acrobat Viewer and print again.

Hoping the above will resolve your issue. Requesting you to please confirm to us by reverting back if your issue is resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa Setia

4. Ever since this extension installed itself on my browser it takes much longer for PDFs to load. I also have to click the print icon repeatedly before it will finally print anything. I never had these problems until this extension installed itself a week or so ago. I run an etsy business that generates customer shipping labels as PDFs so these problems slow down my work day and it becomes very frustrating very quickly.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. Requesting you to share some additional details with us and try a troubleshooting step to help you further -

• Can you please share the PDF URL (if it is not confidential) OR share the exact steps to reproduce the issue?
    • Also, can you please open these browser settings - chrome://settings/content/pdfDocuments and check if the following setting for opening PDFs in browser is enabled "Open PDFs in Chrome". If not, please toggle from "Download PDFs" to "Open PDFs in Chrome". Now, please try to open PDFs in the Acrobat Viewer and print again.

Hoping the above will resolve your issue. Requesting you to please confirm to us by reverting back if your issue is resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa Setia

5. It won't let me print from the browser adobe acrobat

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa Setia

Lead QA, Adobe

6. The new Chrome extension is VERY SLOW! It takes over 5 seconds to open a PDF from a link, and I have a VERY fast high-end computer. I will see if I can switch back to the old extension while you work out the problems.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Shut off the stupid tour pop up - we aren't first time users.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Bethany,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused due to this issue. Can you please clarify if you are getting the tour pop up everytime you open a new PDF or whenever you start the browser afresh?

Thanks,

Team Adobe

8. I am unable to print ANY pdf's from Chrome. They open in in Chrome and I then have to download them so they open in the Adobe Acrobat program. Only then can I print anything. It's a tedious process. I wish NO pdf would open in a browser window. I've tried to find and change the settings so they don't, but have been unsuccessful. >:o(

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Robin,

So sorry to know about your experience with Chrome extension. Can you please share the PDF URL (if it is not confidential) or share the exact steps to reproduce the issue? That will be very helpful.

Thanks,

Shilpa Setia

Lead QA

9. whatever online print application this is connected to my gmail is SLOW. TURTLE SLOW. SPINNING WHEEL is really getting old. I need the desktop version back. I DO NOT WANT THE NEW APPLICATION FOR PRINTING PDF ONLINE FROM MY GMAIL. HELP!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I clicked on a link from either Chrome or Adobe to open pdf s in Chrome using Adobe, but I hate it. I've tried to "uninstall" this change, but nothing works - neither in Chrome settings nor Adobe. This is extremely annoying. What can I do to undo this change??

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Mke,

Sorry to hear that you are not liking the Acrobat experience. Could you please share your feedback on what issues you are facing and how we can make the experience better?

You can turn it off by clicking on the Acrobat icon in Chrome Extensions and turning off “Use Acrobat in Chrome” toggle. Please see attached screenshot.

Thanks,
    -Ashu Mittal

11. This **** is not working. I should be able to open a simple pdf with Adobe.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I hate this I just want to open a document! What happened? It used to be easy!!!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Shelly,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please share a screenshot so that we can debug at our end. Also, are you not able to view any document or is it specific to a particular document?

Thanks,

Shilpa

Acrobat Team

13. Extremely slow in load my document of 5 pages. Very frustrating when you are in a hurry or trying to show someone the document.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Frequently when trying to print a pdf using the Adobe Acrobat plugin, it just shows random characters instead of the actual document (see attached screenshot).
    It doesn't matter what printer I choose, even if I choose Adobe Acrobat PDF printer.
    So I have to save the pdf file, open it in Acrobat, then print it (a convoluted process).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow to print from Adobe Acrobat Online. When you use the print icon on the screen it does NOTHING! You have to "Open in desktop app" or download the file. Super annoying.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa Setia

16. Since Google chrome did away with cloud print and allowed for a printer attached to the same wi-fi to be used, the print for adobe reader app and extension has not worked. This needs to be fixed as there are many people with the same problem.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Cannot download documents with this extension. There seems to be a bug that was not present before. Thank you!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The print icon won't print as I wanted to print this page. Please fix it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa Setia

19. Only "Print This File" button does NOT work at all. I use the recent ver. of Chrome and this Acrobat for Chrome on Monterey Ver. 12.6. This problem has not solved about a year, so I have to download each pdf file everytime I want to print them out.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa Setia

20. The letter L does not print from the browser extension. I have to download the document and print it from the stand alone program. An additional step that shouldn't be there in the first place.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?