Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

582 results found

1. test

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Dear Adobe Team,

could you add a function / command inside the view menu of the free adobe reader that works similar to the function 'freeze panes' in Microsoft Excel.
    That would allow to freeze headings/captions if you use the pdf reader for presentations of management reports etc.
    This could be useful in video conferences as well when you only can present a section of the full report.
    If this would work for picture, text and table objects would be nice.

Unfortunately I have not seen such a function in a pdf reader before.

I do not know if this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Jo commented · July 09, 2018 03:41 · Flag as inappropriate
    I have the same problem... page 2 prints on a new page even though the print request is for double sided print. From all accounts it seems to be a widespread problem when a document has an odd number of pages. I tried to print just page 1 and 2 of a three page document but it still printed pages 1 and 2 on separate pages! What a waste of paper. This issue seems to be ongoing for some years and I cannot understand why Adobe cannot fix it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. No reaction when trying to open a .pdf file from a network share available under DFS with a previously running .pdf document locally.
    The problem with .pdf files not working properly in correlation with DFS is the Adobe Reader application bug.Bug exist from begin od 2018.Adobe products cannot cope with distributed file systems.The observed bug occurs in WIN SRV 2016 and 2019 systems, and unless it is explicitly stated anywhere that the reason is the change in the SMB authentication method, this is indicated by (logically) the AR logs.this is a link to a thread on this topic https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/can-only-open-1-pdf-at-a-time-from-dfs-server/m-p/10889532?page=3#M62593 The…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Move print area in the print window when using a smaller page size.
    For example in the print preview (
    see attachement)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 2 pages to convert.............must we buy the entire ADOBE PACKAGE I never use it..............

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Brief description: Translation bug.

2. Steps to reproduce:

On a Portuguese language installation:

i. Create an appearance for a certificate-based signature, as described on the link bellow:

https://helpx.adobe.com/br/acrobat/using/certificate-based-signatures.html?mv=product#create_the_appearance_of_a_certificate_based_signature

ii. Make sure to include the date in the signature text.

3. Environment: Windows 10, Acrobat Reader DC - version 20.9.20067.384717 (Portugues)

4. Expected result: Signature appearance should contain the text "Data" (The correct Portuguese translation for "Date"), followed by the date.

5. Observed result: Signature appearance contains the text "Dados". See attached screenshot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. After latest update to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, the option to print on both sides disappeared. Had to edit the registry to prevent automatic updates (how are naive users supposed to cope?).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Restore last view settings only remembers settings for a limited time. After a few days, page and zoom settings are reset to default.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. since 2020 versions (this bug still persists in all updates until now) of acrobat reader dc for windows it happens that suddenly the application process requires a huge amount of cpu for no apparent reason and it won't stop until the program is closed

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For some reason, Acrobat Reader DC assumes that all .pdf files will need to print on A4 paper. My printer is configured for Letterhead (8.5X11). I can reset the size when printing but should not need to do so. I'm fairly certain that none of the institutions sending me .pdf files are using A4 as they are located in Canada and Canada is still using Imperial sizes to maintain compatibility with the USA.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The issue exists in all Adobe Reader versions released in 2020.

To establish DDE communication with Adobe Reader, a client needs to know DDE service name. It can be read from the following entry in Windows registry:
    Computer\HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\acrobat\shell\open\ddeexec\application
    This entry is created/updated during Adobe Reader installation.
    Adobe Reader 2020.006.20034 saves the following value to this entry: "AcroViewR19". Our application reads this value and tries to establish DDE connections with Adobe Reader. However, DDE connection fails when "AcroViewR19" is used as service name. When the registry value is corrected to “AcroViewR20” – DDE connection successfully establishes. Any update of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When printing a "Poster" or tiled printout, where the PDF is not scaled but is printed on multiple sheets, one should be able to selectibely only print certain sheets. This is useful, for example, if you have a 15 or 20 sheet print of some architectural plans (or any large file) and you have a printer error with 2 pages to go. Now you have to re-print everything, which could take an hour or more depending on printer, and is a waste of energy, ink, an paper and harms the environment. Another use of such functionality is if I need…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. That is a system behavior and is expected of all apps on macOS. "Print to PDF" is NOT a creative function, but an output function. It would be useful for getting around bugs etc, related to printing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When a single page or range of pages is printed, print the correct page(s). I was trying to print page 2 of my PDF, and page 12 printed.

I got around it by going to page 2 and printing current page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently, when I use Adobe Acrobat to access a pdf on my Google Drive and comment on the pdf, saving the file to my Google Drive will sometimes create a new file inside my Google Drive instead of overwriting the original. Then I will have two files like "original.pdf" and "original (Conflicted Copy date and time).pdf)" Even when I go out of my way to click "Save As.." and overwrite the file in my Google Drive with the original name, Adobe will still save the pdf as a separate file called "Conflicted Copy." There needs to be a better way…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I'm an occasional user that only needs some of the premium features in Reader once in a while. An example would be adding or removing pages. $13.49 per month is absolute robbery. Instead, I use free programs when needed. Why not offer reasonable pricing plans, with annual payment options that non-commercial users can afford. Adobe thinking seems to be they'd rather have 100% of $0, rather than price it reasonably and add millions of new paying subscribers. Adobe is the best product; why not price it cheap and drive the copycats out of the market.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Je ne peux ouvrir ce fichier ! Les autres destinataires n'ont pas ce problème. (J'ai la version 2020.006.20042 à jour)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Conditions: Windows 10. My internet was flaky, I think because my Ethernet wired interface has a hardware problem. For instance, Chrome was very slow or would not load a website at all. Edge would load sites usually when in this condition. I do not know how, but it did.

When in this hobbled operational mode, if I clicked a PDF file in explorer, or an attachment in my email reader, Acroread would simply not start up at all. I'm sure the executable began momentarily because I could see a little spinner appear momentarily, but nothing appears on screen. No splash…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?