Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

721 results found

1. PLEASE ELIMINATE the need to go through a dropdown menu just to check off a commnet.

IT WAS FINE to have a checkbox. It took HALF THE TIME.

PLEAES FIX

245 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Resolved  ·  195 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. You have absolutely no control over the choice of menu design, forced to look at a big blue “share” button, a feedback button and a question mark. When operating in half screen the frequently used menu items I have chosen are hidden, because you think I want to share, learn or send feedback. Give me the ability to remove and take charge of my workspace environment.

175 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  amukherj responded

With our latest release on 11th Dec. 2018, the issue reported by you has been addressed.
    If your product has not already been updated, to get the latest product update, click on the menu Help —> Check for updates in the product.

You can now customize it by right clicking on the Toolbar and selecting appropriate option.

3. For a long time now I have noticed a peculiar bug that only sometimes rears its head. By now I'm pretty sure it is a bug and not something I'm doing wrong, as I've had this same issue appear in multiple AcroForms that I have made, all with different content.

What happens is illustrated well with the screen recording I made, see the attached file.

How to reproduce:

• This is with an AcroForm drop-down field that has about 200 entries.
    • This drop-down field has the options "Allow user to enter custom text" and "Commit selected value immediately" selected.…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Each comment in the column on the right hast to be opened to be checked with done (check mark). But then the answer-field is opening and the answering field of the former comment will be closed. When the checkmark is not set, the comment is always shifting a bit up. That makes a work with 500 corrections really bumpy/uneasy.
    The size of each comment is also too big. In the former version there were 17 comments on one screen, now there are just 9 comments!
    Make one comment without opening and smaller and more clearly arranged without moving!!

In the…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The original issue reported in the main thread is resolved by giving a preference for checkbox in the latest release. The other issue reported by Ian Davis is under our radar and we will let the user know if we pick it for future release.

5. Please revert back the icon color of Acrobat Standard DC to red or any other color but black. The black color has poor visibility and not eye friendly.

Request to take it on priory basis if possible as its slow down working speed as we loose the visibility of the icon on taskbar

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Why can we not set a default font in our editing tool. One already seems to be the default, but I can't change it.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add the ability to set defaults for the Share feature, So that Send as Attachment can be set as the default

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. under MacOS Mojave 10.14.4 (18E226) in Acrobat Pro version 2019.010.20098 when we try to perform run a preflight fix (generate 2 mm bleed), Acrobat can't do it telling there was an error but not showing what error. The same fix applied on the same file using the same version of acrobat works perfectly under MacOS 10.11.6 - We tested it on different machines with the latest version of MacOS and Acrobat.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. With the newest update, F2 (used universally for renaming across every other PC/Windows program/functionality) was changed to a help function that brings up an Adobe Internet help site.

F1 is used universally for help, and no one needs that much access to Adobe help pages.

F2 should be returned to renaming. Ctrl-F2 is a ridiculous and difficult change for renaming and it's the worst idea ever.

I remediate hundreds of PDFs for accessibility, and having to make a more complicated keystroke to rename tags is a huge problem.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  6 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to permanently close the tools pane. 'Remember current state of Tools Pane' option is not available for Adobe Acrobat DC Pro.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. You need to allow users to hide the tools pane on the right side during load of documents. its annoying and we should have the ability to permanently hide it!!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Like ALL other pro Adobe apps we use, please give users the ability to customize keyboard shortcuts! Thank you.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  19 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I cannot permanently close the tool pane. There is no "Open Tools Pane for Each Document" option to turn off in Edit >> Preferences >> Documents. When I manually close the tool pane with a document open, close the document and reopen it, the tool pane doesn't "stick" closed. It's open again. I am rarely, if ever, going to use anything in the tool pane. It's large and annoying. I don't want to see it every time I open a document. How do I get the tool pane to go away without having to manually close it with every document…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Internal hyperlinks, cross-reference hyperlinks, and TOC hyperlinks made in the latest version of MS Word 365 are not retained by PDF Maker.

Affects: Word 365 version 2109 14430.20270
    Adobe Acrobat 2021.007.0095 and
    Adobe PDF Maker 21 (Library 21.7.123)

These errors are in addition to others listed for PDF Mader at https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/44183082-accessibility-errors-with-pdf-maker-update-sept-20

Hyperlinks from Word are non-functional when exported to PDF via PDF Maker. Affects both traditional hyperlinks and accessible hyperlinks:

— Traditional internal hyperlinks are not clickable.
    — Accessible internal hyperlinks are missing the <Link> / <Link-OBJR> compound tag that provides an accessible hyperlink.

— TOC hyperlinks are not clickable…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your patience. We have investigated this issue and found that this has broken with a recent Office update and would require a fix from Microsoft. 

This has also been raised on Microsoft fourms in several threads and acknowledged and it seems they are investigating this issue. Please follow these threads for updates.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/cross-references-and-toc-in-word-do-not-work-when/712d50ee-e8dc-4266-9810-bb2d20dcc2c3

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/when-i-export-a-word-to-pdf-the-table-of-contents/66421104-a501-4b1c-851e-86cd25744e4c

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/exporting-hyperlinks-to-pdf-from-word/4b792dc6-b045-46f2-88c4-9d94125fbeb8

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/cross-reference-links-eg-table-of-content-table-of/181567c4-6cfe-4749-923e-452c75ba0c5f

As a workaround, please revert to older version of Office to make links work.

Thanks

Tanvi

15. Create 508 compliant PDF documents frequently that need to be passed. These documents more than not have several lengthy tables. These documents also come from different people using different software and versions. And more than not these tables need to be rebuilt. Would love to have the option to create tables in the Tags sidebar from scratch where you can at the same time specify how many TR, TH, and TD and in a certain order. Right now I can only add them one at a time. Also, if there is a way to remove the hard setup of tables.…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. i would like to be able to change the font of an interactive text field of a pdf file that i made in adobe indesign.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

You can make use of "Enable Rich Text Field " in Properties panel to make use of formatting options in "Right Click >Sub Menus.

Closing this for now until we have further info on the request. Can revisit later

17. I don't want the forced tools on top, including Home, Tools, Document, and several of the page display icons. I'm a genius and I'll offer a brilliant idea: let users customize their own screen!

When the window isn't maximized, there's insufficient room for all the tools, and the default unwanted ones prevent the ones I need from being displayed! When the + and - zoom icons aren't shown, they're also not even listed behind the 3-bullet icon on the far right! This is obviously a bug. It's further difficult since Acrobat refuses to zoom when using Ctrl-scroll on a "high-precision"…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have a fully paid subscription with correct Visa card details - keeps telling me the TRIAL MODE has expired - logged in, logged out a million times - useless, absolutely useless - should get a refund to cover lost salary

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Restore email tool that directly attaches document to an email in the user's client software, or provide a way to customize the tool to do that. Tool in new version opens a new window with various Adobe ecosystem options, adding an unnecessary work step.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Up until the last update, it was possible to email a pdf without first saving it. It is a total waste of time and space to have to save something you don't need to keep just to be able to email it.

PLEASE FIX THIS BACK THE WAY IT WAS!!!!!!!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?