Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

56 results found

1. Using Office 365 with latest updates. Using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2023.003.20244 64-bit.

For multiple PowerPoint presentations, we have seen that if the PowerPoint presentation has an embedded Excel chart or an embedded Excel sheet, when we create a PDF, the resulting PDF has a ghost/shadow type image showing.

This happens when pressing the PowerPoint toolbar button "Create and Share Adobe PDF".

Please note that this shadow/ghosting problem does NOT happen when choosing to print and selecting "Adobe PDF" as the device to print to.

Samples are attached.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Steps to Convert OST to PST File by Manual Method

1. Firstly, open Outlook and then go to the file menu option.
    2. After that, choose the import/export option.
    3. Then, select Export to a file.
    4. Next, pick out the Outlook data file (.pst)
    5. Select whether to convert a particular folder or the entire account.
    6. Verify the included subfolders box.
    7. In the last, Choose a location for the convert OST file to PST and then tap on the finish button.

This method is quite difficult and there are so many possibilities to lose the data so if you do not want to lose…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In recent versions of Word (say the last 6 months), the option "Enable Accessibility and Reflow with tagged Adobe PDF" causes text to be omitted from paragraphs that contain inline images (so obviously it can't be enabled when creating PDFs).

Disabling the feature in the global settings causes the plugin to crash frequently. Disabling through the "Options" dialog in the "Save Adobe PDF File As" dialog avoids the crashing behavior ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

However, confirming a change in that "Options" dialog causes the plugin to ignore the global per-style bookmark inclusion settings (overwriting them with "Include all" or so).

All this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Internal hyperlinks, cross-reference hyperlinks, and TOC hyperlinks made in the latest version of MS Word 365 are not retained by PDF Maker.

Affects: Word 365 version 2109 14430.20270
    Adobe Acrobat 2021.007.0095 and
    Adobe PDF Maker 21 (Library 21.7.123)

These errors are in addition to others listed for PDF Mader at https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/44183082-accessibility-errors-with-pdf-maker-update-sept-20

Hyperlinks from Word are non-functional when exported to PDF via PDF Maker. Affects both traditional hyperlinks and accessible hyperlinks:

— Traditional internal hyperlinks are not clickable.
    — Accessible internal hyperlinks are missing the <Link> / <Link-OBJR> compound tag that provides an accessible hyperlink.

— TOC hyperlinks are not clickable…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your patience. We have investigated this issue and found that this has broken with a recent Office update and would require a fix from Microsoft. 

This has also been raised on Microsoft fourms in several threads and acknowledged and it seems they are investigating this issue. Please follow these threads for updates.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/cross-references-and-toc-in-word-do-not-work-when/712d50ee-e8dc-4266-9810-bb2d20dcc2c3

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/when-i-export-a-word-to-pdf-the-table-of-contents/66421104-a501-4b1c-851e-86cd25744e4c

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/exporting-hyperlinks-to-pdf-from-word/4b792dc6-b045-46f2-88c4-9d94125fbeb8

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/cross-reference-links-eg-table-of-content-table-of/181567c4-6cfe-4749-923e-452c75ba0c5f

As a workaround, please revert to older version of Office to make links work.

Thanks

Tanvi

5. We are trying to create a PDF document without active Hyperlinks since the PDF will be sent to external sources and persons.
    We/I have tried to use Save as Adobe PDF, print to Adobe PDF and other options through Adobe utility but all document created do have active hyperlinks in them.
    We do not wish to have users click on the hyperlink and navigate to that particular site.
    Current workaround is to create a PDF, open the PDF in Acrobat Pro and save it again.
    We cannot ask our people to do that manually each time for each document since…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

You can create PDFs from Office applications without active hyperlinks by unchecking the “Add Links” option in Acrobat Preferences in the Office PDFMaker addin.
    Let us know if that resolves your problem.

Thanks
    Tanvi

6. Acrobat DC PRO recently updated and Autocad 2018 will no longer load the PDFMaker toolbars. See errors when starting autocad.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I used to create PDFs from Word documents in Windows 7, the PDF would automatically inherit the Title, Subject, and Author properties.

In Windows 10/Acrobat Pro 17 this is no longer the case. All of these fields are blank.

I don't know if this is a change in Acrobat or Word (Office 365), but it's a major pain to set these properties manually every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Watermark will not add to documents. Been like this for a few weeks. Maybe y'all could come up with a fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Excellist version: microsoft office Home and Business 2019 Ver. 1911
    Adobe Acrobat DC 2019.021.20061

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create a right click utility option to be able to batch convert files to PDF without prompting for each document save. Your competitors have this feature and Adobe Acrobat should be able to do this without "actions" or other workarounds.

Complete the following use case.

1. Highlight multiple Office/Document files (even 50-100 is possible) 1A. Right click the documents
    2. Click "Batch Convert to PDF"
    3. A dialog opens, lists all selected files, has the ability to add new or remove files, asks where to save all PDFs and what settings such as PDF/A, quality, etc
    4. Have multiple conversion options such as "Convert…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have Word files in the dropbox, which I need to generate a PDF. I would like to generate this PDF files directly in the dropbox .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When is PDF Maker going to be available for Autocad 2017 and higher?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ever since the latest update Adobe is prompting "Are you sure this file is from a trustworthy source" every time you print to PDF from Outlook

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It should be possible, to have an ADD TO, JOIN TO or MERGE command to integrate a PDF file into another one, directly from the File Menu applications.
    As an example
    1. Attached on an email I receive a PDF file containing the instructions to pay my Car Insurance.
    2. I save this PDF as “Car Insurance 2019.pdf”
    3. A few day later I pay this insurance thru Online Banking
    4. I save the proof of the payment as “Payment House Insurance 2019.pdf”
    The new command
    a. Besides the SAVE or SAVE AS - creating another PDF file, it should…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New problem today, 3/7/19 I can no longer save a Word doc as a PDF optimized for electronic distribution. The Word doc itself doesn't seem to matter, happens with different fonts etc.
    In Word, attempt to File -> Save As -> PDF with Best for Electronic Distribution option selected fails with the message Can't Export File. There are three workarounds: 1)Save As PDF with Best for Printing option, 2)Print -> Print to PDF, or 3)click the Acrobat tab in Word and Create PDF icon upper left.
    my setup:
    Mac OS 10.14.3
    Word 16.16.7
    Acrobat Pro DC 2019.010.20098

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Has the issue with PDFMaker crashing with Office 2016 and Office 365 on Windows been fixed? The workaround provided in your article acknowledging this issue (see link below) did not suffice, and we had to remove the Acrobat plugin from our MS Office 365. In so doing, we lost the added bookmarking features available via your plug in. The rules for California Court Filings require bookmarking, which that plug in helps automate.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-acrobat-pdfmaker-problems-office.html#temp_problem

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Working on Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.523
    Acrobat Pro DC, Version 2019.010.20069

When combining a list of files, Acrobat will not actually combine the file type HEIC. Everything else is combined but there is no indication in Acrobat that it left the HEIC files out. When combining dozens of files, it is easy to miss this issue.The "Files" attachment shows two PDF's and an HEIC file that need to be combined. When I select all, right click, "Combine files in Acrobat...", I get the results in the "Results" attachment. All that appears is the two PDF's.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When combining pdf files coming from Nitro 9, in some cases I have issues with some sentences. There are missing letters.
    It doesn't appear each times, but when it appears it is always the same mistake

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Prior to the most recent Acrobat update, I was able to use the Acrobat "Create PDF" plugin to create PDFs showing tracked changes. However, now the plugin automatically puts the file in "No Markup" view when it PDFs. This is very frustrating! The only way to create a PDF showing tracked changes is to print to PDF. The Acrobat plugin is now useless. Please fix this! The "Create PDF" plugin needs to PDF the Word file in whatever view is currently enabled (e.g., Simple Markup, All Markup, No Markup, Original) instead of Defaulting to the "No Markup" view.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I used Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on a Windows 7 64 bit desktop environment.

I simply select the combine documents icon button, it has me choose either existing open document or add unopened documents. Either way it does not work. When I select open document, it has the one open document and then I need to add the 2nd document to combine, and I select it, those documents never populated the page and thus I cannot move to the next step of clicking on the "Combine" button. This has happened multiple times. I think of asking for a refund and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  mrraj@adobe.com responded

Thanks for confirming. Its great to know that your issue has been resolved.
    Keep us posted if you face any issue.

Thanks,
    Mridula

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?