Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1463 results found

1. environment: Windows 10
    Need a feature which can translate PDF text from Russian to Dutch, Russian to English please.
    As the PDFs aren't like Obama's bc; I can't just open layers in Illustrator to copy & paste, then use a google translator. Plus, with crochet patterns, meaning is everything.
    For now I am paying a lady in Petrograd to do the English trans for me. Thanks, research0digo a/t gee male!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. HI. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 and Adobe Reader DC.
    I think there is security bug at Adobe Reader DC when handling 3d-pdf files.

The problem is enabling 3d measurement tools at Adobe Reader DC with secured 3d-pdf files made by Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020.
    I contacted to region customer service about this problem and received this function is intended option.

Customer center said that you’d better to contact bug report if you want to know about further information.

I should have not have bought Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 bundle if enabling 3d measurement tools for secured 3d-pdf…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Today I learned that when a PDF's text includes URLs that are -not- marked up as hyperlinks, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Preview, and Google Chrome's built-in PDF renderer all attempt to convert the URLs to clickable hyperlinks for the reader's convenience.

However, Adobe Acrobat Reader does a noticeably worse job than the other software. Specifically: if the URL is followed by punctuation, Acrobat includes the punctuation in the target of the hyperlink, resulting in a broken link. Apple Preview and Google Chrome handle punctuation correctly.

You can see this behavior by opening the attached PDF in Acrobat, Preview, Chrome, and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I use Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 to view pdfs because it loads pdfs very quickly, and is smooth and responsive; it takes less than 5s to open 300MB+ pdfs.

Installed Adobe Reader recently because I needed the Fill & Sign function. I use Reader to Fill & Sign pdfs while viewing other pdfs with Edge.

After the installation, Edge takes more than 15s to open a pdf, even with small pdfs under 1MB. It has also become laggy. Chrome isn't affected though.

Completely closing Adobe Reader and reopening a pdf with Edge again solves this issue. It's a workaround…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I've already went online to unchecked the 'Auto-suggestions' option and cleared suggestions history.

Went back to using the Windows offline version. I am not signed in. suggestions still pop-up. Please look into this.

Also, for the love of all's good, please make this setting more accessible. Either make this setting available directly within the app itself or accessible directly online.

I cannot fathom why would they make the user jump through hoops for simple, commonly used functions. It's almost as if the offline and online functions were designed and developed completely separately and then later clunked together.

Recently kind of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If you put the cursor mark in the text of a pdf, then click out of the window while the cursor mark is black, it will remain black on the page frozen until you click that spot again. This can be repeated infinitely, making a bunch of black marks on the page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Acrobat Reader DC should have a setting similar to Chrome based browsers to "Remember where I left off". Example - I have have 5 tabs for 5 different PDFs I'm reviewing, it would be extremely helpful to be able to shut down the app and have it reopen all 5 tabs again when reopening the app

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The percentage of completed installation is not updating in the tooltip.
    I have attached an image of it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Since a recent Adobe Acrobat DC update, button styles set in InDesign are no longer working. They still work when the pdf is opened in a browser.

Steps to reproduce the issue: Create a radio button or checkbox in InDesign. Customise the style appearance for the on/off settings (colour, shape, text, removing default checks and dots, etc.). Export to Interactive pdf. Open in Acrobat. Button off styles have now reverted to default style settings. When you click on a button, it briefly shows the correct on style, but once you click off it reverts to the default style again.

Environment:…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For a new bug:
    Brief title- BUG - PASSWORD PROTECTED FILE CAN BE UNPROTECTED EASILY

Steps to reproduce the issue 1)Open protected file with password, Print the file through PRINT to PDF option & save and THIS file is unprotecte!!

Environment - WINDOWS 10 --
    Expected result ---File should ask for password
    Observed result--File DOES NOT ask for password...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please expand your comparison chart for acrobat and acrobat pro to include functions of adobe reader for quick reference

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Is there a way to save multiple open documents to as a book mark? I often open multiple documents which are located in various places. It would be great to be able to save a session/project so that I can return to all those documents when I continue working on that project!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Why comes the "Save as..." dialog when going to File - Save?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Microsoft Information Protection (MIP) is a Microsoft rights management solution. Users of Azure Information Protection and other Microsoft Information Protection solutions can use Acrobat or Acrobat Reader to read labeled and protected content. Plug-in

want to view under each PDF's taps to view all MIP classification for easy usage.
    similarly as Microsoft Office word Document
    the MIP classification shows under the Ribbon.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Following bug has been introduced with a recent Adobe Reader (or Windows?) update. It affects all our customers.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create a 64 Bit C# application (32 Bit Works)
    2. In the application, use ActiveX, or WebBrowser control and open/navigate to "C:\documentname.pdf"

Expected result: PDF shows up

Actual result: Screen stays gray. In the Windows Error Reporting you will see that AcroPDFImpl64.dll has crashed.

It is very important for us, because our customers rely on this functionality and our software product is currently not useable due to this bug.

Please contact me through email info at hickelsoft.de .…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Following bug has been introduced with a recent Adobe Reader (or Windows?) update. It affects all our customers.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create a 64 Bit C# application (32 Bit Works)
    2. In the application, use ActiveX, or WebBrowser control and open/navigate to "C:\documentname.pdf"

Expected result: PDF shows up

Actual result: Screen stays gray. In the Windows Error Reporting you will see that AcroPDFImpl64.dll has crashed.

It is very important for us, because our customers rely on this functionality and our software product is currently not useable due to this bug.

Please contact me through email info at hickelsoft.de .…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Open the attached document, which is a dishwasher manual, in Acrobat reader, and search for the word "floor". It will not be found. However, it's present in the document on page 6 in the bottom of the left column.

2. In Reader, go to the page 6 and copy to clipboard the line beginning with "When the GREEN LIGHT"'; then open Notepad and paste. You will see the space in the middle of the word "floor".

So it looks like the text has a space in the middle, although the word appears in Reader without the space. This makes more difficult…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The copy paste function doesn't work with words that contain letters with accents on my Mac running Big Sur. Letters with accents paste as a space. It doesn't matter where I paste the text. The result is the same. This is a real problem for people using languages with a lot of accents. I'm able to open the same PDF using Preview and copy/paste the same text and see all the letters.

I opened another PDF that was created years ago with accented letters. The copy/paste worked in my browser and in Preview. I had the same problem when copying/pasting…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi, please investigate why Adobe Acrobat Reader on Windows cannot view signature signed (hand signature) from iPad/iPhone

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?