Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

589 results found

1. Hi, please investigate why Adobe Acrobat Reader on Windows cannot view signature signed (hand signature) from iPad/iPhone

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When reading a book from the adobe document cloud, it's always a necessity to have an internet connection. But sometimes it could really help if there's an option to make the file available offline, synced to the latest changes. We can always save the file locally, but that would not help to sync the changes like notes/highlights made on the file to other devices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I share PDFs to clients and they correctly receive the email and click the button link which displays the shared PDF.
    I'm sure that in the past I've received email notifications whenever they have viewed the file. (The status of the PDF then updates in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC desktop app to say 'VIEWED' or 'OPENED'.)
    Recently I've had no notifications and no updates and yet the client HAS received and viewed the PDF. Through much testing, I've worked out that the notifications/updates only trigger if the client is signed in to Adobe (with an Adobe ID) which I find…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adobe Reader suffering from delays when printing PDF files, switched reader to Edge or Foxit same files print without any issue. Repair install performed along w/ complete removal + reinstall of Reader but issues continued. End users reported problem did not appear until recently, possibly a bug with the latest build.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It seems that after updating to Big Sur, I cannot save files locally on my desktop from a remote server. When I open the file off the server and then go to save as to my desktop, I get an End of File was reached unexpectedly error. I am running Reader version 21.001.20155. This error does not happen on macOS Catalina 10.15.7 so I am not sure if this is something Adobe or Apple has to fix. I will be filing a separate ticket with Apple on this matter. Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Concerning the window "Recent opened" or "last viewed", I am not sure of the name since my language version is polish.
    I had a file on the list, that I wanted to view again. Unfortunately it was on a share that was not connected at the moment.
    Acrobat Reader could not open it, and it removed it from the list. I connected the share, but I lost the possibility to open the file since it was not on the list anymore. I had to find it again, what was really time consuming.
    The file should be kept on the list…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Windows 10 20H2 updated.
    Adobe Reader Product Version - 21.1.20115.433178
    Adobe Reader File Version - 21.1.20155.39962

When opening the program immediately it stops work and returns a "Not Responding" message. It occurs after opening the program being impossible to click in any tab or enter in the configuration menu or help tab.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Version 2021.001.20150. I think you introduced a bug in the latest version, because I can no longer find a way to print double-sided. I'm using an HP Envy 4500 printer, which certainly does support double-sided printing, and I've used Acrobat Reader for years, but lately I can no longer print double-sided. When I press Properties in the print dialog box, that choice no longer appears.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I am a professor of Ancient Greek, and use many documents that use polytonic Greek fonts. For some reason, when I copy-paste from PDFs opened in Adobe Reader on a Mac (no problems on a PC!), one particular character doesn't get copies (ἀ). Many similar characters are just fine (e.g. ἁ, ᾶ, ά, ἂ etc). When I open the same files with other programs/browsers on the Mac, there are no issues. I know this is hyperspecific, but I wanted to bring it to your attention.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Reader highlights, but doesn't copy the accented Greek alpha with smooth breathing in text:

GREEK SMALL LETTER ALPHA WITH PSILI
    Unicode: U+1F00, UTF-8: E1 BC 80

pdftotext reads it just fine, as does MacOS PDF reading system.

Example PDF: https://geoffreysteadman.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/platosymp-sept14.pdf

letter on several pages including p. 22.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We have multiple users with this intermittent issue. Some times the PDF font will show up properly, sometimes it is gibberish and unreadable. It is inconsistent and I cannot seem to resolve the issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I just purchased the Adobe Acrobat PDF Pack...the UPGRADED one...fotr $ $18 per year. And it does not convert ACSM files to PDF. That is not good and not functional. Please fix it and please let me know when it is done. Thank you.

Bidut Chowdhury

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello, I have found a bug. When in the following configuration:

• Read Mode OR Fixed-width scrolling
    • Viewing two pages at once (i.e. bottom of one page and top of the next page are both visible on screen)
    • Using the touchscreen of my 2-in-1 (HP Elitebook G4 if that's relevant) to highlight text

I am able to tap once to select a word on either page, but one one of the two pages, I am not able to alter that selection (i.e. grab the little handles at either end of the selection and expand it to include more text). Instead, it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adobe Reader DC for Windows keeps files locked after they have been closed. It is necessary to completely close Adobe Reader DC for the files to be closed. Please fix this bug!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When double clicking a file in Windows Explorer where the path is longer than 260 characters does not work as default. But I have been able to create a workaround that enable this.

If I type the following in cmd.exe:
    AcroRd32.exe "C:\Very long path\file.pdf" then that will fail.

If I enable "Enable Win32 long paths" in Group Policy and try the same command, then it works. This means that long paths are supported when it is enabled in Windows.

I created a bat-file like this:
    set str=%1
    set str=%str:\?=%
    AcroRd32.exe %str%

This will remove \?\ from the first argument and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have a Microsoft Word file that has custom page size specified in the layout (specifically width 6.14" height 9.14"). There are also custom margins. When I convert to pdf via File > Print > Microsoft Print to PDF a pdf file is created but the page size is not correct. A pdf file is created that is 8.5"x11" not 6.14"x9.21". After trying to debug and spending 6+ hours with Microsoft tech support, there seems to be a problem on the Adobe side when the Word file is passed to Adobe to be converted into a pdf. I have noticed…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Printing button in browser still doesn't work with 21.001.20138 PLEASE FIX ASAP. Win10 Pro 20H2

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have had issues for several months with the thumbnails on PDF icons only. They are sometimes transparent, solid black, or have the PDF icon only. I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times. I have "enable PDF thumbnails in Windows Explorer" selected. Adobe Acrobat DC Reader is my default program with version 2021.001.20135. I have tried many things over a while, as this really was bugging me. Tonight I installed "Fixes for 64-bit Adobe Reader preview handler and thumbnails" from:
    https://www.pretentiousname.com/adobe_pdf_x64_fix/index.html#thank

I figured I had nothing to lose and surprisingly it fixed the issue, especially as it hasn't been updated…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Since Microsoft ran an update this week the create pdf function in Word is now crashing. Are you aware and working on the fix?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?