Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

319 results found

1. Get rid of the tools pane by default. No one I have ever met wants it there by default. Please get rid of it.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The collapsed Right Tool Pane violates usability principles. To quickly scroll a page, users can no longer just drag the mouse cursor all the way Right, to click on the Right scroll bar. This would probably take only 1 sec. With the annoying Right Tool Pane collapsed, nesting right beside the Right scroll bar, users must now carefully drag the mouse cursor, take aim so-as-to not click on the Right collapsed pane, then can he/ she click on the right scroll bar. This is really slow and inefficient.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The tools pane is large and must be closed every time I open Adobe. Please provide an option to close the tools pane so it is remembered by default

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. hide the "all tools" toolbar by default. this toolbar is only needed sometimes. this feature is enabled for the exception instead of the rule. since it takes up one-third of the display window and is on the left, it is distracting. when it was on the right, it wasn't as distracting. when viewing many pdfs over the course of the day, having to give up one third of the screen to a useless toolbar is frustrating.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When multiple documents is opened in multiple tabs in Acrobat Reader, and when hover mouse over the Reader icon on the taskbar, it shows multiple windows in preview instead of one window. It would be a good thing to add that as a option so that behavior is similar as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox which shows one window and active tab instead of multiple windows in the taskbar. It is really struggle to deal with multiple documents and when you want to restore minimized Reader window to the last opened tab.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. **** annoying to close the tools when opening a document. The "last tools state" doesn't work in the preferences. Gone back to the old look-n-feel.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If "All Tools" was a living creature, I'd destroy it with Samurai inspired violence!

If you add a "disable sidebar" function to a near future build, I'll build you a state-of-the-art spaceship that's fitted with cannons that shoot armies of blood thirsty killer crocodiles @ all your enemies. The crocodiles have cybernetic eyes that shoot swarms of heat-seeking killer bees that were trained by the legendary Samurai, Miyamoto Musashi.

Discuss my "Once In A Lifetime" offer with your DEV team & report back.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Suggestions for this feature:
    1. Add read out loud to the toolbar for easier access, including pause and play options.The read out loud feature is currently very inaccessible from the "view" drop down menu.
    2. Allow user to choose where to start reading and stop reading by highlighting text, rather than the limited ability to only read full pages / the entire document
    3. Upgrade voice - please consider adding a more adaptive voice to the program for read out loud. the system default is not pleasant for listening and we know the technology exists to have more advanced AI…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thanks for connecting with us. I went though all the requests suggested by you. I would like to inform you that :
    For #1, Shortcut keys exist for Pause, Play like Ctrl+Shift+Y/V/B.
    For #2, the feature is supported. Click on any paragraph after enabling Read Out Loud and it will read the paragraph. For specific content read, we have informed the management and have been kept in radar for future improvements.
    For #3, you can add the voices though system language setting and the voices will be visible in Acrobat if they exists on system.
    For $4, we have informed the management and have been kept in radar for future improvements.

Try the latest enhancements and features on the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC.

Thanks
    Rachit

9. It is very inconvenient and time consuming to make multiple clicks in order to zoom in or out the document. In the older versions they were separate and easily accessible. Drop down menu style is really exhausting and time consuming for these kind of basic operations. Please separate the zoom buttons !

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This bug has been reported before. It was claimed that it was fixed in version 22.2.20191 (see this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/adobe-stays-open-after-quick-print/td-p/13068306), but we can still reproduce it in current version 23.8.20533.

The problem is that when a print command is issued to Acrobat, the application opens, prints, but does not close again when printing is finished.

We have a customer needing to print batches containing hundreds of documents. Because Acrobat misbehaves, a batch will get stuck whenever a PDF is encountered. The only work-around we found in Acrobat is to manually close the application after each print job. Of course…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please make add the functionality to hide or remove the All Tool menu from the Home view permanently upon launch of the application.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The PDF/UA ("tagged PDF") standard was established in 2012 to add accessibility features to the PDF format using a system of tags.

The tags add semantic information to a document, "marking up" such elements as headings, lists, figures, tables and other common document idioms.

PDF/UA also offers a 'read order' feature, which allows content to be presented in a non-visual way which corresponds to the intended sequence.

These features may be created and edited using Acrobat Pro, which is good. although Acrobat Pro is currently unable to generate or accurately assess a fully compliant PDF/UA file without additional 3rd party…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Almost all other file cloud sharing and editing programs including OneDrive are able to create a cloud files access folder on the directory of the computer itself. They have had it for a while now and it is time that Adobe include have the same feature for Document Cloud. This can can clearly be achieved and should be included in an update considering the price paid to use this service. Thank you.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Acrobat Reader DC changes the mouse pointer into its own scheme. Not talking about the specific tools, just the standard mouse when hovering over the Acrobat window.
    I don't have the best vision, so I have my Windows mouse pointer set to be very visible, or I will lose track of it on the screen. But when using Acrobat, I lose track of the pointer, because Acrobat INSISTS that I don't get to use my custom pointer, but rather use the virtually invisible Acrobat default.
    Why would Acrobat need to change the pointer? I get it for specific tools, like…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. For all of the machines in my Win 10 2004 test group, the Reader plugin for IE (AcroPDF64.dll) has lost the ability to start the print dialog, either from the handy button in the border UI, the drop down menu, or Ctrl+P. In all cases nothing happens. There are a variety of versions on the affected machines but most of them are quite current (20.9.20063 and ...65). The problem is restricted to IE (11 I have no other versions to check) and the new windows 10 2004 feature build.
    If you're interested in any other data I can provide on…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I need to read a PDF while using others apps at the SAME TIME; Reading the documentation of the other program from a PDF file.

I don't need toolbars. I dont' need status bars. I don't need menu bars.

I can press ctrl-f If I want to search for something, I can press ctrl-p if I want to print the document. I don't need a buttons or search bars for those to be constantly visible.

If I need to use ANY other functionality, I can right-click and all that functionality could be put into that right-click menu.

I ONLY WANT…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have problem when PDF document is stored at network drive and my notebook has temporary problem with WiFi. Or when notebook is suspended and later resumed, network drive is not accessible for some time (I have to reconnect it manually). In such cases I see many blank pages in PDF file that was opened in the past (new pages are not read from the file). I have to close document and open it again. That is not nice and I believe that "refresh/reload" function will fix this problem. It is possible to find similar requests in the forums on…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please allow the option for Windows default cursor. It is impossible to find the cursor set that is default in a document. That little Cross cursor gets lost so easily and I have to move mouse from one end to the other until something reacts and lets me know where it is then try to guess its location as I move towards my click.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. All Tools automatically opens when a pdf is opened. Meaning to read it in full view you have to close it every time. This is extremely annoying and makes me not want to use pdfs as much. There should be a setting to have it closed by default. And the "Remember current state of Tools Pane" has no effect, seems to be a bug.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If you have multiple pdf open in tabs, one button to save them all into a single folder

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?