Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for tagged PDF (PDF/UA) via system Level Accessibility APIs (e.g. VoiceOver)

The PDF/UA ("tagged PDF") standard was established in 2012 to add accessibility features to the PDF format using a system of tags.

The tags add semantic information to a document, "marking up" such elements as headings, lists, figures, tables and other common document idioms.

PDF/UA also offers a 'read order' feature, which allows content to be presented in a non-visual way which corresponds to the intended sequence.

These features may be created and edited using Acrobat Pro, which is good. although Acrobat Pro is currently unable to generate or accurately assess a fully compliant PDF/UA file without additional 3rd party…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Acrocef.exe Resource exhaustion detector causing windows to crash to black screen

V 21.007.20091
    Crashes to black screen and have to hard power off the machine or a ACROCEF.exe - system error unknown hard error
    Happening on MANY client machines. Having to un-install adobe reader DC to resolve issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 件名:「Acrobat Reader DC」におけるショートカットキーについて

意見ないし要望:
    以下の機能を担うショートカットキーを、新たに設けて欲しい。
    また、それに当たって、当方の希望するショートカットキーの設定も、併せて例示しておく。

1.単ページ表示 : S キー
    2.見開き表示 : D キー (理由:上記「S キー」と位置的に近い)
    3.全画面表示 : F キー
    4.全画面表示解除 : F キー または Esc キー

これらは、おそらくは、こと「閲覧」の際においては、割合良く使うものとなるだろうと思われるので、なるべく「ワンボタン操作」にしておいて欲しい。

――――――――――――――――――――

理由ないし詳細:
    フルスクリーンで表示している状態のままで、「単ページ表示」と「見開き表示」とを切り替えたい、と思っている。
    また、「ウィンドウ表示」と「フルスクリーン(全画面表示)」とを切り替える、といった事も、閲覧の際の操作としては、割と良く有る事だと思われる。
    これらについて、ショートカットキーの新設を願う。

私見だが、これらは、こと「閲覧」といった用途においては、かなり基本的なものであるように思われる。
    こういった「当たり前」ともいえる機能が、未だに整備されていない、とかいった事は、
    当該ソフトウェアが、こと「閲覧」を主目的としているユーザーに対して、配慮を欠いている、と言わざるを得ない。

また、これも私見だが、当該ソフトウェアの使途としては、おそらくは9割方が、いわゆる「読み専」であろうと思われる。
    文書作成(書き専?)などの使途は、全体の内の1割程度に過ぎないのではないか、と思われる。
    それらの比率から見ても、いわゆる「読み専」とされるようなユーザーに対するフォローは、もう少し配慮されて然るべきであるように思われる。

あと、これは少し発展的な意見となるかもしれないが、
    この際、「読み専」用に特化したようなアプリを、新規に開発もしくは配布なさっても良いのかもしれない。
    実際、当該アプリは、「読み専」としては不必要である機能が多過ぎる。
    その結果として、アプリとしての「軽快性」や「堅牢性」「簡易性」などが損なわれてしまっては、本末転倒である。
    よって、この際、「読み専」用に特化したような、簡易版ともいえるアプリを、Adobe自ら、新規に作成なさっては如何かと思う。
    上記にても有るように、その使途の9割方は、おそらく「読み専」である。
    想定されるユーザー数ないしニーズは、充分に大きい、と思われる。
    こういった重要な案件を、「他社任せ」などとしてはならない、と思う。
    差し出がましいかもしれないが・・・、
    これを「Acrobat Reader Light」とでも、仮に命名しておく。
    ご参考までに・・・。(笑)

――――――――――――――――――――

追記:
    本件は、以下のフォーラムにて、議論されました。
    ご参考までに、ご確認下さい。

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-acrobat-dc-for-mobile%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9%E3%83%A0/%E3%83%91%E3%82%BD%E3%82%B3%E3%83%B3%E7%89%88%E3%81%AE-acrobat-reader-dc-%E3%81%AE%E6%93%8D%E4%BD%9C%E6%96%B9%E6%B3%95%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6-%E8%B3%AA%E5%95%8F%E3%81%A7%E3%81%99/m-p/12533632

以上です。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Build in an EPUB Reader and Allow for EPUB Embedding

The Reader app (all platforms) should be more generalized to allow "reading" of both EPUB or PDF documents.

Similarly, we should be able to embed an EPUB into a PDF file. (PDF has a robust method that allows it to embed other file formats.)

Then, we should have a switch in Reader that would let a user to switch from PDF to reflowable EPUB and back again.

While I understand that Adobe is investing heavily in Liquid Mode, this EPUB method would be far more reliable for people who need to control the design of both static and reflowable modes.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How to remove the Quickbooks error 6210

To remove the Quickbooks error 6210 firstly you should turn off third-party applications like antivirus and anti-malware. For certain QuickBooks files, third-party programs pose a hazard to the system. As a result, by marking the Quarantine section of QuickBooks and then checking for deleted things, you can stop the third-party software.
    Read more : https://mathomatic.org/quickbooks-error-6210/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3d measure tool enable in Secured 3D PDF

HI. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 and Adobe Reader DC.
    I think there is security bug at Adobe Reader DC when handling 3d-pdf files.

The problem is enabling 3d measurement tools at Adobe Reader DC with secured 3d-pdf files made by Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020.
    I contacted to region customer service about this problem and received this function is intended option.

Customer center said that you’d better to contact bug report if you want to know about further information.

I should have not have bought Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 bundle if enabling 3d measurement tools for secured 3d-pdf…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Advantages of Quickbooks file doctor

If you are unaware of the Quickbooks File Doctor's Advantages and Benefits of
    Using this tool, it has several benefits and some of them are

network and connectivity setup issues can be easily resolved.

Its primary purpose is to fix -6000 series errors such as QuickBooks Error 6150, Quickbooks Error 6000 305, Error Code 6189, QuickBooks Error Code 6000 82, etc.

Additionally, it is the tool of choice for resolving errors from the H series: Error H101, Error H202, Error H303, Error H505, etc.

When your data gets lost or corrupted, you can rely on it to help you back…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug: Acrobat Reader 64bits Windows crashes when 3rdParty Plugin installed

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Install Acrobat Reader 64bits on Windows
    2. Install any 3rdPargy Acrobat Reader plug-in, e.g. the "BasicPlugin" from Acrobat SDK samples
    3. Launch Acrobat Reader 64bits
    4. Acrobat Reader 64bits was launched, but after 3~4 seconds, Application crashed.

Notes:
    * Only an issue on Windows
    * Only an issue on Acrobat Reader 64bits.
    * Not an issue for Acrobat Reader 32bits
    * Not an issue for Acrobat DC 64bits
    * This can be simply reproduced by using the "BasicPlugin" sample that comes with Acrobat SDK

Please consider fixing the crash.

Screenshots & debug call stacks:

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. PERFORMING PAGE RECOGNITION

The automatic OCR feature needs to be dropped and replaced with the option to use freely. It should be an option because we pay for this service. Clicking the box for text recognition does not work, it simply turns my pdf into jpg which then makes it uneditable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. ability to add a bookmark from the hovering mouse (not the right-click options)

Hello, when i am annotating text, with Adobe reader on PC, it would be really helpful when the mouse is hovering over the word i have selected, that i can bookmark and highlighted from the floating options. can you help thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG: Copy / Paste text in PDF letters with accents paste as a space on Mac Big Sur

The copy paste function doesn't work with words that contain letters with accents on my Mac running Big Sur. Letters with accents paste as a space. It doesn't matter where I paste the text. The result is the same. This is a real problem for people using languages with a lot of accents. I'm able to open the same PDF using Preview and copy/paste the same text and see all the letters.

I opened another PDF that was created years ago with accented letters. The copy/paste worked in my browser and in Preview. I had the same problem when copying/pasting…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Quickbooks

What is Quickbooks license error after clone?
    Quickbooks is one of the leading accounting software for customers to choose to clone the operations that assist the QuickBooks consumer to carry out better. However, this software program also can cause errors. Due to the cloning, you may face many post-cloning errors, one in each of them is QuickBooks License Error after Clone.
    https://qberror.com/quickbooks-license-error/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How to resolve Quickbooks update error 1603?

Software such as QuickBooks offers many value-added features. QuickBooks is the accounting software of choice for almost all small and medium-sized businesses. QuickBooks must be downloaded before you can utilize its amazing features. During the QuickBooks installation process, however, certain problems and errors can occur. QuickBooks update Error 1603 might, for example, appear. When you try to update QuickBooks, you may find that you are experiencing QuickBooks Error 1603. You most commonly encounter this error when trying to run multiple applications simultaneously. read here : https://mamafishsaves.com/quickbooks-update-error-1603/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How To Fix Quickbooks Error 404?

QuickBooks and the Intuit server are out of sync? Updates and installations fail? Those are all problems related to QuickBooks Error 404. If we encounter this error, then what should we do? This update error is quite simple and can easily be resolved by kicking it out of the system. In this article, you'll learn how to counter QuickBooks Update error 404.Quickbooks Error 404, QuickBooks has encountered a problem and must be closed. Quickbooks sync issue."
    read- https://mamafishsaves.com/quickbooks-error-404/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Quickbooks error code 6175 0

QuickBooks Error Code 6175, 0: In general, this error code can be seen when a QuickBooks user tries to open/access the company file located in the local server. This happens when the database server does not respond or QuickBooks is unable to read the database services. Some services stop on their own, if they are not in use by other services. This article will help the users to recover from QuickBooks error code 6175.
    https://quickbooksfiledoctor.co/quickbooks-error-6175/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Quickbooks license error

To validate QuickBooks installations, license numbers and product codes are needed; the license file contains encrypted product registration information. QuickBooks displays a QuickBooks license error because the license file that controls the QuickBooks license (Qbregistration.dat) is corrupted or damaged. Other reasons for QuickBooks license errors include:
    QuickBooks software that is outdated. Please update QuickBooks now.
    The operating system for Windows is outdated.
    Importing QuickBooks without saving the.QBO file.
    Security programs on other computers are interfering with QuickBook's installation.
    XML file in Windows damaged.
    https://quickbooksfiledoctor.co/quickbooks-license-error-after-clone/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. What is Quickbooks File Doctor?

QuickBooks is an feature rich program that altogether affects the bookkeeping business. This program has without any help facilitated the entirety of the monetary requirements of enterprises around the world. Clients might deal with issues and troubles while interfacing with these tools and functions. These issues and troubles hinder QuickBooks' preparing. This is the place where the QuickBooks file doctor can help. The QBFD instrument is the final product of your chase for an extraordinary device to fix successive errors. Numerous QB clients are new to this instrument. Read my blog to know more: https://quickbooksfiledoctor.co/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Installation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Horizontal Page Change

I would like to use my 2-in-1 for reading PDFs, but I want to swipe left and right to change the page. It currently only supports swiping up and down, which is extremely counter intuitive!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Use system default cursors!

It is absolutely unacceptable that the Acrobat Reader changes the system cursor, and doesn't allow for some method of disabling this!
    It shows that Adobe have ZERO respect for their customers.

I have a vision impairment. I have changed my Windows cursor to a very visible, fat, red cursor, because otherwise I lose track of where it is. But Adobe's opinion on that is "********!!!!" apparently.

Why?

Why do you hate your customers, Adobe?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hand and Select tool Bug Report

Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1) Open any PDF
    2) Choose the hand tool (or select tool) from the toolbar user interface
    3) Close the PDF (progam does not need to close)
    4) Open the PDF again
    5) Note which tool is now chosen (it is not the one you changed to)

Environment: Windows 7

Expected result: The setting to be remembered after closing the program or PDF and opening the program or PDF again next time.

Observed result: Changing from select to hand or hand to select setting in the toolbar UI (Toolbar Item:->Select and Zoom Tools)

Working Function:…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base