Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

61 results found

1. Bug: For bookmarks based on styles from a Word document, the bookmark will go to the table of contents entry for a heading instead of to the heading itself if the heading is also included in a table of contents with page numbers omitted. The expected behavior is that the bookmark will go to the content in the document, not to the table of contents. If the TOC includes page numbers, the bug does not occur. See attached file for detailed steps on how to reproduce.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please provide options for bookmark naming conventions. When creating HTML reports, I intentionally use relative links to link to attachments or appendices. However, when I create a PDF from the HTML home page, the bookmarks contain the full link exposing my User Profile name and other sensitive information. I would like the bookmark to be named for the relative link or the filename only (or an option for the document title). I prefer to create my reports in word with hyperlinks to other docs and attachments, but I have submitted a separate feature request for creating PDFs from documents with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. save individual (or multiple) layers as pdf. even better, export layered photoshop file that maintains pdf layers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. TITLE:
    Saving PDF file from Word always results in "a file conversion is already in progress" error on a Mac.

In Word the Acrobat ribbon's "Create PDF" button either does nothing when it is clicked or it results in "a file conversion is already in progress" error from Acrobat.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE:
    1. Open any Word Document
    2. Click Acrobat tab to see the Acrobat Ribbon
    3. Click "Create PDF"
    4. This opens the "Acrobat Create PDF" dialog box.

"You can create high quality, rich and accessible PDFs using Adobe Create PDF cloud service.
    Click Yes to create…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  pooja . responded

Can you please let us know scenario you are using?

Best Regards!

5. I'm on MAC and I'm used to seamlessly combining .ai files into a .pdf easily with the Combine feature in Acrobat. Some of my peers would benefit from this greatly also but they are on PC and it appears on PC Acrobat can open and view .ai files but it will not acknowledge .ai files in the Combine feature. This feels like an oversight or bug since it clearly works fine on MAC. Can we please have equal support for this on PC as well? It makes it much easier for creatives to work smoothly with other areas of the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Thanks for your feature request.
    I am not sure how you are able to combine .ai files on Mac using Acrobat as we do not have this support neither for Windows nor for Mac for .ai files.
    However, we have taken your feature request. It is under review.

Thanks
    Tanvi

6. Steps to reproduce:
    1. In Acrobat, click on "Combine files into a single PDF".
    2. Choose files to combine and press "Combine files".

Environment: macOS 10.13.3, Acrobat Pro DC (2015.006.30417)

Expected result:
    - Files are combined into a single PDF, which is shown in open window.
    - Nothing else.

Observed result:
    - Files are combined into a single PDF, which is shown in open window.
    - The "Combine Files" box opens again. Even after clicking on "Cancel", the box re-opens.
    - Only clicking on the red cross in the top right-hand corner closes the window.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I convert my Excel for Mac doc (with clickable url links) the links do not work in the resulting PDF. Please advise.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We want to create a PDF file from local HTML files.

It can show gradient background if we save PDF by using printing function in browser.

However, It doesn't works when created in Acrobat.

We don't want to use printing function to create all PDF files, due to there are many pages waited to be converted.

The gradient background are written in CSS.

Could we have a solution?

Tks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add an option to the Microsoft Word Adobe Acrobat driver that allows to save as PDF with the "Navigation Tab" - "Bookmarks panel and Page" property of the PDF file activated by default.
    Currently it needs to be activated manually. The driver only saves with the "Navigation Tab" - "Page Only" option.
    Other Drivers such as AutoCAD; however, save as PDF with the "Navigation Tab" - "Bookmarks panel and Page" property of the PDF file activated by default.
    Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When creating multiple PDF's, if I choose to place them in the source folder, everything works fine, and all files are being converted into PDF, remaining the source structure. But I end up with a folder structure with mixed files (Word and PDF) next to each other. I do want a different output folder, but preserving my source folder structure. This way I get a new output structure, with only PDF-files in the structure. This option is currently not possible. When selecting a different output folder, all files are created directly into that new main folder. I would like to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Making a PDF from a Word (2016 or 2019) document on the Mac, I can't select job options AND get bookmarks and links. I use the ribbon tool, which offers two options: High Quality and Online (which, ominously, tells me it uses Microsoft servers... why??). High Quality (using, I guess, Distiller) won't make bookmarks or preserve links. Online makes bookmarks and preserves links, but resamples. I end up making both and copy/pasting graphics from the HQ PDF into the Online PDF. Ridiculous workaround.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like Acrobat to be able to convert DWG files to PDF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When Acrobat encounters an error while combining files, the following message is shown. The options are Return to the File List, and Open Combined File. If the user wants to open the combined file AND review the files which caused errors, they have to combine the files twice (which can take a long time depending on the number and type of files). Note that if many files were combined, not all of the files can be seen in the main window in the background (behind the error message window). Adobe should make it possible to open the combined files AND…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I cannot vote for the hundreds of other suggestions that suggest this same thing!!! Adobe personnel have closed them too quickly. However, I would like to be able to create a PDF from a word document (or any other document type) and have linked documents (of all types) appended to the pdf the way Acrobat does for "Create a PDF from a website" options. This is not just a "nice to have" this is a MUST HAVE and if I find a competing product that already does this, I will buy it and cease my use of Acrobat Pro.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix the IE plugin "Select" feature. It shows the red line box around a screen region, does not keep the region selected, and then proceeds to make a PDF of the ENTIRE web page, not the chosen region. And it makes the PDF in landscape orientation, with all the menus, footers, headers, and junk we don't need. There seems to be no way to fix this behavior in Acrobat DC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  pooja . responded

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We have recorded it in our database.

Best Regards!

16. I would like to be able to create a pdf using only part of a document using the Acrobat add-in for Microsoft Office.

It is important that the section of the document contain all the bookmarks relevant to that sections.

Extracting pages from the full document leads to a pdf with no bookmarks.

The only way I've found so far is to delete the unwanted pages and then to delete the unwant4ed bookamerks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We use text boxes or callout tool to "balloon" customer prints with several different colors representing the type of feature or dimension. Would like to be able to view the different colors by "groups" or "layers" in any combination. Current use of layers does not work as it imports each separate ballooned print over the other and are only visible by toggling between but not in combination with each other. Have talked to adobe direct and verified there is no support for this type of function at this time. Seems like a simple feature to me, we have used this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow users to select which sheets they need when combining macro enabled excel sheets like it does when combining non macro enabled excel sheets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We have logged a feature request for this issue. While we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future.

With Best Regards!

19. Feature requests for enhancing PDF Portfolios from Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board -
    • Distribution of content updates - Ability to manage a portfolio centrally without trying to go through a content management system like Sharepoint.
    • Annotations – mainly the ability to carry over the comments and highlights each board member has done when a document in the central portfolio is updated.
    • Easy to Navigate – Ability to add an Agenda page with hotlinks to the different sections in the Portfolio.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There needs to be more options in the combine files tool, such as having multiple images per single page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?