Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Turning Off Tab view breaks puggin Tools

Tabbed View by default isn't suitable as documents are often compared visually & make better use of multiple screen space. However Turning Off Tabbed view now breaks (hides) 3rd Party Plugin tools (namely Enfocus Pitstop Pro).
    Because a restart is required to re-enable Tabbed viewing, that causes loss of changes, or having to save/discard multiple changes potentially on multiple documents.
    & Because I'm here.... NOT A SINGLE Feature added to Acrobat DC has been an improvement.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Implemented  ·  16 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Loupe Window Persistence

I use the loupe tool very frequently, and I would like to have the software remember the size/location/magnification of the last usage for the loupe window, even after completely exiting the program and starting a new session. It is irritating to be forced to resize and relocate this window every time I wish to use the loupe tool (the magnification does persist).
      If I keep at least one PDF file open, then the size/location of the window is remembered. However, once I close Acrobat Pro DC completely, the loupe window reverts to its default size/location.
      (Although I cannot prove it,…

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We released an update for Adobe Acrobat DC that fixes this concern. This update will be automatically applied to all Acrobat and Reader users in the coming days. You may also update to the latest release by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.
        You can also drop an Email to me at ajain@adobe.com to let me know further in this. Thanks.

-Ayush Jain

• page controls

Please make it possible in settings to PERMANENTLY hide page control from the document AND from the toolbar. I was able to get rid of them by selecting "hide page controls" after View, Show/Hide, Page Controls, but the controls appear again when I re-open Adobe. I know page controls can be switched from toolbar to document, and I know all the tool bars can be hidden. But I don't want to hide all the tools - I've customized the tool bar with the tools I use all the time. I just want to get rid of the page controls, which…

5 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We released an update for Adobe Acrobat DC that fixes this concern.
          So there is no further need of doing any workaround.

This update will be automatically applied to all Acrobat and Reader users in the coming days. You may also update to the latest release by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.
          You can also drop an Email to me at ajain@adobe.com to let me know further in this. Thanks.

-Ayush Jain

• All PDF document pages renamed after a "save as under -> lighter PDF"

Pages renamed after exporting it using Acrobat fonction: save as under -> lighter PDF (see example attached,).
          The PDF is initilaly generated by InDesign and is perfect (just a bit too heavy for web diffusion purpose), the problem comes afterwood in Acrobat.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  6 comments  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2264981

FIX THIS. AND DO NOT CHANGE IT BACK.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • make "," a "safe character" in javascript code as a part of the saveas() function

i have a script that with batch forms merges using excel data and i want to save them as [last name], [first name].

it's important because 1. i have a lot of people with the same last name 2. some of the last names have two names and some of the first names have two names so it's not obvious which is the last name and 3. it's ridiculous that other characters like underscores, hyphens and semi-colons are safe, but commas aren't

this.saveAs(outputDir + "1150 " + this.getField("Last Name").value + " , " + this.getField("First Name").value + ".pdf");

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We released an update for Adobe Acrobat DC that fixes this concern. This update will be automatically applied to all Acrobat and Reader users in the coming days. You may also update to the latest release by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

-Ayush Jain

• Acrobat/Reader should support dynamic DPI scaling.

We work on multiple monitor in our office. Our monitors have different scaling factor settings. When we drag Acrobat window from one display device to another it doesn't scale as per the new scaling factor.

11 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Fix for scaling issue is currently available for following tracks: Acrobat DC Continuous, Acrobat 2017, Acrobat Reader DC Continuous, and Acrobat Reader 2017

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base