Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

721 results found

1. When using auto-tag, often graphic elements are forced to back or deleted. See attached examples, where the text next to the HHS-CDC logo is messed up after auto-tag.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I am currently trying to convert around 400 pdf documents to .txt files. In regular Acrobat Reader DC I can open multiple files but I cannot save them as .txt. Meanwhile I can save the PDFs as .txt files in Acrobat PRO DC but I can only do them 1 at a time. Am I missing a step or can PRO just not convert multiple files at a time?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. After updating to version 19.012.20036 we have an issue with scanning. Example: We scan pages using our scanners document feeder. Then we select "Enhance Scans", "Insert Pages", "From Scanner" and feed more pages. Then when we try to load the feeder and scan additional pages, it won't let you select "Scan" again. If you click "Close" and then "Close" again in the upper right corner, it will let you scan more pages 1 time and then it won't let you do it again. Before, we could keep adding additional pages to the document feeder and keep scanning.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When OCRing a document and you move to another program to allow the OCR to continue, the cursor is still the watch. This makes working in other programs difficult. The watch should only take over the cursor when you are actually in Adobe.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. When I open a document the reading order is missing.
    2. One of my clients has sent me a pdf with the reading order attached and the tags assigned, the document has been tagged, it's all good to go. However, when I open the document on my end, all of the reading orders have been removed. I know the reading order has been set, i checked the original document and it was tagged properly, but when she emails it to me the reading order is not showing up on my end.
    3. We both have Windows 10 Os, I am on the…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It has been important in my practice to review reports and multitask. The Apple OS version of Adobe Acrobat is not compatible with the system-wide keystroke of option+s, which activates text-to-speech. This essential function works with MS Office 365 and other third-party apps. Secondly, the rate of speech (even after changing the preferences) is too rapid for use. Clearly, the options of reading the whole page or whole document are limitations. I work with patients who have auditory processing problems, and I can imagine that this function makes some document reading inaccessible. The current configuration is probably an upgrade for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I had somehow turned the Grid on. I love keyboard shortcuts, so I tried "CMD+G" and nothing happened. "CMD+R" turns the ruler on/off. So I went through the view nav, and found that the key command for turning the Grid on/off is "CMD+U" .... why is it "U" and not "G"? G would make the most sense because it's a Grid. There's not even the letter "U" in the word Grid.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017: I made an accessible PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes. I Saved As PDF and when prompted, I said yes to converting speaker notes to annotations.

My blind 508C Consultant read the PDF with Jaws & NVDA & Adobe's built in screen reader. He was able to successfully navigate the entire document, EXCEPT Comments/Annotations. When the screen reader hit the Annotation Bubble it announced "Text" and nothing else.

I asked him to search for a phrase that existed only in a comment and no where else in the document. He couldn't find it.

As a government entity…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix "Tagged Annotations - Failed" bug

Hyperlinked content is marked as "Tagged Annotations - Failed" in Accessibility checker even when they are properly inserted (whether manually in Acrobat Pro or in InDesign, etc.

Adobe Support confirmed that InDesign included the hyperlinks properly and confirmed that the issue in Acrobat is indeed a bug.

Mac OS Mojave. 10.14.5
    InDesign 14.0.2
    Acrobat Pro DC

Created document in InDesign with and without hyperlinks. Exported to PDF.

PDF with hyperlinks produced Tagged Annotations - Failed
    PDF without hyperlinks did not show failure UNTIL I added the hyperlinks manually in Acrobat, then they failed as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have Word files in the dropbox, which I need to generate a PDF. I would like to generate this PDF files directly in the dropbox .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Translation of words/phrases inside the PDF:
    Function:
    1) Mark a word
    2) Click right
    3) Select "Translate" from list
    4) Bubble with suggested translation for the marked word shows up
    5) Click anywhere on the document (other than the bubble) to close translation suggestion

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We have taken up your request to the higher management and we don’t have plan to implement it now. Though we have kept it in our radar, and will implement in the near future.

Thanks
    Rachit,

11. It would be nice if there was a hotkey or shortcut for signatures and/or initials. I love the functionality but there is a delay when I click on the signature drop down inside adobe pro. There is also a delay between the signature selection and dragging it into the right position. If there was a hotkey/shortcut, I could bind it to one of my mouse buttons and just press it when I have to initial or sign.

I do sign a lot of pdf documents and it would make it more pleasing if this was implemented.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  12 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. How to reopen the last page which I was reading in case of power failure?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Adobe Reader reads dashes as "to" and not "dash." Not always accurate, my organization uses Figures denoted 3-1. this should be read "three dash one" not "three to one".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The Read Aloud Speed can be set i note settings. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to do anything. Support threads on this topic haven't been addressed by Adobe in years. Could we get this feature working?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When opening/working with several documents, closing the wrong document causes stress to find that one document again in the Mac Finder/Windows Explorer/email application/…

My suggestion is to implement a 'recently closed'-button, similar as the Vivaldi or Opera browsers implemented. This way, all recently closed documents are nicely listed together with the current open documents. This makes retrieving recent actions more easily.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When is PDF Maker going to be available for Autocad 2017 and higher?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I built a fill-in form using a PDF template. Turns out the PDF displayed incorrectly for one of my users, so I created a replacement template PDF. When I switched it out, all my fill-in form fields significantly moved. Would love a feature that would allow the fields to be locked before replacing template. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Accessibility Checker fails:
    Check boxes (Tagged form fields - Failed)
    Radio buttons (Tagged annotations - Failed)
    InDesign copy changes, Acrobat Reading order missing tags.

Using MacOS High Sierra V 10.13.6.
    Previous files, InDesign 2018 Export Adobe PDF Interactive Passed the checker. Same file open in newer version InDesign 2019 Export Adobe PDF Interactive fails.

Not sure if the problem is with Acrobat or Indesign. This is happening with all my files. If I take a new Indesign file with no interactive functions and create them in InDesign 2019 everything passes.

There is a bug somewhere!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It will be easier to use and user will get a wide angle while reading if u make the menu bar the toolbar the bookmarks menu and the right menu bar to disappear and be only visible when the pointer focus it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?