Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

548 results found

1. From an inclusion lens, there's a significant population of Indigenous peoples whose language is not represented in any Adobe products. More Indigenous languages should be added to Acrobats language capabilities to inform screen readers of how to properly output Indigenous words.

There are two problems with how Adobe is approaching its lack of inclusion of Indigenous languages.

1. There should be more Indigenous languages added.
    2. The mono-language setting for a document is limiting and doesn't allow for the diversity of multiple languages to help communicate the message appropriately.

There are over 70 Indigenous languages in Canada. Adobe is a leader in…

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If using a PC with NVidia graphic cards, hardware acceleration is automatically deactivated if protected mode on startup is active. This slows down 3D PDFs significantly.

Deactivating Protected Mode on Startup allows for hardware acceleration again.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The Reader app (all platforms) should be more generalized to allow "reading" of both EPUB or PDF documents.

Similarly, we should be able to embed an EPUB into a PDF file. (PDF has a robust method that allows it to embed other file formats.)

Then, we should have a switch in Reader that would let a user to switch from PDF to reflowable EPUB and back again.

While I understand that Adobe is investing heavily in Liquid Mode, this EPUB method would be far more reliable for people who need to control the design of both static and reflowable modes.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adobe Reader DC corrupts URLs in external links when the PDF is encrypted.

This does not happen in other PDF readers.

We create password protected PDFs which contain links to external URLs.
    These links work fine when we view the generated PDFs in chrome and firefox.
    But the links are getting corrupted by Acrobat Reader.
    One or more characters are getting corrupted (e.g "https://mywebiste.com/1234567" is trying to link to "https://mywebiste.com/123:567" or "https://my?ebiste.com/1234567")

I have attached a sample file.

This problem persisted when there was only one link at the location and if a longer…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. [Problem]
    Comparing Acrobat Pro/Reader 32-bit, the PMI and the outline of 3D model are unclear on Acrobat Reader DC 64-bit.
    (Please find the attached sample PDF and captures, test01-03.)

"DirectX 9" is able to be selected from the renderer option on Acrobat Pro/Reader 32-bit.
    (Edit -> Preferences -> Multimedia & 3D -> Preferred Renderer)
    However, it doesn't exist on Acrobat Reader DC 64-bit. So, only "Software" is available.
    Therefore, the PMI and the outline of 3D model are unclear.
    (Please find the attached captures #1&#2.)

[Tested Acrobat Version]
    Acrobat Reader DC 64-bit: 2021.011.20039
    Acrobat Pro 2020 32-bit (classic): 2020.004.30020
    Acrobat…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Already using the application, hence it being updated, don't need desktop shortcut to re-appear every time the application is updated.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Acrobat Reader is unable to correctly interpret some mountpoint reparse points (junctions). In practical terms: Acrobat Reader is unable to access PDF files from file systems mounted as directories and this is the root cause of the problem.

Junctions are special symbolic links that are used in many scenarios; an important one is when a file system is mounted as a directory rather than a regular drive. Junctions contain 2 paths: a “substitute” path which must be a path in the NTOS namespace (not a Win32 path) and a “print” path, which is to be used for display to…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The DFS bug has shown it's head again. Win 2019 servers offering DFS fileshares to Win10 clients will no longer allow multiple PDFs to be opened from the OS interface, because of Protected Mode.

Any other combination works fine (non-Win2019, non-Win10, non-DFS shares, disable Protected Mode).

Now that the vastly popular Win 2008r2 is out of support, many more organizations are upgrading to Win 2019. Disabling Protected Mode via registry GPO is a poor workaround.

Please fix!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please create a v3 third-party update file for SCCM, so we are able to automatically download en deploy Adobe software updates to endpoints.

More information about this new feature of SCCM 1910 see:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/configmgr/sum/deploy-use/third-party-software-updates#bkmk_1910

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When viewing PDF documents containing images on my wide gamut monitor using Acrobat Read DC (Windows 10), images have oversaturated colors.
    The same PDFs looks OK when opened in Photoshop or previewed in Bridge.

See also this thread:
    - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/problem-with-color-management-wide-gamut-monitor/m-p/10982293

I have done some systematic testing. There seems to be a color management problem/error in the (urrent Windows version of Acrobat Reader DC:

Procedure

I have made two test images:

• image-AdobeRGB.jpg: - a JPEG image file with an Adobe RGB (1998) embedded color profile
    • image-sRGB.jpg: - a JPEG image file with a sRGB IEC61966-2.1 embedded color profile

For each image…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Cross-highlighting of PMI is not working in the 64 bit version of Adobe Reader DC. This is the functionality that will highlight a surface(s) that the PMI is related to when selecting the PMI. A 3D PDF opened in the most current version of 32 bit Adobe Reader DC is working correctly, the same 3D PDF opened in the latest 64 bit version of Adobe Reader DC will not work.

It's my understand that Adobe added this functionality around 2013, in Adobe Reader 11, I believe. It seems that 64 bit Adobe Reader DC has reverted back to pre Adobe…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Since the March 7th update, the Windows 10 File Explorer preview pane will display a directory listing instead of a preview of a pdf if a # (hash tag/pound sign) is in the directory name or the file name. Not all special characters have been tested.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Adobe Acrobat Reader v2023.006.20320 64 bit.
    After the Windows September 2023 updates (Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.2283) I started getting the message "Acrobat quit unexpectedly" message.
    I get this message several times a day.
    I get the error even if I do not do anything related to Adobe Reader DC.
    I have a feeling this is related to the "Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer". I am saying this because if I turn off that setting, I do not get the error.
    I tried the troubleshooting steps but that did not help.
    Following the suggestion to enable the CrashDumps…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adobe Reader is very slow after I resize the window on my Windows 10 laptop. This includes maximizing and restoring down a window. If I only open one document, it usually takes 1-3 seconds to respond, depending on how complicated the document is. This is already significantly slower than Firefox and Chrome. Furthermore, if I open two documents, resizing takes 3-6 seconds, and longer when more document tabs are opened. This is a big performance issue. Looks like Adobe Reader is rendering all the documents synchronously after the window is resized, which is completely unnecessary; it should only render the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Using Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF DC (21.001.20138) on Windows 10 to open the attached PDFs crashes. We create PDFs ourselves with several hundreds of images and embedding them using FlatDecode to reduce the size of the PDFs however very few images seem not to work in Adobe Acrobat PDF viewer ONLY. Opening the PDFs in Google Chrome as an example works.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Failing in 32 & 64 bit versions 2023.001.20093 and 2023.001.10143 on Windows Server 2019 Remote Desktop Session Host (untested on other environments)

Brief: Users with print rights assigned via a group, not direct permissions (see caveat below), quick print will open Reader but does not send a job to the printer (only Acrobat Reader, file types to other apps quick print fine)

Extensive details (I have procmon captures too)

Normal printing works fine. If they open a file with any application and file > print or CTRL+P etc. it prints successfully. Quick print opens Acrobat Reader, but in non-working scenarios…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. ... and I am not referring to the distinction between hand and select tool. I am referring to another problem:

I have set my own cursor scheme for Windows (Lefty Scheme) in Windows system settings. Every application accepts that but Adobe Reader. Whenever using the reader the mouse changes from a white arrow pointing to the upper right corner (lefty scheme) to a black arrow pointing to the upper left corner.

How can I change this? I want the Reader to use the Windows System setting.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Version 1709, OS Buils 16299.431 and…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As of this post, Adobe Reader allows for the option to connect your Google Drive account to it, to view pdfs from the "My Drive" folder (on Google Drive) on the Reader.

Description of desired feature:
    I would like the option to view pdfs in folders that are in the "Shared with Me" folder of Google Drive along with the ones in "My Drive"

Why this feature is needed:
    Increases the utility of the Adobe Reader on Google Drive.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am having an issue when saving documents in Adobe Reader, when I hit "save" it prompts a "save-as" box every time which required me to navigate to the document to save it. This is happening for me on windows 10. I've uninstalled and re-installed the program and am getting the same issue. Thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create a session that gives an ability to group opened pdfs and save them like collections in browsers. Later, when you reopen your acrobat reader you can choose between different sessions to use.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?