Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG - Black cursor mark can become frozen on screen

If you put the cursor mark in the text of a pdf, then click out of the window while the cursor mark is black, it will remain black on the page frozen until you click that spot again. This can be repeated infinitely, making a bunch of black marks on the page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remember where I left off option

Acrobat Reader DC should have a setting similar to Chrome based browsers to "Remember where I left off". Example - I have have 5 tabs for 5 different PDFs I'm reviewing, it would be extremely helpful to be able to shut down the app and have it reopen all 5 tabs again when reopening the app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug - Tooltip Bug at Installation

The percentage of completed installation is not updating in the tooltip.
    I have attached an image of it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug: radio button and checkbox styles set in InDesign not working in Acrobat

Since a recent Adobe Acrobat DC update, button styles set in InDesign are no longer working. They still work when the pdf is opened in a browser.

Steps to reproduce the issue: Create a radio button or checkbox in InDesign. Customise the style appearance for the on/off settings (colour, shape, text, removing default checks and dots, etc.). Export to Interactive pdf. Open in Acrobat. Button off styles have now reverted to default style settings. When you click on a button, it briefly shows the correct on style, but once you click off it reverts to the default style again.

Environment:…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. File Name Does Not Appear on Adobe Reader Tabs

When I open different PDF files, the file names does not appear in the Adobe Reader tabs (as tooltip)! A simple example: if I have two copies of a tax form, one for me and one for my wife (with different file names), when I opened them in Adobe, the name appears the same and it shows the type of form only (form name only and not the file name) for both of them. When working with some files (e.g. I am opening some different standards to read at the same time), it is hard to find the one you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please expand your comparison chart for acrobat and acrobat pro to include functions of adobe reader for quick reference

Please expand your comparison chart for acrobat and acrobat pro to include functions of adobe reader for quick reference

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Save project session

Is there a way to save multiple open documents to as a book mark? I often open multiple documents which are located in various places. It would be great to be able to save a session/project so that I can return to all those documents when I continue working on that project!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It does not convert ACSM files to PDF

I just purchased the Adobe Acrobat PDF Pack...the UPGRADED one...fotr $ $18 per year. And it does not convert ACSM files to PDF. That is not good and not functional. Please fix it and please let me know when it is done. Thank you.

Bidut Chowdhury

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can't print PDF files from my Mac to HP printer

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 21.001.20145 on my iMac with Big Sur version 11.2.3 and an HP M277C6 Laser printer. I am unable to print documents. The printer says printing document and the printer pop up window says printing document, but it never completes and never actually prints anything. I am able to successfully print the same document using the PDF Expert app. All other programs print just fine, it's only your program that can't print.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keep the Comment tool bar permanently open

Keep the Comment tool bar permanently open on starting up adobe.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adobe Reader DC should open Windows Protocol Handler links regardless of the default browser

Hello. We have a situation where a Windows protocol handler product is used to open documents from an EDRMS. At some point Adobe has apparently changed how it opens links. Now it simply passes a link to the system's default browser on the command line. As as some browsers (notably Chrome and recent builds of Edge which are based on Chromium) don't handle protocol handler URLs from the command line, this style of link now fails to activate.

Links will be of a form similar to example://12345/open but I think this is an issue for all Windows protocol handlers.

ENVIRONMENT:

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. MIP

Microsoft Information Protection (MIP) is a Microsoft rights management solution. Users of Azure Information Protection and other Microsoft Information Protection solutions can use Acrobat or Acrobat Reader to read labeled and protected content. Plug-in

want to view under each PDF's taps to view all MIP classification for easy usage.
    similarly as Microsoft Office word Document
    the MIP classification shows under the Ribbon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Replicate the Adobe Acrobat Internet Explorer extensions over to Microsoft Edge Chromium

Most people are moving to Microsoft Edge Chromium and within our company we plan to move to this browser as a default.
    These new chromium browsers don't support Active x and OBH's.

Currently the Adobe Extension from the Chrome Web Store seems to be the only Extension Solution to open PDF's from Edge Browsers but all this does is open the document in the installed Application and not within the existing Frame, as the Extension previously would.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. AcroPDFImpl64.dll crashes when PDF is accessed via ActiveX/Webbrowser Control x64

Following bug has been introduced with a recent Adobe Reader (or Windows?) update. It affects all our customers.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create a 64 Bit C# application (32 Bit Works)
    2. In the application, use ActiveX, or WebBrowser control and open/navigate to "C:\documentname.pdf"

Expected result: PDF shows up

Actual result: Screen stays gray. In the Windows Error Reporting you will see that AcroPDFImpl64.dll has crashed.

It is very important for us, because our customers rely on this functionality and our software product is currently not useable due to this bug.

Please contact me through email info at hickelsoft.de .…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AcroPDFImpl64.dll crashes when PDF is accessed via ActiveX/Webbrowser Control x64

Following bug has been introduced with a recent Adobe Reader (or Windows?) update. It affects all our customers.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create a 64 Bit C# application (32 Bit Works)
    2. In the application, use ActiveX, or WebBrowser control and open/navigate to "C:\documentname.pdf"

Expected result: PDF shows up

Actual result: Screen stays gray. In the Windows Error Reporting you will see that AcroPDFImpl64.dll has crashed.

It is very important for us, because our customers rely on this functionality and our software product is currently not useable due to this bug.

Please contact me through email info at hickelsoft.de .…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How could I install Acrobat reader DC 64 Bits?

I have most recent windows 10 Pro 64 bits, but I could not install Acrobat Reader DC 64 bits. I installed several times, but it appeared only installed the ones of 32bits.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Installation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Opening a PDF in a Windows virtual desktop should open an instance of Acrobat in the current virtual desktop

With the introduction of virtual desktops in Windows 10, some users such as myself have multiple projects going on simultaneously. The virtual desktop feature greatly aids compartmentalization in this aspect.

Let us say I am working in a virtual desktop called vd3 for instance, and I do not currently have an instance of Acrobat running on vd3. Now I open a PDF file and there is already an instance of Acrobat running on a different virtual desktop, say vd1. Now, instead of opening a new instance of Acrobat in vd3, Windows forces a switch to vd1 and opens my PDF…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. BUG: Adobe Acrobat Reader on Windows Cannot View Signature from iPad/iPhone

Hi, please investigate why Adobe Acrobat Reader on Windows cannot view signature signed (hand signature) from iPad/iPhone

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Availability of document cloud files offline

When reading a book from the adobe document cloud, it's always a necessity to have an internet connection. But sometimes it could really help if there's an option to make the file available offline, synced to the latest changes. We can always save the file locally, but that would not help to sync the changes like notes/highlights made on the file to other devices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base