Skip to content

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Adobe Reader 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat Reader DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat Reader DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1598 results found

1. I am a professor of Ancient Greek, and use many documents that use polytonic Greek fonts. For some reason, when I copy-paste from PDFs opened in Adobe Reader on a Mac (no problems on a PC!), one particular character doesn't get copies (ἀ). Many similar characters are just fine (e.g. ἁ, ᾶ, ά, ἂ etc). When I open the same files with other programs/browsers on the Mac, there are no issues. I know this is hyperspecific, but I wanted to bring it to your attention.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Reader highlights, but doesn't copy the accented Greek alpha with smooth breathing in text:

GREEK SMALL LETTER ALPHA WITH PSILI
    Unicode: U+1F00, UTF-8: E1 BC 80

pdftotext reads it just fine, as does MacOS PDF reading system.

Example PDF: https://geoffreysteadman.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/platosymp-sept14.pdf

letter on several pages including p. 22.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This document can't be printed successfully on my Windows 10 PC. It stalls partway through preparing to print, and then after several minutes reports a print failure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Our company has an active Enterprise license agreement for Acrobat and other products. One of the key reasons we did this was to enable Federated IDs for access to the applications so that the ID would be integrated to Azure AD. Users that only need Reader and do not require a full-blown licensed copy of Acrobat are not able to login to Reader. The only way to login to Reader is to create a personal, ‘Adobe ID’ which is then outside of corporate control or management. Since Reader is ‘free’ software, there should be no reason that it can’t be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We have multiple users with this intermittent issue. Some times the PDF font will show up properly, sometimes it is gibberish and unreadable. It is inconsistent and I cannot seem to resolve the issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I recently ran into a situation, quite similar to those described here ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/digital-signature/td-p/9192902?page=1 ).

I was trying to sing a document using Acrobat Reader DC 2020.012.20048, but somehow Acrobat was not giving me an option to use the certificate I was going to use. Everything looks fine, no errors, but it still just suggests me to create a new digital ID.

Similar to this ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/digital-signature/m-p/9192908#M28305 ), I see a green checkmark for "sign documents or data" (see 1st attached screenshot),

but it still doesn't work. This is quite misleading and non user-friendly. Everything should work OK, if there…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hello,

I have usually opened few pdf files on my 3rd monitor (datasheets, manuals,etc - documentation for somethig that I work on right now), I also send inquires and initialize orders for things I need to... When I open pdf with invoices/inquires those files tends to move the Adobe Reader window to my center (primary) monitor and resize it (and change zoom) - it drives me mad.
    I did a bit research and this must happens because those files have defined so called "InitialView", so here is my petition:

Add option that prevent window Adobe Reader DC from moving and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I just purchased the Adobe Acrobat PDF Pack...the UPGRADED one...fotr $ $18 per year. And it does not convert ACSM files to PDF. That is not good and not functional. Please fix it and please let me know when it is done. Thank you.

Bidut Chowdhury

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 21.001.20145 on my iMac with Big Sur version 11.2.3 and an HP M277C6 Laser printer. I am unable to print documents. The printer says printing document and the printer pop up window says printing document, but it never completes and never actually prints anything. I am able to successfully print the same document using the PDF Expert app. All other programs print just fine, it's only your program that can't print.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello. We have a situation where a Windows protocol handler product is used to open documents from an EDRMS. At some point Adobe has apparently changed how it opens links. Now it simply passes a link to the system's default browser on the command line. As as some browsers (notably Chrome and recent builds of Edge which are based on Chromium) don't handle protocol handler URLs from the command line, this style of link now fails to activate.

Links will be of a form similar to example://12345/open but I think this is an issue for all Windows protocol handlers.

ENVIRONMENT:

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add to the app settings the option to add and remove quick actions from the context menu in File Explorer in Windows 10 for PDFs. Since doing it manually through the Registry Editor is very inconvenient.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Every time I try to log into adobe pro it keeps telling me that my trial period is over and that I need to install it. Please advise on how to fix this issue asap.

R/ Unjel Harris

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. large file with 2D graphics with areas of transparency is displayed with long delays compared to competing for software. I have Intel UHD 630 graphics and NVidia MX150 which is great for games with full HD resolution. There are also no problems with UHD. On the other hand, displaying in Adobe a 2D file when scrolling, zooming in or out has delays of up to a second!
    No options in the graphics acceleration panel. Was not found.
    This software uses only one GPU not even in full. Furthermore, 3D graphics work excellent but not 2D.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Press Ctrl+F
    Try to find any thing by typing in Find input box
    then click/Select any letter in Find Input box and try to type
    Previous data is getting cleared (very irritating as we have to type again whole thing)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We see in the last month/year a much bader update experience for reader than before. The formerly usable ftp-server is not actual anymore:
    ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/
    And we see lots of customers where the function "Search for updates" inside Reader is GONE - even a clean NEW installation does not show it anymore! So what can be done if this position is gone in the help menu? And how can update enrollment be done better (actually we get the ARM folder on an updated PC and deply this packet afterwards, but this only works incremental - and if one version is missing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be nice to have a 'save all closed tabs'. Then I can re-open these on the next session. Unfortunately, this option is still not available.
    Google has such extension called OneTab. Something similar on Adobe Reader would be great!
    This has been requested by several others (see in comments https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/31145458-save-all-tabs-with-one-click)

Once you re-start, you should just be able to re-open the whole bunch of pdf's that you closed before with one click

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow users to keep a toolbar displayed. I have to constantly go to View<Tools<Comment<Open to display the Comments toolbar.

I should have the option of keeping that toolbar open and have it persist even to another session using the software, until I instruct otherwise.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hello, I have found a bug. When in the following configuration:

• Read Mode OR Fixed-width scrolling
    • Viewing two pages at once (i.e. bottom of one page and top of the next page are both visible on screen)
    • Using the touchscreen of my 2-in-1 (HP Elitebook G4 if that's relevant) to highlight text

I am able to tap once to select a word on either page, but one one of the two pages, I am not able to alter that selection (i.e. grab the little handles at either end of the selection and expand it to include more text). Instead, it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We are using Adobe Reader 21.001.20145 (32 bit) Optional update, Mar 10, 2021 and Office 2013 Version 15.0.5275.1000 (32 bit) on Windows Server 2012 R2 with all updates installed (March 2021)

The error occurs after sending an email (successfully) using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 21.001.20145. If you then close Acrobat Reader, the program crashes with the error 32BitMAPIBroker.exe (see screenshot attached).

The problem does not occur with an older version, fe. 2020.006.20034 of Acrobat Reader .

The same problem existed before, here is the reference to it

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/sending-mapi-mail-via-send-button-still-works-but-when-closing-the-reader-it-will-crash/td-p/11370238

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?