Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16 results found

1. How do i remove the security so i can edit docs. it says i need a password ??? what's that??? I'm so frustrated this is the most non user friendly system ever for beginners!!!!!!!!! i hate it but i need the capabilities it offers!!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It takes too many clicks to digitally sign forms with signature blocks: 1 click to active to signature box, 1 to select the digital ID, 1 to sign, 1 to save, and 1 to replace the file with the signed version. I frequently sign forms with 2-4 signature fields and this gets tedious. Two clicks would be plenty.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Downloaded ADE 4.5.7 got this error when trying to open the how-to book
    :
    RETRECORDCOREINVALIDCLIENT_CERT

Client certificate used with Digital Editions is invalid. You will not be able to use all the features available in this application!

No clue why. Please fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  amukherj responded

I am assuming your concerns have been resolved. Let us know otherwise.

4. I don't know how I have protected the file, was not intentionally. How could I reverse it if I don't know the password? I think cause I fill the form in my computer I should be able to reverse do I? Please I need a help with it. tjhanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There should simply be an option when you click to sign form to add a digital signature. That was a feature that existed before, but now it's much more difficult to create digital signature boxes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi, Once a receiver has opened a password protected file, it should be possible to remove the password if one wants. I am too sick of this.
    As an example, I get monthly bill from the Mobile operators for just few dollars. The bill needs to be uploaded for claim. Currently I have to take the print the PW protected file first, then scan the printed copy and save it and then again upload it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  cdas responded

Document Open Password cannot be removed unless document editing permissions are given to the password. So ,considering the issue resolved.

7. In Acrobat IX I could create a digital signature field where the user, when getting the form and entering their pertinent information, could simply click on the field to digitally sign the form using their certificates from the employee badge. Did this option disappear entirely now? I don't want customers to have to select window, preferences, signatures and draw a rectangle to sign the form. Allow users to set up a block so the customer just needs to click the field and select their stored credential to sign the form. This is a MUST have option.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

User has been guided to add certificate based digital signatures

8. a adobe rep said in this forum the following:"Since the secured PDFs cannot be combined as single PDF and are only available as PDF portfolio. Those can only be viewed in Acrobat or Reader."

Is there a way to convert multiple pdfs put into a single file/folder with a single password that would protect the large singlefile/folder without password pasword protecting each individual file? or work around?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Our agency has several custom presets when saving pdfs from Illustrator. We would like to limit one client from altering our pdfs. We can apply the security setting, however they do not save in the preset.
    Please fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear User,

Please open the file in Acrobat.Go to Protect Tool from Tools Page.
    Go to Encrypt— Manage Security Policies—New - Using passwords,public key certificates —Save as a Policy-and then choose the settings that you want to apply .
    As the policy is saved,you can apply the policy next time on-wards
    which appears as a template from Security Options(Control+D) on the file.

10. You should be apply to apply security settings, i.e. password protect multiple files at once just like you can add a header/footer to multiple files at once.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear User,

You can create a new policy template from Protect—Encrypt—Manage Security Policies—New (create the new security settings that you want to apply) and save it as a template.
    You will still need to open the files individually and apply the template on each file. But this would be an easier way around.

11. Cannot access the OK button on the security details screen. I have a small screen and it is not visible.

Read the details in the Adobe Support Case.

Case #0189029806

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

No update from user.
    Does not seem to be product issue.

12. Acrobat DC Pro hides the 'digital signature' field unless you follow a very convoluted series of steps to find it. Recommend ALWAYS having the digital signature option available. Also, recommend disambiguating between 'signature' 'initial' and 'digital signature' fields. Conceptually very similar. Functionally very different.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To use Digital Signature on Acrobat/Reader, if you have a signature field present on the pdf, you still can click on the document field and it would initiate the digital signature workflow. This functionality is still present in Acrobat DC. If you want to draw a signature on the pdf outside a signature box, please go to Tools—Certificates—Digitally Sign. That would enable you to draw a box on the pdf for the signature.

13. Currently, if you PDF a document and added the current Protection features in order to stop it from being converted back to Word. You can actually upload it to many PDF to Word converters on the internet and it will convert the PDF document back to Word without asking for the password. So a better security feature is needed. Especially for company sensitive documents that I want to PDF, protect and stop anyone from converting back to word.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear User,

While implementing password protection, Acrobat warns user that ,third party apps may not honor the permissions that are being set on the file. Please open the file in Acrobat/Reader itself to honor the permissions.
    Or you can protect the document with certificate .

14. Adobe Reader XI was given a 64 bit IE plugin in patch 11.0.7, but the 64 bit IE plugin has not been included with Adobe Acrobat XI.

1. 64 bit IE plugin - required to run IE 11 with Enhanced Protected Mode
    2. Include the same 64 bit IE plugin, that was added to Adobe Reader XI in patch 11.0.7, to Adobe Acrobat XI
    3. Verified in Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2
    4. When IE 11 is configured with Enhanced Protected Mode, sites that are in the Trusted Zone open in a 32-bit process and will use the 32 bit IE plugin. Sites…
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Since last update of Adobe Acrobat Std/Pro, our engineers are not able to sign drawings cause now a predifined rectangle appears which is way too large. People have to sign at the right side of the drawings (DIN A0) with a very small rectangle. You have now to place the new predefined rectangle where top left corner have to fit with top left corner of drawing field. Therefor, you have to zoom out the document to be able to place the rectangle. That way, it's hard to see if you sign the right field at the drawing. Signing hundreds of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Open a protected document with the correct password.
    2. Try to unsecure the document in "Document Properties" -> "Security", choose "no security"
    3. A pop-up asking password shows up, Enter the same correct password as used to open the document.
    4. "The password is incorrect". Cannot unsecure the document.

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The issue is resolved for the user