Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

325 results found

1. please add and allow the cursor to change. I am visually impaired and have enlarged Window mouse pointer. When mouse pointer gets into the Reader, it "disappeared" and was so small and hard to follow!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I work with many files in Acrobat Reader, like 5 files, the same files for days together. I would love to have an option where I can make Acrobat remember the files that I opened in the last session and restore the same with a single click (like that we get "Restore" when the program crashes and we open in just after that. This is simple but saves a lot of time from user end.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently, click-hold and dragging with the middle mouse button results (hand symbol with four arrows) in the document scrolling at a (rather extreme) rate of speed that is determined how far away your cursor is from where you first clicked the button. The document will scroll continuously until you either move your cursor back closer to its initial location, or release the mouse button.
    I would much prefer the behavior to be like what you get when you hold space and then click and drag with the left mouse button. I.e., you "drag" the document around with the mouse, and…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Using Reader DC 2021.001.20145 on Windows 10 (20H2) in Desktop mode (tablet mode off).

When accessing system menu (restore, move, size, minimize, maximize, close) by clicking icon in upper left of window, the menu items work fine. But when accessing the same menu from the taskbar (hover, wait for popup, right-click on pop-up), the functions are ignored (minimize, move, size), act differently (close), or act strangely (maximize).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It is very inconvenient and time consuming to make multiple clicks in order to zoom in or out the document. In the older versions they were separate and easily accessible. Drop down menu style is really exhausting and time consuming for these kind of basic operations. Please separate the zoom buttons !

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It's very essential more than helpful to stick the comment toolbar always on the menu so that we do not have to open it each time we open a document.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In your recent update these features no longer seem to properly work:

PDF Thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer : this use to show the first page in a PDF as a JPG image. It no longer does.

Text in dialog boxes becomes small when document is open. Can no longer change the size of the fonts in these dialog boxes. They change to very small font sizes when a document is opened, difficult to read

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For all of the machines in my Win 10 2004 test group, the Reader plugin for IE (AcroPDF64.dll) has lost the ability to start the print dialog, either from the handy button in the border UI, the drop down menu, or Ctrl+P. In all cases nothing happens. There are a variety of versions on the affected machines but most of them are quite current (20.9.20063 and ...65). The problem is restricted to IE (11 I have no other versions to check) and the new windows 10 2004 feature build.
    If you're interested in any other data I can provide on…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When viewing a file with Adobe Reader in the File Explorer preview pane, the file gets cut off if the DPI scaling level changes or if the File Explorer window is dragged between monitors with different DPI scaling levels. This is very annoying as it can make documents chopped off and/or hard to read. It seems to be an issue with Adobe Reader previewer not correctly/responding to scaling changes. As you can see in the image, the previewer is so cut off that you can't even see the controls or the scroll bar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Menus are not readable with a voiceover application.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add to the app settings the option to add and remove quick actions from the context menu in File Explorer in Windows 10 for PDFs. Since doing it manually through the Registry Editor is very inconvenient.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Press Ctrl+F
    Try to find any thing by typing in Find input box
    then click/Select any letter in Find Input box and try to type
    Previous data is getting cleared (very irritating as we have to type again whole thing)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It's incredibly frustrating that a) the Adobe Document Cloud is so slow, and b) one cannot drag and drop files to folders. Organizing my PDFs has literally taken the whole day.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow/enable Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to add the "Open...[file]" command to the Quick Tools toolbar.

I am using the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC as of today 12/1/2020: 2020.013.20064.12623.
    When you are constantly opening files, it becomes very tedious to constantly be required to click on the File menu and then select Open... to open files. An Open... command icon is a standard quick command on most other software I have seen. I am surprised and disappointed that no one thought of this or made this a standard command icon on this toolbar. In fact, there are…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If I make changes to several open PDF documents, it would be better to have an option to Save All changes other than get a prompt for every PDF document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hello there,
    Can you add a prompt for updates?
    "Adobe Acrobat requires an update that will require a restart before using the application. Update and restart or install later?"

You see, when Acrobat updates automatically and I'm still running the app, I can still open things, but if Acrobat updates and I'm not currently running the app, then I can't open the app until I restart.
    In terms of workflow this means that to access a PDF needed immediately for work I need to save and close everything, restart, then reopen everything. This took about 7 minutes without including reopening…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow end user to set the cursor and carat to use the Windows System settings.

Also allow end user to set other WS settings enhancing highlighting or visual impairment support aids

using when working from home conferencing and sharing display being able to set colours or size of pointer enhances presentation

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For mouse based users. Remove the excess space, and reduce the size of toolbars and buttons, to maximise screen space available for the document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Clients with Windows 10 1809 or more (or Win2019) trying to access a PDF via a DFS that is stored on a Windows server 2019 server are not able to open more than 1 pdf.

Can this please be fixed as Windows Sever 2019 is being used more widely.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Would be a magnificent addition if manual duplex printing could be selected for Adobe reader on Windows 10. Having read quite a few forums on the subject it would appear I'm not the only person who desires this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?