Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1466 results found

1. Create a session that gives an ability to group opened pdfs and save them like collections in browsers. Later, when you reopen your acrobat reader you can choose between different sessions to use.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When a mouse hovers over a sticky note, its content should normally be displayed in a popup.

However, whether it will actually appear depends on the direction from where the mouse approaches the sticky note.

See the video for an illustration: https://youtu.be/3RXThFqGhDY.

I suggest that the content be displayed no matter how a user moves the mouse onto the note.

Adobe Reader DC 20.006.20042

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please make an Always Show Comments Bar option. I work with the stamp, shape and text box tools on many PDFs daily. I have to open the comments toolbar for each one of them. While it's a small thing to do on one PDF, it gets old fast when it must be done for each of many PDFs every day.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently, when I use Adobe Acrobat to access a pdf on my Google Drive and comment on the pdf, saving the file to my Google Drive will sometimes create a new file inside my Google Drive instead of overwriting the original. Then I will have two files like "original.pdf" and "original (Conflicted Copy date and time).pdf)" Even when I go out of my way to click "Save As.." and overwrite the file in my Google Drive with the original name, Adobe will still save the pdf as a separate file called "Conflicted Copy." There needs to be a better way…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'm an occasional user that only needs some of the premium features in Reader once in a while. An example would be adding or removing pages. $13.49 per month is absolute robbery. Instead, I use free programs when needed. Why not offer reasonable pricing plans, with annual payment options that non-commercial users can afford. Adobe thinking seems to be they'd rather have 100% of $0, rather than price it reasonably and add millions of new paying subscribers. Adobe is the best product; why not price it cheap and drive the copycats out of the market.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I saved a 3D-PMI file into PDF file format. When I use my desk computer with NVIDIA Quadro K2200 to view the notes in PDF, the item selected cannot highlight in red. But if I use my laptop with Intel integrated graphics card, the item selected can highlight. How this Issue happens? I have updated my driver already and my DirectX version is 12.0. All settings in AdobeReader are the same.
    Could you tell me how to solver this problem?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like to turn a certain PDF into a .jpg and I do not anticipate a need to do this again in the near future. Seems a little out of touch to expect anyone to pay $15.00 for a month and “potentially” hundreds of dollars to use a service only once or twice in a year.
    On your most economical plan, Adobe receives about half of a dollar per day and allows an unlimited number of document conversions , as well as other services.

Adobe should offer an alternative payment schedule of $1.00 per document,
    up to, $3.00 for…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Disable the share pop-up or add ability to set default share option, e.g. direct to attach to e-mail.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Je ne peux ouvrir ce fichier ! Les autres destinataires n'ont pas ce problème. (J'ai la version 2020.006.20042 à jour)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When I click on "search for new updates" on my acrobat reader on my windows laptop surface laptop 3, there appears a new window where acrobat checks whether there are new updates, but this window is blurred. You have to adjust your programm script so that acrobat reader can handle this situation. I think it has something to do with the windows scaling function. I have set the scaling as recommended on 150% on my laptop. If acrobat would be programmed correctly this shouldnt matter. Please fix this. As you can see in the attachment its badly blurred.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have a legal copy of Acrobat Pro X (Creative Suite) that I love (I use it over Creative Cloud supplied by my employer). PROBLEM: I cannot have Reader DC (needed for shared forms sent to me occasionally) installed at the same time as it always acts as default app even though the Windows 10 default app still lists Acrobat Pro. This is as infuriating as when Edge automatically changes this every time there is a Windows update. I already own Finereader 15 that does everything Acrobat does and more and does not require a monthly subscription. You lost a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It is very inconvenient and time consuming to make multiple clicks in order to zoom in or out the document. In the older versions they were separate and easily accessible. Drop down menu style is really exhausting and time consuming for these kind of basic operations. Please separate the zoom buttons !

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I keep getting scans from teachers of things that i am supposed to read but they scan them with the book open and it is super obnoxious to read. I am trying to figure out how to split the pages in half but the split function seems to split by pages not literally split the PDF in half by OCR ing the page and seeing the middle where the crease is separate. Its weird that the adobe scan app for my phone is better than acrobat dc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I like all adobe products but I don't like the fact that to use them I should use Windows or Mac. I understand supporting Linux is a huge work but for something as small as acrobat reader it is possible with little effort.

It is possible to install acrobat reader on Linux via wine. I suggest packaging acrobat reader with wine and distributing it to Linux.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. a feature that allows selection of a random, or multiple random, pages to view on the same screen or view with a quick action while reading.

much like when physically reading a technical publication that refers ahead or behind to photos or diagrams, you'll start to hold the page(s) with maybe a finger or two so you can quickly switch back and forth.

it would be nice to select a certain random page or maybe 2-3 to show on screen while reading your current page.

another option would be the ability to select 1 or multiple pages to view then…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Borders line and colored column showing with unstable

Look the screenshot:

Reds is thick
    Blues is thin
    Purples is both

Please quick fix for net release , because i have homework.

Or add the table function for all pdf's programs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We Desperately Need To Be Able To Control How Much Zoom We Want In Full Screen Mode.
    The Ctrl+ And Ctrl- Just Take Such Big Steps And I Cannot Adjust The Right Amount Of Zoom I Want.

I Hope It's Not Too Difficult To Understand Or To Implement ... Because Without This, I Cannot Use Adobe Acrobat/Reader

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Stop the notification of "Who needs to Fill & Sign"? i beg of you. i do 30-50 invoices a day. by the end i want to pull my hair out with this.

having notification a couple times but on every single time!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please create a v3 third-party update file for SCCM, so we are able to automatically download en deploy Adobe software updates to endpoints.

More information about this new feature of SCCM 1910 see:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/configmgr/sum/deploy-use/third-party-software-updates#bkmk_1910

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When viewing PDF documents containing images on my wide gamut monitor using Acrobat Read DC (Windows 10), images have oversaturated colors.
    The same PDFs looks OK when opened in Photoshop or previewed in Bridge.

See also this thread:
    - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/problem-with-color-management-wide-gamut-monitor/m-p/10982293

I have done some systematic testing. There seems to be a color management problem/error in the (urrent Windows version of Acrobat Reader DC:

Procedure

I have made two test images:

• image-AdobeRGB.jpg: - a JPEG image file with an Adobe RGB (1998) embedded color profile
    • image-sRGB.jpg: - a JPEG image file with a sRGB IEC61966-2.1 embedded color profile

For each image…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?