Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

589 results found

1. Acrobat Reader is unable to correctly interpret some mountpoint reparse points (junctions). In practical terms: Acrobat Reader is unable to access PDF files from file systems mounted as directories and this is the root cause of the problem.

Junctions are special symbolic links that are used in many scenarios; an important one is when a file system is mounted as a directory rather than a regular drive. Junctions contain 2 paths: a “substitute” path which must be a path in the NTOS namespace (not a Win32 path) and a “print” path, which is to be used for display to…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Edit >> Preferences >> Language >> Application Language.

Change to CHOOSE AT APPLICATION STARTUP

This setting is IGNORED: No way to choose at startup, and the setting reverts back to English.

Windows 10, 2004, Adobe Acrobat Reader ver. 2020.013.20064

Reproduced on 2 different machines.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have a Microsoft Word file that has custom page size specified in the layout (specifically width 6.14" height 9.14"). There are also custom margins. When I convert to pdf via File > Print > Microsoft Print to PDF a pdf file is created but the page size is not correct. A pdf file is created that is 8.5"x11" not 6.14"x9.21". After trying to debug and spending 6+ hours with Microsoft tech support, there seems to be a problem on the Adobe side when the Word file is passed to Adobe to be converted into a pdf. I have noticed…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The DFS bug has shown it's head again. Win 2019 servers offering DFS fileshares to Win10 clients will no longer allow multiple PDFs to be opened from the OS interface, because of Protected Mode.

Any other combination works fine (non-Win2019, non-Win10, non-DFS shares, disable Protected Mode).

Now that the vastly popular Win 2008r2 is out of support, many more organizations are upgrading to Win 2019. Disabling Protected Mode via registry GPO is a poor workaround.

Please fix!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As of this post, Adobe Reader allows for the option to connect your Google Drive account to it, to view pdfs from the "My Drive" folder (on Google Drive) on the Reader.

Description of desired feature:
    I would like the option to view pdfs in folders that are in the "Shared with Me" folder of Google Drive along with the ones in "My Drive"

Why this feature is needed:
    Increases the utility of the Adobe Reader on Google Drive.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When viewing PDF documents containing images on my wide gamut monitor using Acrobat Read DC (Windows 10), images have oversaturated colors.
    The same PDFs looks OK when opened in Photoshop or previewed in Bridge.

See also this thread:
    - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/problem-with-color-management-wide-gamut-monitor/m-p/10982293

I have done some systematic testing. There seems to be a color management problem/error in the (urrent Windows version of Acrobat Reader DC:

Procedure

I have made two test images:

• image-AdobeRGB.jpg: - a JPEG image file with an Adobe RGB (1998) embedded color profile
    • image-sRGB.jpg: - a JPEG image file with a sRGB IEC61966-2.1 embedded color profile

For each image…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. i am using adobe acrobat reader DC 32 bit. in windows 7 pc.while using the higlter option if found out that after highlighting when we click on the highlighted sentence we are not unable to enlarge it.

the enlargment sign comes on but it is not working.

plz kindly look into it.

yours truly.

S N chirag.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am not able easily download my files made in Adobe Scan PDF app to my computer from web interface in a bunch. I am not obliged to download few files, as your system is not able download 600+ files even 100 files :(. This makes your Cloud application worthless.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Execute most recent AR DC (32-bit), click on any of the recently opened PDF files from list, file opens and content displays, then AR DC locks up, requiring use of Task Manager to kill it.
    Error message shows in popup window:
    logAPI.startLogSession("OneAppIsReady"); https://rna-resource.acrobat.com/onboarding?showing=pdfOwnership&variant=3 @font-face {font-family: adobe-clean; src: local('Segoe UI');}@font-face {font-family: adobe-clean Semibold; src: local('Segoe UI Semibold');}@font-face {font-family: adobe-clean; font-weight: bold; src: local('Segoe UI');}

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the issue you are facing.
    1) Have you applied a latest patch of Win10-2004 after which you are facing this issue ?

2) Could you confirm me the current version of Acrobat Reader DC that you have ?

3) Could you please do Help → Repair Installation and see if it fixes the issue ?

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

10. Hello.
    I installed the AIP plugin on Acrobat Reader DC(version: 2020.013.20066) and now I can view labeled PDFs.

However, if you open the PDF file many times, it may not open properly.

This is an excerpt from mip_sdk.miplog at that time.

------mip_sdk.miplog:start

Info 2020-12-03 15:03:06.366 audit.cpp:380 MSRMSPIBroker (2476) "Audit-Enabled was set, isEnabled=" mip::Audit::SetIsAuditEnabled 6984
    Warning 2020-12-03 15:03:06.366 policyrule.cpp:42 MSRMSPIBroker (2476) "Could not find Action ApplyContentMarking in ActionFactory." mip::PolicyRule::Create 6984
    Warning 2020-12-03 15:03:06.366 policy
    rule.cpp:42 MSRMSPIBroker (2476) "Could not find Action ApplyContentMarking in ActionFactory." mip::PolicyRule::Create 6984
    Warning 2020-12-03 15:03:06.366 policyrule.cpp:42 MSRMSPIBroker (2476) "Could not find Action ApplyContentMarking in ActionFactory."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. when clicking "help" > "generate system report" > "send report", the dialog that opens is completely outdated and not usable.

it doesn't recognize the default Mail app on Windows 10, it just prompts me to use a web service like yahoo or gmail.

besides that, the WHOLE adobe reader program is outdated. i'm 1000% sure it has code that is more than 10 years old and it definitely needs to be rewritten from scratch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The request is to allow for selective sync on libraries because the creative cloud is taking up too much space and storage on my computer and a lot of my libraries do not need direct access at this time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This issue is best illustrated with an example.

I generated a 5x5 png test image (test1.png) with transparent background and a 1 pixel wide green strip through the middle, embedded it into an svg (test1.svg), converted it to a pdf using inkscape (test1.pdf) and then viewed it in Acrobat Reader DC on windows 10, downloaded and installed today (2020-01-27). The result is shown in the attached image test1_acrobat_windows.png.

Notice how the green band fades first to gray, then to white, instead of fading directly to white. The same pdf file rendered with PDF.js looks like one would expect, as seen…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. This is not an idea, it's a bug report. So when you try to use the "Share" button and "Send As attachment" via an open Adobe plugin PDF file in Internet Explorer, since the latest Office/Outlook update, Adobe is unable to open Outlook as the default mail client. It throws an error trying to open a new email. The next time I look at it I'll grab a screenshot of the error and attach it. It seems that the Adobe plugin for IE in particular does not work well with IE and the latest Outlook version right now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. windows 10 64bit with 20H2 update. fully updated.

go to preferences > security (enhanced) > enable protected view for ALL Files & run in appcontainer.

i downloaded a pdf from my bank with my card statements and double clicked it.
    i opened the search box and tried to search for something, clicking somewhere in the app window, freezes the entire app and won't respond and must be forced closed.

this behavior has never happened even on older v11 versions with protected view enabled.

the app shouldn't freeze when searching with protected view enabled.

continuous release reader 2020.013.20064
    version file 20.013.20064.12623…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hi,

after provided more tests were found that (in my case) reason and solution (I saw that behaviour from August 2020 to till now)

Description of workaround and provided steps
    - Openned pdf document in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (still updated version, recently 2020.013.20074),
    - In Adobe File/Share file/Outlook message (Office 365 still update, recently version 16.0.13530.20132, 64bit),
    - Then is automatically opened Outlook new message,
    - message is fulfilled with the data and addresses, then click on send,
    - Outlook and Adobe are still opened,

• standard work in both and next application (time to time (hapened not always, olny…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hello,
    After going through all options, I haven't found one feature I really desire. I would love to print brooklet, however, there is no option for manual duplex printing.
    Ex. after choosing brooklet, there is no option to choose it. The only way is the manual printing, ex/ 1 and 68, manual pages flip in the printer, 2-67... new page :)

Would it be ever possible to print brooklet both-sided for printers not supporting automatic duplex?

Looking to hear back from you guys and I believe you would add this feature in future realeases :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello,

Problem description
    Adobe Reader DC - crash during save pdf file after created signature

Used SW
    - Win 10 (ver 10.0.19042.685)
    - Adobe Acrobar Reader DC 2020.013.20074

in Adobe Acrobar Reader DC is document digitally signed and during saving the pdf file is Adobe Reader crashed (it is happened from last update of DC).
    Attached dump reports for further analysis (link valid till 7th January 2021, xou can download dump files from link https://osram-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/p/m_salka/EvkOvT59codChrmsyZA-VdoBurOAkScYaTK02S-x38wIiw?e=CIDs9x).

If is needed to extend the validity of OneDrive link, please contact me.

Please give me feedback about result of your investigation and repair.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please create a v3 third-party update file for SCCM, so we are able to automatically download en deploy Adobe software updates to endpoints.

More information about this new feature of SCCM 1910 see:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/configmgr/sum/deploy-use/third-party-software-updates#bkmk_1910

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This appears to be an ongoing issue for the past several years and I am still experiencing what so many others have found. There is a problem printing a LARGE (100+) PDF with mixed legal and letter sized pages using Adobe Reader on a Mac with a Brother laser printer.

I think that Adobe support has not been able to recreate the issue because their test file has only two pages. If they create a 100+ page test file with mixed letter and legal and they should be able to replicate the issue.

Here is what I have:

I have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)