Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1479 results found

1. What users need in the new interface...

Fellow users, please add or vote up the features that are most critical for you.
    (Interface-related only, not new features or utilities.)

ONE:
    A totally customizable set of toolbars — left, right, top, and bottom of the application window, and also on a side monitor.

— User determines which toolbars are visible.

— User can dock or float them anywhere, including on a second monitor that's outside the application window.

— User chooses which tools are in each toolbar.

— User chooses whether each tool/utility is represented as an icon only, icon +…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In the "new acrobat" interface, it is now very tedious to add annotations. It is two more clicks than in the old Acrobat (multiply that with thousands of annotations and you see the problem).

Please add the following functionality (available in "old acrobat"):

• When you have selected some text, and start typing, it will add the "replace text" annotation.
    • When you place the text marker in the text, and start typing, it will add the "insert text" annotation.

Also:
    * When you select some text, you get a little contextual toolbar pop-up. Please add a button for the "replace text"…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be useful to see the zoom % without having to click on the 'Zoom In' or 'Zoom Out' buttons on the side panel. Also, when you click on the buttons, the zoom % changes and you cannot see what it was previously set to. I would like to see a 'Zoom %' button showing the current %.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This problem was confirmed in Acrobat Pro 2024.001.20604 64-bit for Windows 10 Pro (22H2).

I found a bug that the comment pane is not displayed automatically even with the following settings.

Preferences > Commenting > “Show comments pane when a PDF with comments is opened” is checked

The conditions under which this fault occurs are:
    For PDF files with comments on page 51 or later

However, if a PDF has at least one comment before page 50, the comments pane is automatically displayed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There seems to be a problem with creating new bookmarks. I'm nesting the bookmarks as I create them in order to keep myself organized, considering this PDF is almost 800 pages long. I'm finding that if I nest my most-recently-created bookmark under another one, all future bookmarks I create are also nested under the same bookmark.

However, once I wish to move one of these newly-created bookmarks to the root level, that is to un-nest them, the only way I can do so is to move them to the top of the list. Even if I try to un-nest them…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As above. it is strange there is no such keyb. shortcut... :/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When using a shared mobile device, we need to limit the visibility of previously accessed files by other users. This could be accomplished by removing access to the "On this device" option within Acrobat mobile.

Secondly if we could remove the system from requesting permission to the "All file access" so that permission couldn't be granted by the user afterward.

To summarize, here are the following requests for configuration options:

1. Remove the "allow access to your files to view, modify, and save PDFs" See attached image 1Featurerequest

2. The ability to hide "On this Device" as a file location selection. See…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make the snap shot camera tool available again. I always need to make clear images out of PDFs for our web page. By removing the Snapshot tool there is NO WAY TO MAKE SHARP IMAGES THAT MEET OUR REQUIREMENTS! Put the Snapshot tool back or tell me where the _____ it is hiding in the latest versions of Acrobat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When opening PDFs from various sources, I often receive a JS pop up stating "This pdf form requires a newer version of Adobe Acrobat...", in spite of having the latest version of Reader (23.008.20555 as of this post) installed. There are often multiple (as on 3-7+) popup dialogs that repeat this message whether OK or Cancel is pushed (the only difference being OK opens a browser window to redownload what I already have).

The PDFs in question are often generated by 3rd parties, E.G. Tax preparation software online. One such recent example used iText 2.0.7, which uses PDF version 1.5…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Brief description of the use case:
    starting from Adobe Document cloud in a SharePoint online environment I click on the "Desktop" button to open a PDF file in Adobe Reader.
    A selection window appears where i can start Acrobat Reader or download & install the app.
    The download button is highlighted in blue, and encourages me to be the better choice.

Error indication:
    The application is already installed by 100% of users. Due to a lack of permission on the desktop, Acrobat Reader cannot be downloaded and installed again.

Feature request:
    - Is it possible to remove this selection window…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. new version is crushing still on itself
    2. unable to run in dark mode - always come back to light
    3. unable to put identity details - always come back with empty fields
    4. in general new Adobe is so ****** ***** - why you have introduced changes where old version was stable and friendly user interface?
    5. unable to disable new version
    6. I hate new version!!!!
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I use Acrobat to read schematic diagram PDFs output from Altium. One feature is that if you click on a component (such as a transistor) the PDF is designed such that a pop-up window comes up and displays data about that component, such as it's part number. The troublesome part is that you can't select and copy anything in the popup window. I don't know if that's an Adobe SW item or has something to do with how Altium designs its PDFs, but it would be WONDERFUL to be able to select and copy information from that pop-up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improvements for Save As... dialogue:

• extend recent folder from 5 to ... in options (5 locations is not enough for me)
    • add Nextcloud as a cloud service provider (API's are available)
    • add an option to disable the Adobe "extra" save as... dialogue as the default Windows Shell save window has way more functionality (more bookmarks and direct access to cloud or network folders not supported by adobe.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. First of all: great new clean look of Acrobat interface, I really like it. finally I can put my long desired "save as..." button in the toolbar, crazy it is not there by default but I can live with that.

Now why are the above elements not editable? For example the most used tools as the black arrow and the hand tool are hidden both under the arrow tool. It's one click extra again every time I like to switch from the one tool to the other. Like in other Adobe applications, please make that toolbar fully editable so we…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sometimes I can move documents up or down, sometimes I can't.

Please fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The basic idea is: you can find the adobe acrobat cursors in the windows explorer and extract them from there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The engineers for New Adobe forgot that people don't just use Adobe to create and manipulate documents -- the other half of the equation is that the documents are also going to be READ. This New Adobe puts the bookmarks on the right side of the page with no option to switch the view to how people actually read which is left to right. SO FRUSTRATING. I won't be able to use New Adobe ever if you leave it this way.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Nearly each time I open adobe it pops up and reminds me I can edit PDFs
    I GOT IT
    I GET IT
    I JSUT WANT TO #$(!( READ MY GOD DAMMED ($!(! PDF .

I miss the early 2000's when Adobe worked, was relaible ,and didn't constantly **** stuff around

For example, I needed to redact a PDF, it only let me select text but the PDF was improperly created so the text colums were all over the place.
    All I needed to do was drop a simple redcatiion box, SIMPLE

Fire your project manager, get some real…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The icons are way too small and are greyed out so not very legible
    also the most important icons are buried in the bottom right so drop off your screen completely - the most common thing u do when opening a pdf is to enlarge or shrink the size, its a right pain hunting the icons to do that, every time.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. With new UI the color selection palette has become terribly small. It is difficult to select the color from such a small palette. Please make it larger.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 73 74
  • Don't see your idea?