Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for multiple signatures

I work with contracts that require at least 2 signatures. The current version of Acrobat does not allow a second person to sign after the first one does, no matter how much I verify the signature. I can't even add a digital signature when the other person has digitally signed the document. This worked fine in previous versions of Acrobat- why was this changed?

7 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Enhanced security breaks printing

Several of our clients who use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC have complained of issues printing PDF's. After troubleshooting the issue we found the cause to be the Enhanced Security option located in Security (Enhanced) in the Preferences. If this option is enabled, disabling it allows our staff to print. We even came to a point where we had to enable it and then disable it to fix printing. This issue seems to have started several weeks ago.

OS affected:
      Windows 10 Pro
      Windows 7 Pro

5 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • I humbly request that you do away with "you can't sign this document because it's already been signed"

So i click on "remove restrictions on this document" and then it asks for a password. Me no HAVE a password, WHAT password? wtf are you talking about? WHERE do i find this golden password that i've never created? wtf am I paying for this for

4 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • make duplicate digital signature fields

Whenever a digital signature field is added, we do not get the option to duplicate it. This would be very helpful in cases where same person has to sign on multiple pages in a document.
          At present, it is giving the option to duplicate across pages, however, it is not working nor it is giving any error message.
          Please include this feature in Acrobat, or grey out the duplicate across pages option.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Bug- Acrobat PDF Form document with digital signature fields does not launch

Since Friday, November 17th, 2017, we cannot open adobe acrobat form documents that contains digital signature fields. When we try to open the document, Adobe Acrobat application is not responding. First, I thought it is about verifying the digital signatures but even the unsigned form cannot be open. Also same document that digitally signed before cannot be open.

I created this form using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC in April 2017. It was working fine until November 17th, 2017. All our users have same problem.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Continuous Release | Version:…

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bug report: After update 18.011.20035/15.006.30143 Password Required to open form

Windows 7 64 bits
              Acrobat DC Continuous 2018.011.20035
              Windows 10 64 bits
              Acrobat DC Classic 2015.006.20143

Unable to open our standard time sheet, which is a .pdf form, and has been in use for years.
              Form opens as usual on computers that have not received the recent update.
              When we try to open the form after the Acrobat update, form requires password to open ('std634.pdf' is protected. Please enter a Document Open Password.)

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Just bought Acrobat DC to find that i "can't edit this document because it's already been signed" why did i buy this stupid thing then

Just bought Acrobat DC to find that i "can't edit this document because it's already been signed" why did i buy this stupid thing then

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Bypassed Password

This is a bug report.
                  I used Adobe Pro DC to encrypt documents for emailing to outside agencies among other things. Today, I discovered after sending a document to a co-worker for review, the default PDF reader on Windows allows access without the password required... simply by hitting the cancel options. I spoke with the Adobe Pro help line for an hour today and they asked me to write this report. The application used is called Windows reader, when opened you cannot print or edit but you can view the document without any obstacles, I was also able to take…

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  5 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Digital Signature from Page Template

When a page is spawned from a page template that contains a digital signature, the digital signature field does not retain the set "signed" action. (I.E. mark field as read only: all fields), or a script to be executed.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Bug Report

When I make a change to a file with Adobe Pro DC and try to save the file, Windows Defender is blocking access to the "Control Folder Access". It says to add the Adobe Pro DC exe file as a safe app. I can not locate the path. I have Windows 10 Creators Update OS.

Please Advise

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• protecting file not intentionally how to fix it?

I don't know how I have protected the file, was not intentionally. How could I reverse it if I don't know the password? I think cause I fill the form in my computer I should be able to reverse do I? Please I need a help with it. tjhanks

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• search password protected file

sorry if this already here. i want to search a file secured with permissions password. and add highlights too...

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear user,

Please launch the file in Acrobat /Reader. Press CTRL+D and check Security tab in Document properties.
                            Please check the Document Restrictions Summary to see the list of actions permitted.
                            Please could you share a screenshot of the same.

• forgotten my acrobat password to edit

I somehow have put a password on acrobat where it automatically puts paswords on all of my documents and i cant remeber what the password is.... this means i and others can open documents but we cant edit them????

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Certified Sigs Should Allow Timestamping by Judicial Court E-Filing Systems

Our county's superior court system requires that we e-file all documents into the court; upon filing a document with the system ("LINX"), LINX timestamps it.

This doesn't work with a certified e-signed document, because Adobe locks the document from future editing. If I try to e-file a certified copy, LINX immediately rejects the file, because of course LINX can't timestamp it.

I'm forced to print out the file, physically scan it again, and e-file the document that I had e-signed in the first place! Am I missing a checkbox somewhere that I can check, to force Adobe to allow editing…

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Molly, Kevin,

Thanks for writing to us.

From what I understand, you require your PDF to be digitally signed again, after you have shared it after certifying and digitally signing by your signature? Can you please try these steps and see if this is what you require:

1. Open PDF in Acrobat DC. From Tools→ select ‘Prepare form’ app and click Start. Add (at least) 2 signature fields from top toolbar and save the document
                                2. Right click on the first signature field and select ‘Certify with visible signature’. In the Certify Document dialog that comes up, under ‘Permitted Actions After Certifying’, select ‘Form fill-in and digital signatures’
                                3. Now sign the document by adding your signature
                                4. Send the document to LINX now

Does this solve your problem? Please let us know.

Thanks,
                                -amboo

• Digital signature is too complex for the average Joe, i.e. me

You need to make this easier and less quirky. I'm using a mac and have downloaded acrobat pro for windows and mac. It's taken me ages and youtube videos to create a digital signature and on a blank pdf I can add it. But when sent a pdf that already contains digital signatures it won't let me sign. In the end I used Mac Preview. This obliterated the original signatures but at least I could sign and send it back for resignature by others. The whole exercise is very unpleasant and very very annoying.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Acrobat Pro sets some form fields to "visible but doesn't print" (even after it is set to "Visible") when a digital signature is applied.

Acrobat Pro sets some form fields to "visible but doesn't print" in my document even after I have set it to "Visible" when a digital signature is applied. I have to keep opening up old documents and fix fields that were automatically changed when I specifically set them to be "Visible" again.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• DocHub Security Patch

It would be good to have some sort of solution/ patch/ workaround/ update to prevent Google DocHub from being able to edit locked forms. I've noticed that by dropping an adobe pdf into DocHub does a few things:
                                    1. Even if document password protected to prevent editing it is easily editable and doesnt seem to honor those security settings
                                    2. When document is locked after signing DocHub allows all the previously fillable fields to be edited while still retaining the original signature
                                    3. even if a fillable form is converted to flattened copy, once dropped into DocHub all the fillable…

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • E-signed PDF Files Became Password Locked Unintentionally

At the time I got e-signed PDF files from our business partner I could open the files. However suddenly the files got password locked although nobody didn't make password lock on the file.

This phenomena happens under specific environments and not happens under another specific environments I write following.

As additional information, I indexed PDF files including above files. Nevertheless almost all of indexed PDF files haven't gotten password locked, so that I cannot attribute the reason of unintentional password lock to indexing.

[Environments Recognize The Files As "Password Locked]
                                      Windows Server 2012 R2 (64bit)
                                      Adobe Acrobat Pro DC …

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Don't see your idea?
                                      Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base