Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

589 results found

1. I attach a simple PDF file allcaps.pdf . The file prints fine. But when rendered on screen, the text in all capitals is not properly rendered. At 400%, it is fine. See 100percent.jpg for the screenshot showing the funky rendering and 400percent.jpg showing that it is fine when zoomed in. The Chrome and Firefox PDF renderers have no issues with this file. This seems to relate to the resolution used in the setting Page Display -> Resolution. If I use system setting (96 pixels/inch) and then set the zoom to 96%, it is fine. If I use a custom setting…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. when clicking "help" > "generate system report" > "send report", the dialog that opens is completely outdated and not usable.

it doesn't recognize the default Mail app on Windows 10, it just prompts me to use a web service like yahoo or gmail.

besides that, the WHOLE adobe reader program is outdated. i'm 1000% sure it has code that is more than 10 years old and it definitely needs to be rewritten from scratch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This issue is best illustrated with an example.

I generated a 5x5 png test image (test1.png) with transparent background and a 1 pixel wide green strip through the middle, embedded it into an svg (test1.svg), converted it to a pdf using inkscape (test1.pdf) and then viewed it in Acrobat Reader DC on windows 10, downloaded and installed today (2020-01-27). The result is shown in the attached image test1_acrobat_windows.png.

Notice how the green band fades first to gray, then to white, instead of fading directly to white. The same pdf file rendered with PDF.js looks like one would expect, as seen…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We have a web based application running on our Citrix environment. We are running Windows Server 2016 (1607) and Citrix VAD 1912 LTSR CU1. The users login to the web based application and eventually it will trigger the opening of a PDF within Internet Explorer. This process will work most the time but we find after the user does anywhere from 7-10 instances of the process Internet Explorer will crash.

We first monitored performance on our server but identified there are no CPU/RAM bottlenecks. We even isolated users to one server to test and they still have the issue. We…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This is not an idea, it's a bug report. So when you try to use the "Share" button and "Send As attachment" via an open Adobe plugin PDF file in Internet Explorer, since the latest Office/Outlook update, Adobe is unable to open Outlook as the default mail client. It throws an error trying to open a new email. The next time I look at it I'll grab a screenshot of the error and attach it. It seems that the Adobe plugin for IE in particular does not work well with IE and the latest Outlook version right now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. i'd like to perform a text/content search in adobe reader dc which considers all pdf documents which are open in adobe readerdc at this time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi,

after provided more tests were found that (in my case) reason and solution (I saw that behaviour from August 2020 to till now)

Description of workaround and provided steps
    - Openned pdf document in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (still updated version, recently 2020.013.20074),
    - In Adobe File/Share file/Outlook message (Office 365 still update, recently version 16.0.13530.20132, 64bit),
    - Then is automatically opened Outlook new message,
    - message is fulfilled with the data and addresses, then click on send,
    - Outlook and Adobe are still opened,

• standard work in both and next application (time to time (hapened not always, olny…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hello,

Problem description
    Adobe Reader DC - crash during save pdf file after created signature

Used SW
    - Win 10 (ver 10.0.19042.685)
    - Adobe Acrobar Reader DC 2020.013.20074

in Adobe Acrobar Reader DC is document digitally signed and during saving the pdf file is Adobe Reader crashed (it is happened from last update of DC).
    Attached dump reports for further analysis (link valid till 7th January 2021, xou can download dump files from link https://osram-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/p/m_salka/EvkOvT59codChrmsyZA-VdoBurOAkScYaTK02S-x38wIiw?e=CIDs9x).

If is needed to extend the validity of OneDrive link, please contact me.

Please give me feedback about result of your investigation and repair.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Cannot open document from flashdisk which is diacritical (for example přednáška.pdf), but from C: and from computer is everything ok.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This current version of Adobe Reader can not add a Thai language comment. When I start typing, it freezes a bit and terminates. It happens every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When sharing a document, there is no ability to terminate the shared link, so it stays available forever

This is high security risk

I will likely have to close my bank account now

Please add feature to terminate shared document links for security reasons

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please look into testing and supporting Adobe Reader DC (as well as Acrobat DC) on an Amazon Workspace. We use AWS with a good number of our user population and need to be able to get support with this environment. With DC being a cloud based system, I would expect that virtual workstations would be a supported environment. It is all in the "cloud."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A client organisation (and I imagine many, many other people) are running on version 2019 of Reader.
    Unfortunately v2019 has display issues and can add what look like black or yellow felt tip dots and lines at areas where effects overlap.
    They are not seen in Pro or in v2020 or in v2015 of Reader. Just v2019. So what we see in our pdfs, is not what our clients or their audience might be seeing. So every user of Adobe CC is exposed. Our work might not look the way we intend if a viewer is using v2019of Reader. And…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. PDF digital signature using PKI card reader or stored soft token does not work. It seems like adobe reader dc (2020.013.20074) does not detect the card reader. I can also configure a soft token, but cannot choose the soft token to be used as digital signature.
    Adobe Reader dc 2020.013.20074

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. can Adobe build its own browser ???
    its not about "Adobe acrobat" as adobe web has its own apps groups it would be nice if adobe could make its own browser its just a random idea if this could be done it might be little enjoyable....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hello.
    I installed the AIP plugin on Acrobat Reader DC(version: 2020.013.20066) and now I can view labeled PDFs.

However, if you open the PDF file many times, it may not open properly.

This is an excerpt from mip_sdk.miplog at that time.

------mip_sdk.miplog:start

Info 2020-12-03 15:03:06.366 audit.cpp:380 MSRMSPIBroker (2476) "Audit-Enabled was set, isEnabled=" mip::Audit::SetIsAuditEnabled 6984
    Warning 2020-12-03 15:03:06.366 policyrule.cpp:42 MSRMSPIBroker (2476) "Could not find Action ApplyContentMarking in ActionFactory." mip::PolicyRule::Create 6984
    Warning 2020-12-03 15:03:06.366 policy
    rule.cpp:42 MSRMSPIBroker (2476) "Could not find Action ApplyContentMarking in ActionFactory." mip::PolicyRule::Create 6984
    Warning 2020-12-03 15:03:06.366 policyrule.cpp:42 MSRMSPIBroker (2476) "Could not find Action ApplyContentMarking in ActionFactory."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I open hundreds of PDF's a day and having to click who needs to fill and sign is unbearable. Please make an update where we can disable it, I'm literally looking into buying a different program, that's how difficult this has made my work life.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. windows 10 64bit with 20H2 update. fully updated.

go to preferences > security (enhanced) > enable protected view for ALL Files & run in appcontainer.

i downloaded a pdf from my bank with my card statements and double clicked it.
    i opened the search box and tried to search for something, clicking somewhere in the app window, freezes the entire app and won't respond and must be forced closed.

this behavior has never happened even on older v11 versions with protected view enabled.

the app shouldn't freeze when searching with protected view enabled.

continuous release reader 2020.013.20064
    version file 20.013.20064.12623…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The Reader app (all platforms) should be more generalized to allow "reading" of both EPUB or PDF documents.

Similarly, we should be able to embed an EPUB into a PDF file. (PDF has a robust method that allows it to embed other file formats.)

Then, we should have a switch in Reader that would let a user to switch from PDF to reflowable EPUB and back again.

While I understand that Adobe is investing heavily in Liquid Mode, this EPUB method would be far more reliable for people who need to control the design of both static and reflowable modes.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Edit >> Preferences >> Language >> Application Language.

Change to CHOOSE AT APPLICATION STARTUP

This setting is IGNORED: No way to choose at startup, and the setting reverts back to English.

Windows 10, 2004, Adobe Acrobat Reader ver. 2020.013.20064

Reproduced on 2 different machines.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)