Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enhanced security breaks printing

Several of our clients who use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC have complained of issues printing PDF's. After troubleshooting the issue we found the cause to be the Enhanced Security option located in Security (Enhanced) in the Preferences. If this option is enabled, disabling it allows our staff to print. We even came to a point where we had to enable it and then disable it to fix printing. This issue seems to have started several weeks ago.

OS affected:
    Windows 10 Pro
    Windows 7 Pro

5 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • I humbly request that you do away with "you can't sign this document because it's already been signed"

So i click on "remove restrictions on this document" and then it asks for a password. Me no HAVE a password, WHAT password? wtf are you talking about? WHERE do i find this golden password that i've never created? wtf am I paying for this for

5 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Restrict editing/copying not working (when allowing printing)

The feature "Restrict editing/copying" under Permissions not working when allowing printing. This is a problem as I need to send documents where people can read/print them but shouldn't be able to copy/edit the text to protect our intelectual property as much as possible.
        I have worked with the Adobe support team and they have acknowledged the bug and asked me to detail it here. Please include a fix in your next release, thanks.

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Add Digital Initials image

Add ability to Digital Initials of using an image file instead, JUST like for Signature, please.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • make duplicate digital signature fields

Whenever a digital signature field is added, we do not get the option to duplicate it. This would be very helpful in cases where same person has to sign on multiple pages in a document.
            At present, it is giving the option to duplicate across pages, however, it is not working nor it is giving any error message.
            Please include this feature in Acrobat, or grey out the duplicate across pages option.

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • 1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow for multiple change options to be selected in Password Security.

Please break out all the current change options to allow more than one option be enabled under password protection. Really have a need to be able to have two of the four options (e.g., insert, delete, comment, fill and sign) available. What would be really nice is if we could select the Tools that are not available under password security and in any configuration. Your consideration would be so very appreciated!!!!

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Security Quick Tool does not work

Using DC Pro and my quick tool button for encryption does not work mostly, and is sporadic at best. i open the file select the security icon on the quick tools and if it allows me to use it, it is fine. most of the time,i will select the icon and the #2 selection and then nothing happens, no further pop up screen. I go back in to select the icon and the features are greyed out, forcing me to go the long way around to add the password.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• ADOBE failure queries OCSP with DNIe and the new ACRAIZDNIE2 hierarchy

Hello, the signatures made on a PDF with the identification card of Spain (DNIe) the product does not manage to validate it correctly since the hierarchy that signs the OCSP response has been modified and instead of being signed by a subordinate the root itself does.

The OCSP response is signed by the following certificate:

https://www.dnie.es/descargas/certificados/Ocsp_Responder_AV_DNIE_FNMT_AC_RAIZ_DNIE_2_0320 18.zip

This certificate is issued directly by the Root Authority:
                    https://www.dnie.es/ZIP/ACRAIZ-DNIE2.zip

Why does the PDF indicate "certificate not valid for use?

There is a test set available to make a valid signature and another with certificate revoked at this link:
                    https://www.dnie.es/descargas/certificados/Set_Certificados_Pruebas.rar

Thank you very…

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Blur/Redact sections of a document until a password is entered to reveal detail.

Rather than restricting the entire document with a password, for documents published to large audiences but only some need to see specific details, allow a blurred box to be included on sections of a document that can be removed if someone enters the password specifically in that section while reviewing the document.

This would be page-specific security, not document level security. Useful on large reports that cover many areas that are distributed on different level of an organization.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • PDF created with Adobe Pro and password protected won't open with browser. Gives 'incorrect password' message. Password works fine on mac

I have a pdf document, password protected, works fine. Password is fine, document opens on my desktop mac or any operating system. However, when I upload the document to our website: japanstudy.earlham.edu (Enrollment Procedures - 2018-19 Handbook), I receive this error message. Attached is the screenshot of the error. I cannot fix this, no matter if I change the password or try a variety of settings.

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ability to disable Password Encryption for PDF documents, without disabling Protected Mode

In order to disable the password encryption option within Adobe Acrobat Standard and Professional DC, the complete security suite under Protected Mode needs to be disabled. This means that Enterprises that don't want users to password encrypt PDF documents have to remove the built in Sandboxing solution for PDF documents, thus compromising their security controls.
                          There should be a granular capability to disable the option to password encrypt PDF documents, without having to turn-off other security features.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• I cant change the signature?

Why cant I change the signature now?

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Support symmetric curve signature / PSS padding validation

Currently the PDF signature routines of Acrobat fail when using certain certificates. As an SecSigner employee explains, this may be due to symmetric curve crypt algorithms or using PSS padding, cf. https://seccommerce.com/anforderungen-an-den-secsigner-im-rahmen-von-etsi/ (in German)

E.g. current PDF files by amazon.de result in the following error (German Acrobat DC installation, no pending updates):

Fehler bei Unterschriftsprüfung.

Bei der Prüfung ist ein Fehler aufgetreten:

Interner kryptografischer Bibliotheksfehler.
                              Fehlercode: 0x2726

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Need to be able to add in electronic signature the document is not "edible" !

Need a area after signature to add in electronic signatures.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Could you please explain your issue in a bit more detail and how it affects the Fill and sign application?

Regards,
                                  Sandeep

• Validation of signed PDFs against (all applicable national) law(s)

In Switzerland, as in the EU and many other countries, appropriately digitally signed documents in PDF format are legally fully equivalent to paper-based original documents, signed in handwriting by (one or more) signatories in the presence of witnesses.

STATUS QUO

Country specific differences in national law applicable to establishing the legal adequacy of digitally signed documents with their paper-based equivalents require country specific validation of digitally signed documents against applicable sets of criteria.

The following criteria need to be fulfilled, in order for a digitally signed PDF file to be considered VALID in the sense of LEGALLY COMPLIANT with the…

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Digital signature is too complex for the average Joe, i.e. me

You need to make this easier and less quirky. I'm using a mac and have downloaded acrobat pro for windows and mac. It's taken me ages and youtube videos to create a digital signature and on a blank pdf I can add it. But when sent a pdf that already contains digital signatures it won't let me sign. In the end I used Mac Preview. This obliterated the original signatures but at least I could sign and send it back for resignature by others. The whole exercise is very unpleasant and very very annoying.

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• forgotten my acrobat password to edit

I somehow have put a password on acrobat where it automatically puts paswords on all of my documents and i cant remeber what the password is.... this means i and others can open documents but we cant edit them????

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  4 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • search password protected file

sorry if this already here. i want to search a file secured with permissions password. and add highlights too...

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear user,

Please launch the file in Acrobat /Reader. Press CTRL+D and check Security tab in Document properties.
                                          Please check the Document Restrictions Summary to see the list of actions permitted.
                                          Please could you share a screenshot of the same.

• Bug Report

When I make a change to a file with Adobe Pro DC and try to save the file, Windows Defender is blocking access to the "Control Folder Access". It says to add the Adobe Pro DC exe file as a safe app. I can not locate the path. I have Windows 10 Creators Update OS.

Please Advise

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?
                                          Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base