Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: Add to an already made selection with the mouse

If you already have an object selected and need to add to that selection the common universal procedure is to hold down the shift key on the keyboard while clicking the object you want to add to the already made selection. It works fine unless you have the "Output Preview" window open. In that case instead of adding to a selection it creates a new sticky note. You used a universal keyboard/mouse combo for "adding to a selection" to instead create a new sticky note but only when "Output Preview" is open. This needs to be changed to a different…

30 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

With the latest update of Acrobat on 13th Feb, this issue has been addressed. Make sure you are on the latest update by visiting Help > Check for updates (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2018.html#dccontinuousfebruarytwentyeighteen/ ).

We have added a preference "Use Shift + Click for Multiple Selection with Output Preview " to enable multiple objects selection when the output preview dialog is open. To select multiple objects, use Shift + Click. To add a sticky note containing the color values, use Alt + Click (on Windows) or Option + Click (on Mac).

For more details, refer https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/previewing-output-acrobat-pro.html .

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Regards,
      Priyanka Jain

• How to turn off automatic OCR when editing a scanned document?

I want turn off automatic OCR when I go to edit a scan. Really slowing my project down having to revert to image on every page when all I need to do is rotate pages on the old documents I'm working on.

28 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With the latest release, we have added a checkbox that will turn off the automatic OCR.

1. Open any scanned pdf.
        2. Go to Edit PDF.
        3. Wait for OCR to complete.
        4. On the right hand pane, uncheck the “Recognize text” option. (Alternatively, if you see a button ‘Revert to Image’, click on it).

This will turn off the auto-OCR feature. Now, Acrobat will not run OCR automatically. Acrobat remembers this setting so that you do not have to uncheck it again.

Let us know if this helps.
        For more information about this, visit https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/edit-scanned-pdfs.html

• Save As Location should be Last saved location

The "Save As" function defaulted to "My Documents" the first time it was used after a new installation. Subsequent uses of "Save As" should ve defaulted to the location last used rather to temporary location as it happens currently

13 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Missing Quick Tools

Steps to reproduce:
          Close and re-open Adobe Acrobat. Issue observed after most recent version update. Issue occurs if the Tools Pane isn't shown when Adobe Acrobat starts (View > Show/Hide > Tools Pane).

Environment:
          Windows 10 and Windows 7
          Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017

Expected result:
          Third party quick tool should display based on settings in the Customize Quick Tools options menu.

Observed result:
          Third party quick tool missing until the Tools Pane is opened.

11 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Acrobat/Reader should support dynamic DPI scaling.

We work on multiple monitor in our office. Our monitors have different scaling factor settings. When we drag Acrobat window from one display device to another it doesn't scale as per the new scaling factor.

11 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Fix for scaling issue is currently available for following tracks: Acrobat DC Continuous, Acrobat 2017, Acrobat Reader DC Continuous, and Acrobat Reader 2017

• Enable a keyboard shortcut to add a checkmark to a comment

When I get a PDF back from a proofreader, I have to review hundreds of comments. The only way to add a checkmark to a comment is by using the mouse. This gets very tedious. Please add a shortcut that adds a checkmark to a selected comment.

9 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  4 comments  ·  Commenting & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Turning Off Tab view breaks puggin Tools

Tabbed View by default isn't suitable as documents are often compared visually & make better use of multiple screen space. However Turning Off Tabbed view now breaks (hides) 3rd Party Plugin tools (namely Enfocus Pitstop Pro).
                Because a restart is required to re-enable Tabbed viewing, that causes loss of changes, or having to save/discard multiple changes potentially on multiple documents.
                & Because I'm here.... NOT A SINGLE Feature added to Acrobat DC has been an improvement.

8 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  16 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Be able to show Rulers & Guides by default

It would be useful in Preferences to turn on Show Rulers & Guides by Default. At present you have to go to "View / Show/hide / Rulers & Grids" for every new PDF that you open.

6 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Right status is Implemented. Resolved is used when we resolve an issue with help, educating the user, providing workaround etc. Actual work from our side in this case – hence Implemented.

• Toolbar Cut Copy Paste Problem

I am using latest version of Adobe Acrobat DC on Windows 7 64 bit. Everything is by default like I made the only changes at the provided video.

The problem is when I highlight any next in the pdf, usually in the previous version of Acrobat the icons for Cut or Copy are going to be "active"(dark grey), when some text is selected and not active icons(white gray), when there is no selection. In the latest version of Acrobat this icons are white gray and not active when the text is selected. For me there is obvious problem between the…

6 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • page controls

Please make it possible in settings to PERMANENTLY hide page control from the document AND from the toolbar. I was able to get rid of them by selecting "hide page controls" after View, Show/Hide, Page Controls, but the controls appear again when I re-open Adobe. I know page controls can be switched from toolbar to document, and I know all the tool bars can be hidden. But I don't want to hide all the tools - I've customized the tool bar with the tools I use all the time. I just want to get rid of the page controls, which…

5 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We released an update for Adobe Acrobat DC that fixes this concern.
                        So there is no further need of doing any workaround.

This update will be automatically applied to all Acrobat and Reader users in the coming days. You may also update to the latest release by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.
                        You can also drop an Email to me at ajain@adobe.com to let me know further in this. Thanks.

-Ayush Jain

• Keep added view columns in PDF Portfolio of emails converted to a PDF portfolio

In Acrobat X one could add view columns, such as "to" and "folder" to a PDF Portfolio of emails, and save the portfolio to keep the added columns. When the portfolio was opened again the added view columns would still be there. Please add this feature to Acrobat Pro DC.

5 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Since Update 18.11.2003x - Cannot open PDF - asking for Password

Multiple Users - Multiple PDF files. Mixed Windows 7 32/64bit and 10. All versions of Adobe Acrobat DC. Since the update 18.11.2003x when opening a PDF within IE it's asking for a password. Chrome is not an option.
                          Our current workaround is removing all adobe apps and reinstalling before the update. Then disabling the auto update.
                          Looking for long term solution.

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Right status is Implemented. Resolved is used when we resolve an issue with help, educating the user, providing workaround etc. Actual work from our side in this case – hence Implemented.

• Acrbat DC 2018.009.20044 Firefox Bug

I am on Acrbat DC 2018.009.20044. There is addon for Firefox, name Adobe Acrobat 18.0.2. In the options of this add on we have "Allow Adobe Acrobat for Firefox to send anonymous usage information to Adobe for product improvement purposes". This option is not working and the stat is sending every time, doesn't matter if is on or off.

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We’ve fixed this issue in our latest update. You could manually update Acrobat/Reader, if your product is not auto updated.
                              Help Menu > Check for updates.

Best Regards!

• Bug report: After update 18.011.20035/15.006.30143 Password Required to open form

Windows 7 64 bits
                              Acrobat DC Continuous 2018.011.20035
                              Windows 10 64 bits
                              Acrobat DC Classic 2015.006.20143

Unable to open our standard time sheet, which is a .pdf form, and has been in use for years.
                              Form opens as usual on computers that have not received the recent update.
                              When we try to open the form after the Acrobat update, form requires password to open ('std634.pdf' is protected. Please enter a Document Open Password.)

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Mac Acrobat DC Does Not Create PDF from Excel

When I drag an excel file to the Adobe dock icon or attempt to create a PDF in Acrobat I get an error of a duplicate file in the temp folder.

I've tried clearing out the temp folder. Also, I've reinstalled Acrobat and Microsoft office. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.
                                  Thanks for your patience and support!

With Best Regards!

• Crash when using "Convert Colors"

This problem has been happening since the 2017 updates. Yesterday I did a clean install of Windows 10 for another issue, and the problem persists even after re-installing Windows and CC.

Steps:
                                  1. Open a PDF file.
                                  2. Open "Print Production" -> "Convert Colors"
                                  3. Under "Matching Criteria" select "Color Type -> Spot Colors"
                                  4. Click "OK"

Then Acrobat Crashes for me every time, on every PDF file I try.

I use this feature a lot because our equipment is CMYK Digital, and we often get files with Spot Colors submitted for printing.

I am assuming this is a but…

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • mailto links not working in Acrobat DC 2017 (2017.012.20098)

2. Export PDF from InDesign CC 2017 containing email addresses, hyperlinks included.
                                    3. MacOS X 10.12, InDesign CC 2017, Acrobat DC 2017.
                                    4. Normally invokes Mail when mailto links are clicked.
                                    5. Now mailto links display correct popup but do not action when clicked, cursor changes to text insert bar when hovering over mailto link.

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Saving hanging

I and several of my coworkers are having Adobe Acrobat DC hang on us while saving files. It can be while just normal save (Command-C) or when doing a Save As.... Apparently the file gets fully saved, because when we reopen Acrobat after a force quit, and say No to recover, the file seems fine. But Acrobat will hang or freeze, the progress bar stays up, and eventually the OS says Acrobat is unresponsive. We need to force quit it to get back to restart Acrobat. Trashing preferences or changing where we save the file (resident drive or server) makes…

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  13 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • DC 2017.012.20095 cannot delete page 1 of certain files

When we open certain PDF documents and go to organise pages we cannot delete page 1. (This affects other functions that try to delete pages too). Please contact me if more files are needed.

The error is "One or more pages are in use and cannot be deleted".

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Enable Image Field option for user to remove an image if wrong image chosen

Customer can place an image in an image field but cannot delete if wrong image was chosen. Please add 'remove added image' or enable to create ability for image field to add an action so customer can delete the wrong image. I am getting complaints from customers! Thanks.

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?
                                          Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base